• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carey to be first black referee in Super Bowl

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story?i...o&confirm=true

i glad to hear this hes my favriot ref

I'd be more amazed if he was the 1st ref who wasn't blind

Comment

Excellent. The Superbowl will be greatly enhanced by his arm flailing.

Comment

they should of got this guy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gAMtCCezpfU

Comment

Good stuff! More progress, always nice to see!
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
            Excellent. The Superbowl will be greatly enhanced by his arm flailing.
            I've always wondered about why he seems to try to keep the calls as suspenseful as possible, like he's holding back on announcing which team the penalty is against.

I'm not too thrilled about him reffing this game, he did a butcher job on the Saints/Texans game this year. It was not a pretty job by the refs at all, either on the field or in replay.

Comment

First black referee doing the Super Bowl? I certainly hope they don't make a big deal about that. Regardless of color, I think he is the best referee out there, so I'm happy he is doing the game.

Comment

If I were him, and this were how my name was mentioned, I'd be pretty pissed. Does anybody else find it odd that we still put up with this crap? I mean, whether the lines are drawn in a negative or positive spirit doesn't matter; the lines are still being drawn either way. Seems awful hypocritical. Seems like whenever the subject of race comes up in the media, most people fail to recognize how stupid we sound as a society. I was watching a big-stage event the other day, and couldn't believe what I was hearing from these people who presented themselves as highly-educated leaders. It was all "us" and "them" and all this nonsense that drew ignorantly enthusiastic applause.

Comment

This shouldn't even be a story. Carey was probably the most consistent and best ref this season (having watched a ton of games due to Sunday Ticket), and I think he earned it on merit. His skin color is irrelevant.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

If Journalist only wrote stuff that was important than atleast half of them would be out of the job. They need to find stuff to fill the pages, no matter how inconsequencial.
                    "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                      they should of got this guy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gAMtCCezpfU
                      Hahaha that's awesome
                      I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                        If I were him, and this were how my name was mentioned, I'd be pretty pissed. Does anybody else find it odd that we still put up with this crap? I mean, whether the lines are drawn in a negative or positive spirit doesn't matter; the lines are still being drawn either way. Seems awful hypocritical. Seems like whenever the subject of race comes up in the media, most people fail to recognize how stupid we sound as a society. I was watching a big-stage event the other day, and couldn't believe what I was hearing from these people who presented themselves as highly-educated leaders. It was all "us" and "them" and all this nonsense that drew ignorantly enthusiastic applause.
                        Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                        This shouldn't even be a story. Carey was probably the most consistent and best ref this season (having watched a ton of games due to Sunday Ticket), and I think he earned it on merit. His skin color is irrelevant.
                        I couldnt agree with both of you more.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoopid512 View Post
                          I've always wondered about why he seems to try to keep the calls as suspenseful as possible, like he's holding back on announcing which team the penalty is against.

I'm not too thrilled about him reffing this game, he did a butcher job on the Saints/Texans game this year. It was not a pretty job by the refs at all, either on the field or in replay.
                          he seems to dislike the saints ... many calls against our success!

Comment

whether it should be a story or not my hats off to him.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              The media will ALWAYS take over a situation and make it a racism theme when they can.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information