Tony Romo signs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Romo signs

6 years 67.5 million, 31 million guaranteed.

per ESPN

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Whatever happen to modest Romo?

Also has this been posted?
    http://omg.yahoo.com/britney-spears-...-out/news/3481

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I'd love to rip the Cowboys but I actually can't. Romo will prove if his is an elite QB once TO leaves/dies. He doesn't have elite skills but he's running a top-notch offense very well.

Comment

I think he already is considering his next best target this year has been a TE and Crayton.

Comment

I am surprised something was done during the season I'd figured they'd wait until the season was through to work out a deal

Comment

around the same amount Bulger got. I was right :)

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
              I am surprised something was done during the season I'd figured they'd wait until the season was through to work out a deal
              I believe this was the last week of the season where you could extend players and have some of the money apply to this years cap. I dunno how much the Cowboys were under, but that's probably why.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                I believe this was the last week of the season where you could extend players and have some of the money apply to this years cap. I dunno how much the Cowboys were under, but that's probably why.
                If thats the case its time to resign favre to an 8 year deal worth a billion

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                  If thats the case its time to resign favre to an 8 year deal worth a billion
                  um no. A-Rod needs to be signed for 30 million a year :)

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3085827

Good deal for all parties

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                      If they would have waited until the end of the season, that deal would probably be close to twice as much as the one they worked out right now. Especially if the Cowboys go deep into the postseason.

Comment

the link I read said 30mil in guarantees, but whatever.

Now can we put all of these "the Cowboys must secretly doubt Romo, why else wouldn't he have signed yet?" questions to bed? The reality of these things is that, like most business deals, deadlines are what forces activity. You had to know that Jerry wanted to get as much of Romo's bonus money on THIS year's cap (of which we are anywhere from 12-21 million under, depending on where you are getting your info) as he could. To put that much money on this season's ledger and thus have it freed up in subsequent seasons is a HUGE factor, as it will help to maintain flexibility.

In the end, I think Romo got a little (maybe 2 mil/year at the most) less than he could have had he waited til the end of the season and negotiated on the open market, but in exchange for security and having the money in hand immediately, it's a pretty fair trade off.

I'm just relieved that I don't have to listen to all the stupid sportscasters sit and talk about how Jerry knows in his heart that Romo is trash because he hasn't given him his money, and that he is terrified of the oncoming debacle that Romo is about to inflict upon the franchise. Oh, wait, that was just Skip Bayless.
                        Originally posted by 21ST
                        He was protecting his self
                        Originally posted by tjsunstein
                        From what? His leg?
                        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                        That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                        "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Damn you. I was just about to post this.
                          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I hate this man.

Originally posted by Halsey
                            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Bulger received $30M in guaranteed money too? That's a lot.

What's sad is that the overall figures are similar to what Jamarcus Russell signed as the first overall pick, some kid fresh out of college without taking a single snap in the professional level. Rookie contracts in the Top 16 are far too high.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information