Worst 1st Round Picks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saint Louis Rams:

2007: #13 Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska (Too early to tell but he should be a good future DT/DE)

2006: #15 Tye Hill, CB, Clemson (Hasn't really played a full season give him couple more years)

2005: #19 Alex Barron, OT, Florida State (Too many false starts, but hasn't really been injured and started every game this year)

2004: #24 Steven Jackson, RB, Oregon State (did you see the season he had in 06, more to come with this guy)

2003: #12 Jimmie Kennedy, DT, Penn State (not on the team anymore wasn't very productive, we gave him lots of chances, a waste of a 1st round pick)

2002: #31 Robert Thomas, LB, UCLA (only played 3 seasons in St. Louis wasn't a bad LB, had 164 tackles and 2 sacks in 3 years)

2001: #12 Damien Lewis, DT, Miami (Fla) (Not even on the team anymore never had a breakout year like he should have, just an average DT in the NFL)
    #20 Adam Archuleta, S, Arizona State (I loved him when he was in St. Louis, now he's in Chicago not doing that great should have never left the rams)
    #29 Ryan Pickett, DT, Ohio State (All 3 of these guys that we drafted 7 years ago are not even on the team anymore, Pickett never had the year he was projected he was a average DT just like Lewis

2000: #31 Trung Candidate, RB, Arizona (Fast player, Bad running back he's not even in the NFL)

1999: #6 Torry Holt, WR, North Carolina State (One of my all time favorite picks, will break all of Isaac Bruces records, a 5 time Pro Bowler)

Comment

Lions Mike Williams that was bad....

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Giants

2007 AARON ROSS (Awesome!!!!)

2006 MATHIAS KIWANUKA (Jury is still out and started to play better, but I think he sucks.)

2004 PHILIP RIVERS QB (Essentially Eli Manning who is a straight up balla.)

2003 WILLIAM JOSEPH DT (Booooooooooooooo)

2002 JEREMY SHOCKEY TE (Consistent Pro-Bowl and top-5 in the league at his position.)

2001 WILL ALLEN CB (Had so much potential, which went no where.)

2000 RON DAYNE RB (His name thunder actually referred to the loud noise of frustration from every Giants fan when he touched the ball.)

1999 LUKE PETITGOUT OT (He is better at getting penalties than blocking.)

1998 SHAUN WILLIAMS DB (This just gets depressing.)

1997 IKE HILLIARD WR (Always liked Ike, but not worth a top-10 pick.)

1996 CEDRIC JONES DE (This is where it keeps going downhill.)

1995 TYRONE WHEATLEY RB (And further downhill.)

1994 THOMAS LEWIS WR (Let's just not talk about this era of Giants football.)

1992 DEREK BROWN TE (I don't even like to believe we existed at the moment.)

1991 JARROD BUNCH RB (Yeah, Super Bowl!!!!! But booo, Bunch!!!!)

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Looking at all this...are the 1st Round Picks actually that important?

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
            Looking at all this...are the 1st Round Picks actually that important?
            The funny thing is that look at the improvement in recent years. I just think scouting departments have picked up their game recently with the increasing amount of technology around them. Better technology leads to better communication and thus better evaluation of prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post
              Saints

2007-Robert Meachem (Wasn't activated one game this year)
              2006-Reggie Bush (Can you say BUST?)
              2005-Jammal Brown (Overrated IMO)
              2004-Will Smith
              2003- **** Johnathan Sullivan
              2002-Donte' Stallworth/Charles Grant
              2001-Deuce McAllister
              2000-No Pick
              1999-Ricky Williams
              1998-Kyle Turley
              1997-Chris Naeole
              1996-Alex Molden
              1995-Mark Fields
              1994-Joe Johnson
              1993-William Roaf/Irv Smith
              1992-Vaughn Dunbar
              1991-No Pick
              Errr, yeah. Okay.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

yes first round picks are very important... Look at the Patriots and the Colts, two of the best teams in the league are also the best in the first round. Coincidence? Maybe... doubt it though.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Chiefs

2007 - Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU - Absolute monster this year 5 yards shy of 1,000 and set KC rookie recieveing record in yards and catches
                  2006 - Tamba Hali, DE, Penn St - had a dropoff in sacks from his rookie year but still a solid pick and caused a few forced fumbles
                  2005 - Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas - has gotten better each year a playmaker on this defense
                  2004 - no pick (we got Siavii and Kris Wilson in the 2nd.YUCK!!!!!)
                  2003 - Larry Johnson, RB, Penn St - a tremendous pick for Carl Peterson
                  2002 - Ryan Sims, DT, UNC - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                  2001 - no pick
                  2000 - Slyvester Morris, WR, Jackson St - started off well but was never the same after his knee injury
                  1999 - John Tait, OT, BYU -boy do Carl peterson and the Chiefs regret letting him leave with the state of the OL
                  1998 - Victor Riley, OG, Auburn - pardon me while I throw up
                  1997 - Tony Gonzalez, TE, California - arguably the best pick ever made in the Peterson regime with the exception of DT

Comment

The Buccaneers have had some dodgy ones but have also had a few good years.

2007: Gaines Adams

2006: Davin Joseph

2005: Cadillac Williams

2004: Michael Clayton

2003: Nobody

2002: Nobody

2001: Kenyatta Walker

2000: Nobody

1999: Booger McFarland

1998: Nobody

1997: Warrick Dunn

1996: Regan Upshaw/Marcus Jones

1995: Warren Sapp/Derrick Brooks - Great Year

1994: Trent Dilfer

1993: Eric Curry

1992: Nobody

Comment

I like what the Chiefs have done. Besides for Gonzalez, nothing really special, but not many busts.

Comment

how about the packers drafting Ahmad Carroll in 2004
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pooQi...eature=related

Comment

find me a team that has the best. 1st round picks are so hit or miss

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                            The funny thing is that look at the improvement in recent years. I just think scouting departments have picked up their game recently with the increasing amount of technology around them. Better technology leads to better communication and thus better evaluation of prospects.
                            That and i whole-heartedly beleive that early on talent scouts were just the low man on the totem pole who were waiting for a promotion, granted there were always some that loved their job and were good at it, but it seems that up until recently being head of talent scouting or whatever wasn't a glorious position.

Jaws always says it best whenever he's asked how people can be so far off when picking top QBs and if it is just a crapshoot; he said (roughyl) "No, it's not that difficult, but the people they have scouting these players are absolutely terrible and have no business scouting QBs. These people have never played quarterback and have no idea what to look for and they end up falling into the trap of looking at all the wrong things." I agree with Jaws almost unequivocally and i feel that sometimes a player could have all the tools in the world but just something mentally or emotioanlly goes wrong and it's ruined, but for the large part I do feel that some of these scouts look for the wrong things, because they don't have the feel for scouting. It seems as though some people just have an eye for talent and others don't.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Jets Win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98
                              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

For a while this was an easy answer, Cleveland. But Phil Savage came along and everything is all good.

1999-Tim Couch :(
                                2000-Courtney Brown :(
                                2001-Gerard Warren :( Yeah, let's pass on Seymour and LT
                                2002-William Green :(
                                2003-Jeff Faine :(
                                why do our drafts suck so bad all the time? This wasn't just he first round, but all the other rounds too.

...Then....hope
                                2004-Kellen Winslow :)
                                2005-Braylon Edwards :)
                                2006-Kamerion Wimbley :)
                                2007-Joe Thomas :)
                                2007-Brady Quinn......jury still out, but we're probably gonna trade him for a 1st rounder at least in the future, so it's an automatic success either way for us. :)

All is well.

...But historically the Jets are the kings of sucky first round picks. Kyle Brady or that fullback are the poster boys for this. Even when they draft an awesome player (Jonathan Vilma), they screw him up and find out a way to make him suck.
                                Last edited by keylime_5; 02-01-2008, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information