No announcement yet.

Rookie watch thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Beason had 15 tackles according to the broadcast and thirteen according to NFL.com. I expect to actually go up too. He did great, especially covering such a speedster like Bush out of the backfield.

Comment

• Slow week for D-Bowe; 4 for 75, or something like that.

No one else did a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by osi+ap=allshallperish View Post
        I just don't think the olsen/shockey comparison is very good, to me he's a faster antonio gates with a worse oc. Olsen is very tall, has long arms and great jumping ability to go with great speed and athleticism while being very lacking as a blocker, that sounds a lot more like gates then shockey to me. Shockey's been great this year as a blocker and has always played more to his physicality than to his athleticism.

Shockey has let the fans and media get into his head. You can see that on every play he's trying to make a big play, especially with coughlin using him more as a blocker and a decoy. That's why when he does get the ball he's always looking up field at how to take it to the house instead of ensuring the catch and then worrying about getting upfield, kinda like Payton feels the pressure to live up to his offensive genius title and so takes foolish risks and over complicates things
        They're both tight ends from the U, they're both white, they both have long blond hair.

I wasn't really trying to get all technical.:)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          They're both tight ends from the U, they're both white, they both have long blond hair.

I wasn't really trying to get all technical.:)
          Olsen got a hair cut... that comparison doesn't work :)

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Reggie Nelson had his first INT; Adam Podlesh had a great game.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by osi+ap=allshallperish View Post
              I just don't think the olsen/shockey comparison is very good, to me he's a faster antonio gates with a worse oc. Olsen is very tall, has long arms and great jumping ability to go with great speed and athleticism while being very lacking as a blocker, that sounds a lot more like gates then shockey to me.
              Yeah I was hanging out with Gates this morning and he said "Damn, that Greg Olsen guy is a faster version of me; he'd put up way better numbers if only his OC Ron were as good as his brother Norv."

It's been 3+ years now that every young tight end with potential, or every guy who has a good game, is "the next Gates." Hasn't happened yet.

Comment

• there sure have been a lot of douchebag comments in this thread. The guy is just trying to look at what the rookies have done so far. Nothing more. You can argue about whether or not its worth the time, but don't be so stupid in trying to make it something its not. This is not a "rookie projection" or "grade the rookie class" thread, its a "what have the players from this year's draft done so far in this season". Quit being such a-holes.
                Originally posted by 21ST
                He was protecting his self
                Originally posted by tjsunstein
                From what? His leg?
                Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Laron Landry is a beast, he crushes people on tackles and he made a ridiculous deflection on a Kitna pass yesterday. Nobody has even try to throw on him yet this season, he's the real deal.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                  12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                    there sure have been a lot of douchebag comments in this thread. The guy is just trying to look at what the rookies have done so far. Nothing more. You can argue about whether or not its worth the time, but don't be so stupid in trying to make it something its not. This is not a "rookie projection" or "grade the rookie class" thread, its a "what have the players from this year's draft done so far in this season". Quit being such a-holes.
                    Well that was an intelligent response.

It would be nice if we had a thread to talk about rookies and how well they've done this year.

Oh wait...we do.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...=12777&page=15

This is just a thread to give meaningless grades. And I'm not trying to be an asshole, I like Winslowbodden, but there's really no point for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                      Reggie Nelson had his first INT; Adam Podlesh had a great game.
                      That's good to hear, because I heard Podlesh was struggling.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                        It's been 3+ years now that every young tight end with potential, or every guy who has a good game, is "the next Gates." Hasn't happened yet.
                        Like who?

Either way, just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't. Gates isn't unbelievable or anything. Honestly he's a poor man's Tony Gonzales in his prime. There will be tight ends that come along that will surpass him. In fact, I'd rather have Kellen Winslow than Gates the last year and a half and would argue that he already has.

Comment

Like who?

Either way, just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't. Gates isn't unbelievable or anything. Honestly he's a poor man's Tony Gonzales in his prime. There will be tight ends that come along that will surpass him. In fact, I'd rather have Kellen Winslow than Gates the last year and a half and would argue that he already has.

I think you're underrating Gates. He has been the most dominant TE since he entered the league. Plus, maybe I'm wrong because I haven't been keeping a lot of tabs on the Chargers, but isn't he having his best season ever?

Comment

• you gotta be crazy to take winslow over gates the dude is the best te of his time

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                            12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                              Yeah I was hanging out with Gates this morning and he said "Damn, that Greg Olsen guy is a faster version of me; he'd put up way better numbers if only his OC Ron were as good as his brother Norv."

The next Gates is probably one of the most ridiculous comparisons one can make. Gates is a natural at the position. I don't think we will see another person who did not even play football in college come in and destroy the league like Gates has for a long, long, looong time. It's almost unbelievable the success he has had.

Everyone compared Vernon Davis to Gates, and despite his god-like physical abilities has not even come close to being the type of every down threat that Gates is. Although I never really bought the comparison myself, they are two completely different players. Davis is more like TO with greater size... Both came into the league really raw, with crazy physical potential, both have a tendency to drop easy balls, both are monsters after the catch, and both have an ego that would lead you to believe that they are the greatest that have ever played their respective positions.

Comment

Like who?

Thats a good one.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information