Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Crouch headlines tryout for AAFL

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=3018260

The new All-American Football League held a tryout today in Detroit. Eric Crouch was among those who tried out. i for one am looking forward to this new league but am upset by the lack of a west coast program. It seems to be centralized in the south with teams in Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Detroit, and an undetermined city in Texas

I heard about this and it sounds like a good idea. It seems like it will be a great place for guys like Crouch who can't make it in the NFL.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of the rule that all players must have a college degree. It gives the guys who worked just as hard in the classroom a chance to play pro football

Comment

Does the season start this year or next? I thought it was early 2008

Chris Leak seems interested too

Comment

I can't believe Vladimir Quanker is still playing. Even Matrio LaCasse.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
            I'm a huge fan of the rule that all players must have a college degree. It gives the guys who worked just as hard in the classroom a chance to play pro football
            It doesn't have to be a league rule, but I'd love to see an NFL team adopt that policy.
            aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
              I would prefer college to adopt the NFL policy first.

Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                Does the season start this year or next? I thought it was early 2008

Chris Leak seems interested too
                Season starts Sprin 2008. The draft is in January

Comment

Shane Matthews will be the head coach of the Gainesville, Florida team. So far the following players have been named to that team

Travis McGriff, Ran Carthon, Judd Davis, Chris Doering, Tony George, Willie Jackson, Steve Rissler, Fred Weary and Eli Williams.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. Should give fans of the NFL something to get excited about before the actual football season kicks off.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/Arkansas.html

Heres a list of the key names at the Arkansas tryout

http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/Alabama.html

Here's a list of the Alabama players

Comment

http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/teams.html

Here you can participate in a poll to determine which other university should get a team

Comment

How would you guys put together teams? Make up your own roster.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                            How would you guys put together teams? Make up your own roster.

I don't know about the rest of my team, but my quarterback would definitely be Scott McBrien, and my WR's would be Latrez Harrison, Steve Suter, and Jo Jo Walker.
                            HALL OF FAMER!
                            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

can NFL players play in this league during summer to stay in shape?

Of course I am not talking about starters of nfl team but can a practice squad player play there to showcase his ability and prove that he can play?

I am thinking bobby sippio he has nothing left to prove in the AFL and barely missed the 53 roster in KC. Imagine he passes the whole year on PS never dressing up, is that conceivable? Or will it be too much stress on his body?

I really don't know I am just wondering

Life is hard then we die

The only real wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information