Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone's talking about the Patriots..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Everyone's talking about the Patriots..

    But what about the Colts? I really like their chances. They just played against Tampa Bay without Marvin Harrison and Joseph Addai. That proved not to be a problem as Kenton Keith (Who? Exactly) had a great day against the Bucaneers D. Then there is the solid rookie play of LT Tony Ugoh. The line doesn't seem to have missed a beat in run or pass blocking. Marlin Jackson has been a stud this year as well. They are well-balanced on offense and have an improved defense. I think the colts could be the team to beat.
    Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 10-17-2007, 12:29 AM.

  • #2
    The Colts imo have become a proven commodity in everyone's eyes and people know what they are going to get with the Colts and therefore they aren't really discussed much. We know their defense is a bit shoddy and we know they have a great offense but I think everyone is infatuated with the Pats and their O at the moment.

    Rightly so I should add as well because they are looking absolutely prolific right now and as if no-one can stop them. I'm a fin-fan and I have to admit that the Pats in my eyes are clear SB favourites. The Colts will be there in late January and we will see them against the Pats hopefully then. But until then everyone is looking at an offense that puts up 40 points week in, week out and a defense that can go a couple of weeks without giving up a TD. THat's just great football and irresistible to watch and talk about. The Colts are the same 'ol team. :/

    Comment


    • #3
      Because the Colts barely beat the Titans and the Patriots are curb stomping everyone. That's why nobody is talking about the Colts.

      Comment


      • #4
        Super Bowl champs this year. I've posted this before. When they play NE in the AFC Championship, and come on, everyone knows that's who it will be, NE will be all they talk about. Tom Brady will be all they talk about. The Colts will come in with a chip on their shoulder and upset them. It may not happen in the regular season, but I think it will in the playoffs. To beat a team as good as NE, you need something special. Hint hint, Peyton Manning is something special.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
          But what about the Colts? I really like their chances. They just played against Tampa Bay without Marvin Harrison and Joseph Addai. That proved not to be a problem as Kenton Keith (Who? Exactly) had a great day against the Bucaneers D. Then there is the solid rookie play of LT Tony Ugoh. The line doesn't seem to have missed a beat in run or pass blocking. Marlin Jackson has been a stud this year as well. They haven't missed a beat and are well-balanced on offense, even with Kenton Keith in there. I think the colts could be the team to beat.
          I think most knowledgeable football fans realise the Colts are right up there with the Pats (or atleast, i hope), it's just the whole espn thing that have the Pats as the best team ever. In saying this i do concede the Pat are the better football team but the thing is the Colts match up perfectly to beat them. The 'bend not break mentality' of the tampa 2 will hopefully slow (note: not stop) the Pats offense enough for the Colts own potent offense to outscore them. That and they've had the wood on them for the last couple of years.
          God, just talking about this has me salivating for week 9.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ewing View Post
            Because the Colts barely beat the Titans and the Patriots are curb stomping everyone. That's why nobody is talking about the Colts.
            Sorry Tony Dungy isn't an arrogant prick who insists on going for td's on 4th down with an unbeatable lead in the 4th qtr, i guess thats what you need to be recognised in this league.

            Comment


            • #7
              Honestly the Colts just aren't that interesting this year. I'm not sure why. Probably because the makeup of the team is roughly the same as last year sans Dominic Rhodes and a few meaningless defensive players.

              The Pats on the other hand are like an old friend you forgot about, and they've got a new group of stars too.

              Add that in with the re-emergence of the Steelers under Mike Tomlin and the struggles of the Norv Turner Chargers and there just isn't that much room for Colts coverage in the AFC.

              Besides...look at the absoutely ZERO coverage the Jags are getting even though they are playing very well right now. Could be worse.


              Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                Sorry Tony Dungy isn't an arrogant prick who insists on going for td's on 4th down with an unbeatable lead in the 4th qtr, i guess thats what you need to be recognised in this league.
                If the Pats beat a team many considered to be one of the top three in the league by 21 and the Colts beat an average Tennessee team by two, who do you think deserves the coverage?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                  If the Pats beat a team many considered to be one of the top three in the league by 21 and the Colts beat an average Tennessee team by two, who do you think deserves the coverage?
                  It really has nothing to do with that and you know it.


                  Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    It really has nothing to do with that and you know it.
                    I think it does. The Pats are dominating everyone while the Colts are playing close games. The Pats are clearly the better team thus deserve more coverage.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                      I think it does. The Pats are dominating everyone while the Colts are playing close games. The Pats are clearly the better team thus deserve more coverage.
                      You don't watch the Colts do you? The game you refer to the Titans actually played well, they were at home and they're a division rival, its normally going to be a close game. The other close win the Colts had was against the much improved Texans, and guess what? Same situation, Colts on the road to a fired up division rival. The other winning margins have been 31 in the big season opener, 18 vs the Broncos and 19 vs the Bucs. Yeah, they've really struggled to 5-0.

                      In saying all this i think its fairly irrelavent as both teams are undefeated and the next few weeks (climaxing in week 9) are going to sort the men from the boys

                      One more thing, please don't buy into the Cowboys beingan elite team and that beating them was huge, their defence is vastly overrated and their offence isn't on the same level as the Colts and Pats

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        It really has nothing to do with that and you know it.
                        Actually, playoff bound teams and future superbowl winners don't win games by small margins against lesser opponents.

                        They stomp their guts out and steal their lunch money.

                        Last year's colts were the exception, not the rule.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                          Actually, playoff bound teams and future superbowl winners don't win games by small margins against lesser opponents.

                          They stomp their guts out and steal their lunch money.

                          Last year's colts were the exception, not the rule.
                          So to win a superbowl you have to beat every 'lesser opponent' by 40 during the regular season? Tell that to the 2006 Steelers and a fair slice of other superbowl champs cause I'm fairly certain thats not how it happens most years.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            As of right now the Patriots look about 3 times as good as the Colts

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                              the Patriots are curb stomping everyone
                              I love that phrase

                              Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information