Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All AFC-North Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All AFC-North Team

    I saw the AFC East and figured we should get in on the fun.

    Offense: 25 Players
    QB: Carson Palmer -> Ben Roethlisberger
    RB: Willie Parker -> Rudi Johnson
    FB: Dan Kreider -> Le'Ron McClain

    WR1: Chad Johnson -> Braylon Edwards
    WR2: Hines Ward -> Santonio Holmes
    WR3: Mark Clayton -> TJ Houshmanzadeh

    TE: Todd Heap -> Kellen Winslow -> Heath Miller

    LT: Jon Ogden -> Levi Jones
    LG: Alan Faneca -> Eric Steinbach
    C: LeCharles Bentley -> Eric Ghuiciac
    RG: Kendall Simmons -> Ben Grubbs
    RT: Willie Anderson -> Adam Terry



    Defense: 3-4... 25 Total

    LDE: Aaron Smith -> Haloti Ngata
    NT: Casey Hampton -> Kelly Gregg
    RDE: Trevor Pryce -> Brett Keisel

    Utility DL: Justin Smith (Backup both All 3 positions)

    ROLB: Terell Suggs -> Kamerion Wimbley
    RILB: Bart Scott -> Larry Foote
    LILB: Ray Lewis -> James Farrior
    LOLB: LaMarr Woodley -> Antwan Barnes (Really no vets in this division)

    Utility Backup LB: James Harrison (Perhaps I'll be considered a homer but he would be #3 backup for all LB positions)

    CB: Chris McCallister -> Jonathan Joseph
    CB: Ike Taylor -> Leigh Bodden
    FS: Ed Reed -> Madieu Williams
    SS: Troy Polamalu -> Sean Jones

    Utility DB: DeShea Townsend (CB/S Tweener)

    Special Teams: 3

    LS: Brad St. Louis
    P: Daniel Sepulveda
    K: Matt Stover

    Coaches:

    Head Coach: Brian Billick (Though I prefer a Defensive minded HC... Tomlin is too new, Marvin has no control of his team and Romeo hasn't proved anything in Cleveland yet.)
    Defensive Coordinators: Rex Ryan and Dick LeBeau (Find me a better duo of defensive masterminds)
    Offensive Coordinator: Bob Bratkowski


    Just a couple Homer Comments....

    1) Holmes could be in the top 2-3 WR's in this division this season..
    2) Arians could prove to be a great coordinator.. our offense is looking good thus far (I Know it's just preseason, but we should've been running this offense as soon as we started Willie Parker)
    3) Anthony Smith Might beat out Madieu Williams this or next season behind Ed Reed.


    as for the picks. I think I did very well. I wasn't homerly Biased. I made every effort to field the best team for the division.

    One change I would make would be to start James Farrior over Bart Scott.. but Scott is the RILB and Farrior is a LILB, which is why he's behind Ray.

    I don't like starting Kendall Simmons on this list.. he's a great run blocker but a joke of a pass blocker.. just Grubbs isn't more proven.. and there really wasn't another RG that stuck out from Cincy or Cleveland.



    Players Per Team Breakdown:

    Baltimore: 17 players + HC and Co-DC
    Cincinnati: 10 players + OC
    Cleveland: 6 players
    Pittsburgh: 19 Players+ Co-DC
    Last edited by Mr. Stiller; 08-17-2007, 06:15 PM.

    Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

  • #2
    Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
    I saw the AFC East and figured we should get in on the fun.

    Offense: 25 Players
    WR1: Chad Johnson -> Braylon Edwards
    WR2: Hines Ward -> Santonio Holmes
    WR3: Derrick Mason -> TJ Houshmanzadeh

    TE: Todd Heap -> Kellen Winslow -> Heath Miller

    LT: Jon Ogden -> Levi Jones
    LG: Alan Faneca -> Eric Steinbach
    C: LeCharles Bentley -> Eric Ghuiciac
    RG: Kendall Simmons -> Ben Grubbs
    RT: Willie Anderson -> Adam Terry



    Defense: 3-4... 25 Total

    LDE: Aaron Smith -> Justin Smith
    NT: Casey Hampton -> Kelly Gregg
    RDE: Haloti Ngata -> Brett Keisel

    Utility DL: Trevor Pryce (Backup both DE positions)

    ROLB: Terell Suggs -> Kamerion Wimbley
    RILB: Bart Scott -> Larry Foote
    LILB: Ray Lewis -> James Farrior
    LOLB: LaMarr Woodley -> Antwan Barnes (Really no vets in this division)

    Utility Backup LB: James Harrison (Perhaps I'll be considered a homer but he would be #3 backup for all LB positions)

    CB: Chris McCallister -> Jonathan Joseph
    CB: Ike Taylor -> Leigh Bodden
    FS: Ed Reed -> Madieu Williams
    SS: Troy Polamalu -> Sean Jones

    Utility DB: DeShea Townsend (CB/S Tweener)

    Special Teams: 3

    LS: Brad St. Louis
    P: Daniel Sepulveda
    K: Matt Stover

    Coaches:

    Head Coach: Brian Billick (Though I prefer a Defensive minded HC... Tomlin is too new, Marvin has no control of his team and Romeo hasn't proved anything in Cleveland yet.)
    Defensive Coordinators: Rex Ryan and Dick LeBeau (Find me a better duo of defensive masterminds)
    Offensive Coordinator: Bob Bratkowski


    Just a couple Homer Comments....

    1) Holmes could be in the top 2-3 WR's in this division this season..
    2) Arians could prove to be a great coordinator.. our offense is looking good thus far (I Know it's just preseason, but we should've been running this offense as soon as we started Willie Parker)
    3) Anthony Smith Might beat out Madieu Williams this or next season behind Ed Reed.


    as for the picks. I think I did very well. I wasn't homerly Biased. I made every effort to field the best team for the division.

    One change I would make would be to start James Farrior over Bart Scott.. but Scott is the RILB and Farrior is a LILB, which is why he's behind Ray.

    I don't like starting Kendall Simmons on this list.. he's a great run blocker but a joke of a pass blocker.. just Grubbs isn't more proven.. and there really wasn't another RG that stuck out from Cincy or Cleveland.

    You miserably failed at your attempt to not be a homer. And the sheer fact that you put Bentley on this list makes it totally null and void.

    Magical sig by OSUGiants

    SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


    Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

    So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      You miserably failed at your attempt to not be a homer. And the sheer fact that you put Bentley on this list makes it totally null and void.
      Holmes Played Great.. nearly a 1000 yards in a reserve role minus 4 starts.

      Bentley, when healthy is a great C.

      Ike Taylor is IMO the 2nd best Corner in the AFCN.

      only 4 of the 7 people you bolded are Steelers.

      Sepulveda is going to be a damn good punter. Brad St. Louis is Cincy's LS.

      Ghuiciac is also Cincy's C.

      Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
        You miserably failed at your attempt to not be a homer. And the sheer fact that you put Bentley on this list makes it totally null and void.
        Bently could comeback this year



        Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by neko4 View Post
          Bently could comeback this year
          In your Opinion does it look like I was overly Homeristic?

          DeShea is an older vet, but he would be a solid #5/6 CB and #3 S backup in the division of this team.

          Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
            In your Opinion does it look like I was overly Homeristic?

            DeShea is an older vet, but he would be a solid #5/6 CB and #3 S backup in the division of this team.
            A little, but who doesnt add a little homerism to things like these?



            Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
              Holmes Played Great.. nearly a 1000 yards in a reserve role minus 4 starts.

              Bentley, when healthy is a great C.

              Ike Taylor is IMO the 2nd best Corner in the AFCN.

              only 4 of the 7 people you bolded are Steelers.

              Sepulveda is going to be a damn good punter. Brad St. Louis is Cincy's LS.

              Ghuiciac is also Cincy's C.
              Bentley hasn't played in over a year so therefore calling him the best is ridiculous, he has to proven himself. Matt Katula is a much better LS and as for Ghuiciac, eh my bad I wasn't aware he was a Bungle. You can hype Sepulveda all you want, right now he's not the best. And don't get me started on that piece of trash Ike Taylor.....

              Also Mark Clayton > Holmes

              Magical sig by OSUGiants

              SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


              Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

              So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

              Comment


              • #8
                QB: Palmer
                RB: Parker
                FB: Kreider
                WR: 85
                WR: Housh
                WR: Clayton
                TE: Winslow
                LT: Ogden
                LG: Faneca
                C: ?
                RG: ?
                RT: Anderson

                3-4
                DE: A. Smith
                NT: Hampton
                DE: Pryce
                OLB: Suggs
                ILB: Scott
                ILB: Lewis
                OLB: Wimbley
                CB: McAlister
                CB: Joseph
                S: Polamalu
                S: Reed

                4-3 D
                DE: Suggs
                DT: Hampton
                DT: Gregg
                DE: Pryce > J. Smith
                OLB: Wimbley(i know hes a 3-4 guy but couldnt think of anyone else better)
                MLB: Lewis
                OLB: Scott

                Comment


                • #9
                  lets stop the rumors, the best fb in this division is jeremi johnson. just stop it.

                  ^A Bonekrusher production^
                  #15
                  Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                    Bentley hasn't played in over a year so therefore calling him the best is ridiculous, he has to proven himself. Matt Katula is a much better LS and as for Ghuiciac, eh my bad I wasn't aware he was a Bungle. You can hype Sepulveda all you want, right now he's not the best. And don't get me started on that piece of trash Ike Taylor.....

                    Also Mark Clayton > Holmes
                    I'm gonna have to disagree with that. Santonio put up almost as good numbers last year in half as many games and is poised for a break out year. Basically you called him a homer and defended it by being a homer.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                      QB: Palmer
                      RB: Parker
                      FB: Kreider
                      WR: 85
                      WR: Housh
                      WR: Clayton
                      TE: Winslow
                      LT: Ogden
                      LG: Faneca
                      C: ?
                      RG: ?
                      RT: Anderson

                      3-4
                      DE: A. Smith
                      NT: Hampton
                      DE: Pryce
                      OLB: Suggs
                      ILB: Scott
                      ILB: Lewis
                      OLB: Wimbley
                      CB: McAlister
                      CB: Joseph
                      S: Polamalu
                      S: Reed

                      4-3 D
                      DE: Suggs
                      DT: Hampton
                      DT: Gregg
                      DE: Pryce > J. Smith
                      OLB: Wimbley(i know hes a 3-4 guy but couldnt think of anyone else better)
                      MLB: Lewis
                      OLB: Scott
                      stick to the AFC East, kid.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
                        I'm gonna have to disagree with that. Santonio put up almost as good numbers last year in half as many games and is poised for a break out year. Basically you called him a homer and defended it by being a homer.
                        Stating the truth is not being a homer:

                        Clayton - 67 receptions 939 yards 5 touchdowns

                        Holmes - 49 receptions 824 yards 2 touchdowns

                        Not to mention that Mark already had his break out year and will continue to improve where as Holmes has to have this supposed break out year.

                        Magical sig by OSUGiants

                        SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                        Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                        So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You said there were not vet LOLB but there's Willie McGinest.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                            You said there were not vet LOLB but there's Willie McGinest.
                            Willie certainly qualifies as a vet.......

                            Magical sig by OSUGiants

                            SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                            Originally posted by Job
                            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                            So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                              Stating the truth is not being a homer:

                              Clayton - 67 receptions 939 yards 5 touchdowns

                              Holmes - 49 receptions 824 yards 2 touchdowns

                              Not to mention that Mark already had his break out year and will continue to improve where as Holmes has to have this supposed break out year.
                              Well like I said, Holmes put up his stats in fewer games, seeing as how he didn't start until half way through the season.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information