No announcement yet.

Alstott announces retirement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I am going to miss those goal line plows and dives. There is no doubt this guy is a first ballot HoF. And honestly after watching this video, this has to be one of the hardest players to tackle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6qP6...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by P01ntb1ank View Post
      Man I am going to miss those goal line plows and dives. There is no doubt this guy is a first ballot HoF. And honestly after watching this video, this has to be one of the hardest players to tackle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6qP6...eature=related
      i don't think he's first ballot at all. in fact, im not even sure if he's HOF worthy to begin with.

he wasn't a very good blocker at all. he was a glorified short yardage back. and considering a lot of FBs back in the day ran the ball and ran it effectively, coupled with the fact that its hard for FBs to get in, I question whether he's HOF worthy let alone first ballot.

good player, enjoyed watching him. but he's not a HOFer in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        i don't think he's first ballot at all. in fact, im not even sure if he's HOF worthy to begin with.

he wasn't a very good blocker at all. he was a glorified short yardage back. and considering a lot of FBs back in the day ran the ball and ran it effectively, coupled with the fact that its hard for FBs to get in, I question whether he's HOF worthy let alone first ballot.

i have to agree sadly i think hes a great person/player, but he wont goto the hall of fame unless he becomes a a great head coach, but hall of fame isnt everything, im gald he has a ring

if he makes it ill be happy for him but i cant see it for god sake art & dick are not in
        Last edited by The Legend; 01-25-2008, 12:41 AM.

Comment

I am not gonna lie when I say that I wont miss him plowing through our defense year after year.

But he is definitely a great FB. Not HoF worthy, but he was at the top of his position for a while.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

my favorite nickname is by Warrick Dunn

Mike "Touchdown Vulture" Alstott

Comment

he is one of the last of the running FBs. i loved watching the man play, he will be missed.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                he is one of the last of the running FBs. i loved watching the man play, he will be missed.

thats not fair you poster'd Bucannon when he was like 35 years old what did you really think would happen lol

Comment

I never liked him, was a jacked up RB trying to be a FB. Stole too many pro bowls from real FB's like Fred Beasley.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I don't think Alstott is a HOFer. But he was damn entertaining to watch and was a key player in turning the Bucs around.
                    "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                      No love for James "Teenage" Mouton "Ninja Turtles" or Todd "Which Hand Does He" Frohwirth?
                      I had never heard the Mouton Ninja Turtle before that is pretty good but still the Alstott was my fav nickname

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                        I never liked him, was a jacked up RB trying to be a FB. Stole too many pro bowls from real FB's like Fred Beasley.
                        he was a RB untill he lost a step then he played FB, so you not like him mean i dont like you lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Sorry but my homerism kicked in there. I mean I can only hope he makes the HoF but it has been very tough for FBs to get in.

Comment

I still remember him destroying the Minnesota Vikings' D in '98, helping a big underdog to defeat the then undefeated Vikings. He was the big reason the Vikings went 15-1.

Comment

And another illustrious career comes to an end...

Comment

Injuries caught up with him, and its sad to see him hang up the cleets.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information