X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfair to avoid Devin Hester?

http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/...from_rule.html

Originally posted by Philip Zaroo | MLive.com
    Most of the time I will try to keep my opinion to a bare minimum as Emkow hands me the keys to his "car." But I couldn't help but think of a couple points when I read Dan Pompei's "Huddle Up" blog after the Lions' 16-7 win over the Bears.

Originally posted by Chicago Tribune, October 28
    I'd like to see the NFL consider legislation that would penalize teams for punting out of bounds. And maybe the league should tack on another 10 yards to the penalty for kicking off out of bounds. It isn't good for the league to have dynamic players like Devin Hester taken out of the game.
    First of all, as bad as things have been in Detroit, I truly cannot remember anyone crying for a change in the rules when opposing defenses would put 11 men, four billy goats and a small family of water buffalo in the box in order to stop Barry Sanders. Secondly, the Bears have every opportunity to make teams pay for giving them better field position. Mr. Pompei, let me introduce you to the word "offense."
    This has got to be a joke. If a change were to be made, they'd also have to prevent 8 players from crowding the box and for a team's #1 receiver from being covered by more than 1 player.

Oh, and Elam isn't allowed to kick within 2 minutes of the half/game.

A joke. This is football... if you can't win without your KR/PR, you don't deserve to win.
    Left NFLDC: 20080918.

True, its called startegy, deal with it.
    Plus its not likee that cant have the guys lateral it back to hester or have an extra guy deep on punts to lateral to Hester

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Let's make it a rule that you have to throw at Champ Bailey every time you pass. That way, the game would be fair.

This is completely ridiculous. It's not like the Bears aren't getting great field position out of this or anything. If the Bears offense didn't suck like it does, teams wouldn't do this as often.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

The Lions and Eagles are just pussies
        Last edited by njx9; 10-29-2007, 07:18 PM.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
        who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

That is extremely lame. You devise ways to eliminate the opposing teams best players, and that usually leaves you vulnerable in other areas. If the team you're playing can't figure out ways to exploit this then they don't deserve to win. Kicking away from Hester is smart strategy, just like double teaming Steve Smith or avoiding Champ Bailey is.
          Originally posted by njx9
          i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Well, it isn't good for the league to have dynamic players taken out of the game. It isn't good for the league for teams to play defense, either. They obviously aren't gonna change it. The field position teams get on an out of bounds kickoff is top notch, they need to take advantage.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

you have a choice, you can kick it to Hester or kick it short and put the Bears in good position.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
                Let's make it a rule that you have to throw at Champ Bailey every time you pass.

I'm behind you 100%.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                  The Lions and Eagles are just p u ssies
                  Apparently, it works...
                  Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Yeah, this is really a pathetic argument.

As Marinelli put it before this weeks game, "I would rather kick the ball into Lake Michigan than to kick it to Hester."
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

People always talk about "fair" in football.

If you show up to a game and its going to be a "fair" match up, you're not prepared.

Comment

Boo freaking Hoo!

Is it "fair" to avoid shut down corners?

Its called a competitive advantage, if you don't want Hester lighting you up then you better tackle him or not kick to him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

So let's get this straight...

You have to kick to returners
                          You're not allowed to score X amount of points so so and so team doesn't get offended.
                          What else?

Shut up already. It's the NFL. It's strategy. It's a coach's decision to do whatever he feels helps him win. Enough already, stop complaining about something new every week.

Comment

Your not allowed to not kick to KR's.. whats the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
                              Your not allowed to not kick to KR's.. whats the difference?
                              It is much easier to direct a kick out of bounds on a kickoff than on a punt. On a punt you would lose yardage majority of the time by trying to kick out of bounds, but on a kickoff you could easily get it below the 15 yard line.

Originally posted by Halsey
                              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information