Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 Reasons Tom Brady is the Greatest QB Ever...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of all time? I am not sure. Elway, Favre, Montana, and Manning have something to say about that.

Favre has played with 1 HOFer in his career, Reggie White. Favre makes his receivers good, in the same way Brady makes his receivers good.

Elways got to the Super Bowl multiple times with absolutely nothing. Some of those teams probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs without Elway.

Montana is, well, Montana.

Until this year most thought Manning was better than Brady. One season doesn't change that too much.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I hate QBs. I really, really hate QBs.

I hate ranking QBs even more. Way too much of the debate is subjective, simply because they're part of a unit. Think Brady is great if he's constantly on his ass? Or guys couldn't catch the ball?

He could probably crack the top 10 greatest QB of all time, but these rankings don't go very indepth in their arguments...almost all of it is based solely on Super Bowls/playoff success.

Football is way too complicated to rank QBs like that...system...the rest of the team...coaching...
      Last edited by SenorGato; 01-15-2008, 12:43 PM.

Comment

1.) LT
        2.) LG
        3.) C
        4.) RG
        5.) RT
        6.) Randy Moss
        7.) Wes Welker
        8.) Donte Stallworth
        9.) Bill Belichick
        10.) The Media

Other than that he's nothing more than average.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
          1.) LT
          2.) LG
          3.) C
          4.) RG
          5.) RT
          6.) Randy Moss
          7.) Wes Welker
          8.) Donte Stallworth
          9.) Bill Belichick
          10.) The Media

Other than that he's nothing more than average.
          Wow...easy on the crack pipe.

Comment

You and everyone else can buy into this guy...but I've watched him underthrow deep balls and out routes consistently. Give Someone like Leftwich that line and he'd do the same thing. He's become a good decision maker...but when you have 5 seconds per attempt you'd better be able to get someone open with talent like that. Yes, he's a fine QB...but he's a product of the system. He's had one of the best defenses around keeping the ball in his hands...and not to mention some great backs that don't get as much hype. He's in the best situation in football...even better than the Colts...which is quite a cushy situation for Manning as well. I want to see Brady go down and another average NFL caliber QB inserted...and see how they do.

Comment

The fact that he never before passed for more than 28 passing touchdowns (50) despite him throwing more often than most would think.. the fact that he never had above a 92 qb rating (117) before.. and despite his throwing for more than 3,800 yards 1 time before - the greatest offense team ever assembled was handed to him bothers me greatly. And for those who say he never had the talent before I say, he always had the coaching, and he always had the defense.

Regardless of my finding this recent season mendacious..to me, Brady is the best quarterback of all time despite my lack of respect for his recent season.. because being a quarterback is measured by winning.. and yes i feel that not losing is the same thing. At the end of the day Brady will go down as the leader of the greatest team ever assembled.

sig by bosanac01

Comment

I have Joe Montana as the best of all time. Tom Brady is making a strong case however, and we'll have to see how he ends his career.

Right now, I have him at #3. Look, its hard to ignore how damn good Brady is. You can't ignore it. He's this generation's Joe Montana.

If he wins 5 SBs by the end of his career, I'll put him at #1. Right now though, Joe Montana is the best.

Comment

Ok so Brady Beats out Favre... How about

1. Consecutive Starts by a QB: 253
                  2. Most Wins by a QB: 160
                  3. Most TDs: 442
                  4. Most Yards: 61,665
                  5. Most Att and Comp
                  6. Been to 2 Superbowls and won one.
                  7 Named the league MVP 3 consecutive times (Only player to win 3 let alone consecutively)
                  8. 9 probowls and 6 Allpro selections.
                  9. And my personal favorite... The way he plays the game and his love for it

EDIT---- Yes superbowls matter but to me they are a product of the team not solely the QB therefore i do not believe it should weigh heavily on who is dubbed "The Best QB of all time". Seeing as there will never be a general consensus there will never be a true "Best QB"
                  Last edited by ImBrotherCain; 01-15-2008, 01:54 PM.

Comment

There is NO one better than Brett...as much as I hate to say it...I am not even a big Favre fan and with a roomate from Wisconsin I have to pull against him...but man come on...it's unreal what he's done. Superbowls...MVPs...wins...

He's gone through plenty of talent...and plenty of time without talent...they've kept a great line around him...but he's taken his shots as well.

Comment

I still have Manning and Brady tied.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

best QB ever I'm not sure, there have been other good ones too... but to me he's the best in the NFL right now, hands down.

Manning never had to do anything without a fantastic receiving corps and a great O-line. Brady didn't have those things until this season. Plus, Brady actually gets his team through the playoffs more than once.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                          Ok so Brady Beats out Favre... How about

1. Consecutive Starts by a QB: 253
                          2. Most Wins by a QB: 160
                          3. Most TDs: 442
                          4. Most Yards: 61,665
                          5. Most Att and Comp
                          6. Been to 2 Superbowls and won one.
                          7 Named the league MVP 3 consecutive times (Only player to win 3 let alone consecutively)
                          8. 9 probowls and 6 Allpro selections.
                          9. And my personal favorite... The way he plays the game and his love for it

EDIT---- Yes superbowls matter but to me they are a product of the team not solely the QB therefor i do not believe it should weigh heavily on who is dubbed "The Best QB of all time" seeing as there will never be a general consensus.
                          1, 2, 3, 4, 5 can be done just by starting for a long time
                          6, brady did better

not saying brady is better, or as good, this is just something that has amazed me for a long time. Favre breaking the career records is pretty logical since he's started for nearly 2 decades (which is a testament to his toughness)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Favre > Brady . . . but I love them both.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.
                            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                              1, 2, 3, 4, 5 can be done just by starting for a long time
                              6, brady did better

not saying brady is better, or as good, this is just something that has amazed me for a long time. Favre breaking the career records is pretty logical since he's started for nearly 2 decades (which is a testament to his toughness)
                              Very very true but how many people can start that long and still put up numbers? Look at the year Favre had, he came in 2nd in MVP voting... Yes it be a distant second but he still got a vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                                best QB ever I'm not sure, there have been other good ones too... but to me he's the best in the NFL right now, hands down.

Manning never had to do anything without a fantastic receiving corps and a great O-line. Brady didn't have those things until this season. Plus, Brady actually gets his team through the playoffs more than once.
                                We don't know how good Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison are without Manning. Would they still be great? Probably. But Manning makes receivers better. He makes O-Lines better. For me, it comes down to:

What does Brady do better than Manning?

What does Manning do better than Brady?

And I can't come up with a decision based on those questions. Let's also point out:

Moss>Harrison
                                Stallworth Welker>Clark
                                and before this year...

New England D>Indy's D

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information