2008 Free Agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Free Agency

Free Agency is about a month away. Who do you want your team to sign?

This year, for the 49ers, i think they should sign about 2 free agents

1. A Wide Receiver

The Candidates- Donte Stallworth, Isaac Bruce, Bernard Berrian

Stallworth and Bruce are speculation. I think Stallworth's contract is such that they can drop him 1 year after the deal. I think the pats would rather try to spend their money elsewhere. Both moss and samuel are FA's and im sure they will try to sign one of them at least. As for bruce, he is due a 2 million dollar roster bonus and i remember Schefter saying before the rams-steelers game he might get cut if that doesnt work out and go to detroit (Mike Martz). Now that Martz is in SF, it seems logical that he might follow his former coach.

2. Right Tackle

The Candidates- Stacy Andrews, Brandon Gorin, Max Starks

Of this bunch, i'd like to sign Andrews. He played well for the Bengals and it would allow us to cut Jonas Jennings. He's good when he's healthy, but he has missed 27 games the last 3 years. He has no trade value either, so its time to move on.

Ideally, my top choices are Stallworth (if available, if not then Berrian) and Andrews. It would fill two holes and help the 32nd ranked offense improve.

Which free agents do you want to sign?
    Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 01-30-2008, 09:37 AM.

Guards, Jake Scott or Ryan Lilja or Justin Smiley
    Corners, Domonique Foxworth or Drayton Florence
    Safety, Mike Doss or Ken Hamlin or Gibril Wilson
    Linebacker, Demorrio Williams or Boss Bailey

Ryan Lilja - Left Guard
    Drayton Florence - Nickle Corner
    Mike Doss - Free Safety
    Boss Bailey - Weak Side Linebacker

Comment

Bernard Berrian > Donte Stallworth

I would like Bernard.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I hope Oakland gets Bernard.Hed be a perfect target for Russell.Gibril Wilson would also be nice.
        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

I know everyone on the Jets forum is crazy about Stacy Andrews. He has monster size at 6'7 340ish and is a perfect RT prospect, but he still has plenty of athleticism and quickness to be able to pull as in OG in the running game. Additionally, he is relatively raw as I beleive his first year of organized football was his senior year of college.

I am going to bet good money he will get a large contract and i'm sure he is on top of the bengals offseason lists of things to do. I beleive that the jets could have a leg up on the other teams, because he was brought in prior to this season as an RFA and given the red carpet treatment. The same thing for Randall Gaay.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Marcus Trufant to the Ravens!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
              Guards, Jake Scott or Ryan Lilja or Justin Smiley
              Corners, Domonique Foxworth or Drayton Florence
              Safety, Mike Doss or Ken Hamlin or Gibril Wilson
              Linebacker, Demorrio Williams or Boss Bailey

Ryan Lilja - Left Guard
              Drayton Florence - Nickle Corner
              Mike Doss - Free Safety
              Boss Bailey - Weak Side Linebacker
              These two are very much Rick DeMulling v.2 and v.3, Howard Mudd, system developed guards. In saying that they aren't even really Rick DeMulling's because he was playing at a near probowl level when he was here. Combine this with the fact that the middle of our line was getting abused in the run game towards the end of the year and i really don't think these guys are near the commodities they're being advertised as.

I'd say Lions fans could let you know why you don't want to be one of the teams that will undoubtedly sign one of these two to a big contract.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                Marcus Trufant to the Ravens!
                HOPEFULLY!!!

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                  I hope Oakland gets Bernard.Hed be a perfect target for Russell.Gibril Wilson would also be nice.
                  Yes, I agree Berrian would fill the need of a deep playmaking threat on offense. Wilson would help ease Huffs transition to FS and give us a legit safety duo. :)

Comment

See the Giants staying out of FA mostly again, looking at a few veterans who won't break the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                      I'd say Lions fans could let you know why you don't want to be one of the teams that will undoubtedly sign one of these two to a big contract.
                      They might not be really big contracts though, as we've seen a number of guards get paid absurd money in free agency the last two years.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

For the Jaguars....

WR- Bernard Berrian, Devery Henderson, Andre Davis

DE- Jared Allen (if available), Terrell Suggs (if available), Justin Smith

Comment

I just want you all to note that you want Bernard Berrian. IF he's not franchised (and I still think he will be) he's not going to come cheap.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            I just want you all to note that you want Bernard Berrian. IF he's not franchised (and I still think he will be) he's not going to come cheap.
                            I think a lot will depend on this WR market. It looks like CJ and Roy Williams might be traded and if they are, it could either drive up his price because teams with salary cap freedom would prefer spending money on a FA rather than trading for one, or it could drive down his price due to the somewhat abundant market of WRs this offseason.

An interesting WR this FA offseason will be Bryant Johnson. Very underrated, but could get a nice deal from a team like Baltimore.

Originally posted by Halsey
                            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Defense and offensive line help for N'awlins' plz. kkthx
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information