David Carr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Carr

Can we officially pencil him in as a bust and stop making excuses for him? Yesterday's David Carr was the same David Carr I saw in Houston. A guy who can't make reads, holds the ball too long, and makes poor decisions and checks down too often.

And he doesn't have that "i wasn't protected" line to fall back on either. Im sure Houston's lack of offensive line talent had effected his development over the years, but his lack of production the past 2 years was more his fault than anything else.

i agree and the excuses are done with and he will never be the QB Houston believed he would be when they selected him with the top pick..julius peppers sure would have looked good in a texans uniform

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't argue it.

He had the potential to be something, but being stuck in Houston on a developing team screwed both parties over.

Comment

julius peppers sure would have looked good in a texans uniform
        Julius Peppers couldn't play in a 3-4, that's why they passed on him.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
          julius peppers sure would have looked good in a texans uniform

And yet, people complained when they took a prospect that had the same kind of potential last year.

Comment

Absolutly, I don't think its possible to argue it anyother way.
            "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
              And yet, people complained when they took a prospect that had the same kind of potential last year.
              They complained because they took him over Reggie Bush, who was considered a god at that point in time last year.

And yes, Carr is pretty much toast at this time.

Comment

I like to think that we should afford Carr at least a couple more games before writing him off completely, but he looked terrible yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  Julius Peppers couldn't play in a 3-4, that's why they passed on him.
                  He has the ability to play standing up in that scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                    He has the ability to play standing up in that scheme.
                    He would be just like Jason Taylor.

As for Carr, I refuse to believe that Tampa had perfect coverage on every play. The way he was looking at the field it was like we never sent everyone out there. Checks down way too much and holds it forever ending in sacks, and also holding calls.

Comment

Joey Harrington > David Carr? ha ha

Comment

I still find it terribly funny that instead of drafting Vince Young, they decided to extend Carr and give him that ridiculous guaranteed money.

Stupidest thing I can remember a team doing. Jamarcus Russell to the Raiders over Calvin Johnson comes close, but it's a distant second.

Comment

David Carr sucks... I watched him play yesterday and he was terrible, as bad as drew weathersuck

Comment

Well Joey did look horrible to start the year, and the past 2 games he looks great, so who knows...id like to give him 4 starts this year to judge

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              I still find it terribly funny that instead of drafting Vince Young, they decided to extend Carr and give him that ridiculous guaranteed money.

Stupidest thing I can remember a team doing. Jamarcus Russell to the Raiders over Calvin Johnson comes close, but it's a distant second.
                              wait a minute i dont think the raiders regret makin that move one bit...j-rocs a stud and in the long run calvin wouldnt have helped us out nearly as much

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information