New Respect for Rivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
    I don't think there was much question about the guy's heart. Just his character. But major props to him playing through injury.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with his character. He leads a normal life with no problems whatsoever off the field. I just think his view of having fun is different than everything else. He's essentially an anomoly because he's a hardcore fan playing QB.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
      I don't think there was much question about the guy's heart. Just his character. But major props to him playing through injury.
      i would love to see your life through a microscope. if you think so highly of yourself that you can actually question another man's character, then you, my friend, need to start a religion. get off your freaking high horse.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
      Titty sprinkles

Comment

Has LT ever really had an injury problem in his career? He may be one of the luckiest players ever in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by sodar21 View Post
          Has LT ever really had an injury problem in his career? He may be one of the luckiest players ever in that respect.
          He's played through several. Most notably in 2004 and the end of 2005.

Comment

He played real well. Hopefully he and the Chargers can continue their post season success into the regular season next year. With the emergence of Jackson and Chambers added to the regular dominance of Gates and Tomlinson?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

ya with LT and Gates hurt Jackson got a chance to show off what he could do and did nothing but impress me. pumped to see him next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                I think people were making a mountain out of a mole hill with the "antics" and "immature" talk. When Tom Brady talked smack against Anthony Smith no one said anything, but when Philip Rivers said something to Jay Cutler it was blown out of per portion.
                Different cirumstances. I see your point. But Brady got in Smith's face because he guaranteed a win against the Pats. Ive still yet to see why Rivers went off so hard on Cutler.

Comment

I still hate Phillip Rivers

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                  Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                    I still hate Phillip Rivers
                    yea im with you. you could praise a guy all you want, but his drop backs looked like **** it seemed like he couldnt always get into his throws. hey sometimes whats best for the team isnt you playin but the healthest, i think if Billy V played they might have won.....but thats just cause i like Billy V baby

Comment

I give him credit for playing through a tough injury, but he needs to stop the trash talking stuff. He hasn't done enough in my eyes to earn that right yet.

There's a difference from having fun (like Brett Favre does) and just talking trash. Heck, if Brett wanted to talk trash, I think he'd have earned that right.

Maybe Tom Brady too, as I know he'll talk a bit from time to time. At least he's earned the right to though. Of course, doesn't mean I have to like it.
                      (shameless self-promotion)
                      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Rivers plays much better when the adrenaline is flowing through him and he's talking trash, so I'll be upset if he ever tones it down.
                        aka KGB Chicken

Comment

yeah suddenly everybody always was a rivers homer for long time. .... phahaha

i dont like him very much and i didnt like his 5 stept drops , rollout right , side-arm overthrow to jackson or gates.

Comment

Congrats to the Chargers for an admirable season. And props to Rivers for playing through his injury.

Im still debating internally who is better, Rivers or Roethlisberger. I think long term its probably Rivers, because he does a much better job reading defenses. But his lack of arm strength really hurts him. Either way, he'll be a fine qb in this league.

Just cut down on the immaturity and he'll be fine. That draft class is shaping up to be the best qb draft class since i believe it was 83?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Congrats to the Chargers for an admirable season. And props to Rivers for playing through his injury.

Im still debating internally who is better, Rivers or Roethlisberger. I think long term its probably Rivers, because he does a much better job reading defenses. But his lack of arm strength really hurts him. Either way, he'll be a fine qb in this league.

Just cut down on the immaturity and he'll be fine. That draft class is shaping up to be the best qb draft class since i believe it was 83?
                              83 was the big one. Don't judge Rivers' arm strength on today, he couldn't plant so all his throws were entirely upper body. He still did fine. The kid can make all the throws when healthy, even though he doesn't have a cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                                83 was the big one. Don't judge Rivers' arm strength on today, he couldn't plant so all his throws were entirely upper body. He still did fine. The kid can make all the throws when healthy, even though he doesn't have a cannon.
                                Oh I know, Im just saying in general. He's going to be a fine qb. When I study quarterbacks, the first thing I study is how they read defenses. You cannot be elite in this league if you can't read defenses. Rivers does a good job with that. He'll be fine.

The one thing he has to improve on however is handling the blitz. That will come with time though. He's going to be a great qb.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information