Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Lawson out for season

Niners LB Manny Lawson out for season with torn knee ligament

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) -- Linebacker Manny Lawson will miss the rest of the San Francisco 49ers' season after tearing a ligament in his left knee.

Lawson, a starting outside linebacker in the 49ers' 3-4 defensive scheme, went down with the injury during Wednesday's practice. The injury didn't initially appear to be serious, and Lawson rode on a stationary bike for the rest of the team's workout.

But tests determined Thursday that Lawson tore his anterior cruciate ligament.

That's a huge blow to SF's defense.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

Thats a shame. I liked Lawson alot coming out of college, I actually was hoping the Steelers would find a way to draft him. He looked very good in the first two games this year and has shown huge improvements over last season. Hopefully he'll be able to recover from this and come back next year fully healthy.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

That really sucks I wanted to see if he could build off of his rookie season.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Thats not good, he's one of my favorite players in the NFC just based off of talent. I hope he recovers quickly.

Comment

A force on that defense that teams no longer have to gameplan for

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

unfortunate no doubt. Brandon Moore can stil play outside 'backer, so that should minimize the loss. Hurts his development thats the main loss.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
              You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Damn, i was pumping Manny big time when he was coming out. His potential is limitless and he has good head on his shoulders. I actually would have preffered the Browns to take Manny over Wimbley...glad i was wrong (so far anyway, Manny has more potential with a bum knee then most NFL prospects can dream about, i think he can still be a force).

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

only a 77 overall, but is FUN to play with in madden. 90 speed for a linebacker.
                  Dedicated to the chase for back-to-back Superbowl titles. New York Giants for life.

Comment

kinda sad cuz i really liked him comin out of NC state with mario williams and mccargo but to this point i believe hes been a bit of a disappointment mostly due to the fact hes a tweener and is out of position. if the 49ers played a 4-3 defense he could have been used similarily to elvis dumervil of the broncos the past couple of years.

Comment

wow that sucks, i liked him playing with willis...i was really high on him out of college and wanted Dallas to take him over carpenter badly...even more so now that we dont have a place for carpenter and lawson was the better pass rusher and more athletic

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                        kinda sad cuz i really liked him comin out of NC state with mario williams and mccargo but to this point i believe hes been a bit of a disappointment mostly due to the fact hes a tweener and is out of position. if the 49ers played a 4-3 defense he could have been used similarily to elvis dumervil of the broncos the past couple of years.
                        I feel like he been used wrong, they are trying to use him like Shawn Merriman when they should really use him like Demarcus Ware a passer rusher only. They also need him to add some more muscle, he way to fast for a LBer so it wont hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                          I feel like he been used wrong, they are trying to use him like Shawn Merriman when they should really use him like Demarcus Ware a passer rusher only. They also need him to add some more muscle, he way to fast for a LBer so it wont hurt.
                          He's not strong enough yet to be a Merriman type, they should just use him either in coverage or as a passrusher, he's just not very good in run-support

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                            you can never be too fast for any position in football.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                              He's not strong enough yet to be a Merriman type, they should just use him either in coverage or as a passrusher, he's just not very good in run-support
                              Wrong. His run-support has actually become a strength of his. His improvements this year have been HUGE. He's definitely stronger and more explosive off the snap. They usually did't use him as a pass rusher though, as that role is mostly Banta-Cain, and Manny is the only LB on the team who can cover anybody. This really really really blows, he was going to have a big, big year. He was already way farther along than Julian Peterson was at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information