Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All AFC East Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All AFC East Team

    After seeing SI's All NFL Team and the Whose the Best LT in the AFC East thread i decided to make my All AFC East Team...

    QB - Tom Brady (NE)
    RB - Thomas Jones (NYJ)
    FB - Cory Schlesinger (MIA)
    WR - Lee Evans (BUF)
    WR - Laveranues Coles (NYJ)
    TE - Benjamin Watson (NE)
    RT - Nick Kaczur (NE)
    RG - Brandon Moore (NYJ)
    C - Nick Mangold (NYJ)
    LG - Logan Mankins (NE)
    LT - D'Brickashaw Ferguson (NYJ)

    I'm doing a 3-4 defense because 3 of the 4 teams have 1...
    LE - Richard Seymour (NE)
    NT - Vince Wilfork (NE)
    RE - Aaron Schobel (BUF)
    LB - Adalius Thomas (NE)
    LB - Zach Thomas (MIA)
    LB - Jonathon Vilma (NYJ)
    LB - Jason Taylor (MIA)
    CB - Andre Dyson (NYJ)
    CB - Asante Samuel (NE)
    FS - Ko Simpson (BUF)
    SS - Kerry Rhodes (NYJ)

    K - Rian Lindell (BUF)
    P - Brian Moorman (BUF)
    KR - Justin Miller (NYJ)

    Coach - Bill Belichick (NE)
    Offensive Coordinator - Brian Schottenheimer (NYJ)
    Defensive Coordinator - Bob Sutton (NYJ)

    NE - 8 Players, 1 Coach
    NYJ - 8 Players, 2 Asst. Coaches
    MIA - 3 Players
    BUF - 6 Players

    I know I'm a bit biased, but I think that is what it is... I know there will be debates because I left Terrence McGee, Dan Koppen, Matt Light, Joey Porter, Randy Moss, and Chris Chambers off the list, but I think the guys I put on it over them are better...

    note: because the defense is in the 3-4 that does not mean i placed players that only fit the 4-3 in it... example Schobel
    Last edited by TimD; 08-23-2007, 12:27 AM.
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

  • #2
    QB-Tom Brady; JP Losman
    HB-Thomas Jones; Laurence Maroney
    WR-Lee Evans; Donte Stallworth
    WR-Lavernaeus Coles; Chris Chambers
    WR-Randy Moss; Jericho Cotchrey
    dont know too much about AFC east linemen



    Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by neko4 View Post
      QB-Tom Brady; JP Losman
      HB-Thomas Jones; Laurence Maroney
      WR-Lee Evans; Donte Stallworth
      WR-Lavernaeus Coles; Chris Chambers
      WR-Randy Moss; Jericho Cotchrey
      dont know too much about AFC east linemen
      i decided not to make reserve players because then i would only be leaving out like 2 players for each position... and its not hard to say these 2 guys are good and these 2 aren't...
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

      Comment


      • #4
        hahaha u left Seymour out and put Schobel in on the 3-4 ? Seymour is the best DE in a 3-4!

        Schobel would be an OLB at his size.

        QB - Brady
        RB - Jones
        FB - Evans?
        WR - Evans
        WR - Coles
        WR - Moss
        TE - Watson
        LT -Peters
        LG - Mankins
        C - Koppen/Mangold
        RG - ?
        RT - Light(move him)

        3-4
        DE - Seymour
        NT - Wilfork
        DE - Warren
        OLB - Taylor
        ILB - A. Thomas
        ILB - Z. Thomas
        OLB - Vrabel
        CB - Samuel
        CB - Dyson?
        SS - Rhodes
        FS - Whitner

        KR: Maroney/Miller (yes..he was near top of league before he got pulled once he got injured)

        PR: Ginn


        HC: BB
        OC: Schot
        DC: Peas (no way is Sutton better..AT ALL)

        maybe Porter can be at OLB instead of Vrabel ..not sure at this point . how u left off Seymour and put Schobel in is beyond me
        Last edited by remix 6; 08-17-2007, 12:56 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
          hahaha u left Seymour out and put Schobel in on the 3-4 ? Seymour is the best DE in a 3-4!
          I couldn't leave out the best DE in the div. just cause he doesn't fit the type of defense i decided to make the all-team have...

          Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
          FB - Evans?
          Schlesinger is just a beast blocker and i think he's a better FB then Evans whose a mix between a HB and FB

          Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
          OLB - Taylor
          ILB - A. Thomas
          ILB - Z. Thomas
          OLB - Vrabel
          I just picked the 4 best LBs IMO...

          Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
          CB - Dyson?
          I changed it...
          Last edited by TimD; 08-17-2007, 12:59 PM.
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
            I couldn't leave out the best DE in the div. just cause he doesn't fit the type of defense i decided to make the all-team have...


            Schlesinger is just a beast blocker and i think he's a better FB then Evans whose a mix between a HB and FB


            I just picked the 4 best LBs IMO...


            I changed it...
            hes not the best DE in the division. Seymour is better..as is Taylor and possibly Warren but if your running a 3-4 D..good luck having a 260 pounder try to play.

            should of done a list of both then(a 4-3 aswell) and have Seymour as the 2nd best DT and Schobel at DE.

            i agree about Evans not being there..forgot all about Schlesinger

            4-3 Defense
            DE - Taylor
            DT - Seymour
            DT - Wilfork
            DE - Schobel
            OLB - A. Thomas
            MLB - Vilma
            OLB - Crowell probably.
            Last edited by remix 6; 08-17-2007, 01:07 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Seymour doesnt get the stats, but its due to the system.
              The guy does his job better than any 3-4 DE i know



              Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

              Comment


              • #8
                -Peters would be the starter at LT or RT
                -Whitner is a better FS option than Simpson even if he plays strong.
                -It's gotta be Seymour over Schobel in that system, no doubt about it.
                -Justin Miller is coming off of a better year for sure, but McGee has been the most consistent returner in the league the past 3 years. He never gets caught deep in his own zone and while not always getting TDs he always manages to give us great field position and probably brings it out to the 40 more than anyone else, which is huge considering our terrible offense from past years. Miller is still an excellent choice, he has been very good.
                And I don't care what anyone says, McGee > Mathis in '05. Ginn will certainly be an intriguing option this year as well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Seymour is a ******* beast. Since watching him come into the league the only guy that I have ever seen able to block him was an all-star stud in Marcus McNeil. Makes you wonder how good McNeil is/will be.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 255979119 View Post
                    Seymour is a ******* beast. Since watching him come into the league the only guy that I have ever seen able to block him was an all-star stud in Marcus McNeil. Makes you wonder how good McNeil is/will be.
                    McNeil held him quiet a few times actually but uncalled like the rest of Chargers OL...plus Seymour was hurt most of the season..hard to play with that huge brace on your whole arm. also fans cant always tell what his responsibilities are.(he said it himself after postseason). His job is to do a certain thing or be in a certain place. i blame the Chargers running all over us on

                    a. holding
                    b. Banta-Cain not being able to seal the edge AT ALL

                    credit to McNeil though..he did well but he didnt necessarily "stop" Seymour by any means

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                      McNeil held him quiet a few times actually but uncalled like the rest of Chargers OL...plus Seymour was hurt most of the season..hard to play with that huge brace on your whole arm. also fans cant always tell what his responsibilities are.(he said it himself after postseason). His job is to do a certain thing or be in a certain place. i blame the Chargers running all over us on

                      a. holding
                      b. Banta-Cain not being able to seal the edge AT ALL

                      credit to McNeil though..he did well but he didnt necessarily "stop" Seymour by any means
                      I'm sure it had nothing to do with the best running back in football, and a good O-Line....

                      Anyway, Seymour does have to be on that list, he's the best 3-4 D-end in football.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                        Anyway, Seymour does have to be on that list, he's the best 3-4 D-end in football.
                        i toke Warren off and put Seymour on... I think Schobel deserves to be on that list
                        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If you are running a 3-4 Schoebel is pretty much an awkward fit at DE. If you put him anywhere, put him at OLB. As much of a homer as it makes me sound, I believe if you are running a 3-4 then the DL should be the Pats DL of Warren-Wilfork-Seymour.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                            If you are running a 3-4 Schoebel is pretty much an awkward fit at DE. If you put him anywhere, put him at OLB. As much of a homer as it makes me sound, I believe if you are running a 3-4 then the DL should be the Pats DL of Warren-Wilfork-Seymour.
                            i just picked the top 2 ends in my opinion... if i was actually putting this team on the field then yes of course i would have that front... but im just listing who i think is the top players in their positions with no consideration to the type of defense im listing them in... hence schobel at end (the position he plays)
                            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Moved some guys around.

                              QB- Tom Brady
                              RB- Ronnie Brown
                              FB- Cory Schlesinger
                              WR- Randy Moss
                              WR- Lee Evans
                              TE- Ben Watson
                              LT- D'Brickashaw Ferguson
                              LG- Logan Mankins
                              C- Nick Mangold
                              RG- Vernon Carey
                              RT- Jason Peters

                              DE- Jason Taylor
                              DT- Richard Seymour
                              DT- Vince Wilfork
                              DE- Aaron Schobel
                              OLB- Adalius Thomas
                              MLB- Zach Thomas
                              OLB- Jonathan Vilma
                              CB- Asante Samuel
                              CB- Andre Dyson
                              S- Kerry Rhodes
                              S- Donte Whitner

                              That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information