Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
    find me a team that has the best. 1st round picks are so hit or miss
    From memory, Indianpolis has been pretty good. Peyton Manning, Dwight Freeney, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, Edgerrin James, Marvin Harrison, Marlin Jackson, Marshall Faulk, Tarik Glenn, Corny Bennett.....and while they didn't keep him, the Colts did draft John Elway in the first round, remember?

Comment

Detroit and the Jets have had some pretty bad drafts.
      Last edited by Bills2083; 02-01-2008, 07:02 PM.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Bills have had a couple bad 1st round picks.

2007 - Marshawn Lynch - RB
        2006 - Donte Whitner - S
        2006 - John McCargo - DT
        2005 - Traded for JP Losman...
        2004 - Lee Evans - WR
        2004 - JP Losman - QB
        2003 - Willis McGahee - RB
        2002 - Mike Williams - OT
        2001 - Nate Clements - CB
        2000 - Erik Flowers - DE --Our 2000 draft has to be one of the worst in NFL History
        1999 - Antoine Winfield - CB
        1998 - N/A
        1997 - Antwoin Smith - RB
        1996 - Eric Moulds - WR
        1995 - Ruben Brown - OG
        1994 - Jeff Burris - DB
        1993 - Thomas Smith - CB
        1992 - John Fina

my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Ravens don't have very many 1st Round busts...but Travis Taylor & Kyle Boller are no doubt the worst first round picks ever, with Taylor being first and Boller coming in at second.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
            Bills have had a couple bad 1st round picks.

2007 - Marshawn Lynch - RB
            2006 - Donte Whitner - S
            2006 - John McCargo - DT
            2005 - Traded for JP Losman...
            2004 - Lee Evans - WR
            2004 - JP Losman - QB
            2003 - Willis McGahee - RB
            2002 - Mike Williams - OT
            2001 - Nate Clements - CB
            2000 - Erik Flowers - DE --Our 2000 draft has to be one of the worst in NFL History
            1999 - Antoine Winfield - CB
            1998 - N/A
            1997 - Antwoin Smith - RB
            1996 - Eric Moulds - WR
            1995 - Ruben Brown - OG
            1994 - Jeff Burris - DB
            1993 - Thomas Smith - CB
            1992 - John Fina
            not trying to rub it in but remember the bills traded their 1998 draft pick for Rob Johnson, ultimately giving the Jaguars Fred Taylor...greatest trade in the history of the draft!

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
              Ravens don't have very many 1st Round busts...but Travis Taylor & Kyle Boller are no doubt the worst first round picks ever, with Taylor being first and Boller coming in at second.
              true that ravens have had good 1st round success.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                not trying to rub it in but remember the bills traded their 1998 draft pick for Rob Johnson, ultimately giving the Jaguars Fred Taylor...greatest trade in the history of the draft!
                urrgh. we traded for him based on one game! ONE GAME!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                  Will all due respect gentleman, disregarding recent success at the top of the draft,The jets are and shall forever be the kings of ineptitude when it comes to the old first round picks...just look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Chris Berman's quote is priceless; "as a jets season ticket holder, I'm gonna Boo." Sorry jets fans, this is really hard to watch.
                  things have looked better as of lately, lets just forget about those bad days and hope that the current trend continues. The new management appears to have a clue, something that can't be said about back then

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Dallas 1st history is not bad when they actually have a 1st rounder.

Emmitt Smith
                    Russell Maryland
                    Alvin Harper
                    Greg Ellis
                    Ebenezer Ekuban
                    Roy Williams
                    Terrence Newman
                    DeMarcus Ware
                    Marcus Spears
                    Bobby Carpenter
                    Anthony Spencer.

The ones I was unsure of are David LaFluer, Shante Carver, Kevin Smith, and Robert Jones.

I have to admit Dallas has done a great job when they have had a 1st Rounder.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

pats was pretty mixed pre-belichick
                      1999 - damien woody (had some great seasons, but also struggles with injuries)
                      1999 - andy katzenmoyer (never showed much and had career ending injury)
                      1998 - robert edwards (very promising, then career ending injury)
                      1998 - tebucky jones (played on some super bowl teams, highly inconsistent)
                      1997 - chris canty (was never really anything special)
                      1996 - terry glenn (amazing rookie season, started flaking out, has had solid career since leaving NE)
                      1995 - ty law (still one of my all time fav pats, wish he could have played whole career here)
                      1994 - willie mcginest (see ty law description)
                      1993 - drew bledsoe (mixed bag, had success, then didn't, maybe would have been great if he could just get rid of the ball)
                      1992 - eugene chung (fairly sure he was a bust)

under parcells, we drafted 2 great players, and 2 very solid players that really never justified their picks. after parcells left, drafting wasn't very good. i'm not saying the pats have drafted the worst by any means, but you can see after all those busts how belichick wound up getting hired.
                      Let's get it done Spaziani.

Belichick might be an a-hole... but I'd rather have an a-hole that wins than one that doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                        urrgh. we traded for him based on one game! ONE GAME!!!!!!!
                        yea, that's whats great about it...!

Comment

Eugene Chung was the torch bearer for Asian-American NFL players until Dat Nguyen came along.

Comment

Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
                            Dallas 1st history is not bad when they actually have a 1st rounder.

Emmitt Smith
                            Russell Maryland
                            Alvin Harper
                            Greg Ellis
                            Ebenezer Ekuban
                            Roy Williams
                            Terrence Newman
                            DeMarcus Ware
                            Marcus Spears
                            Bobby Carpenter
                            Anthony Spencer.

The ones I was unsure of are David LaFluer, Shante Carver, Kevin Smith, and Robert Jones.

I have to admit Dallas has done a great job when they have had a 1st Rounder.
                            Kevin Smith was actually a very good CB for us during the early 90's. Starting during that 92-93 SB run. So I would say he was on the plus side when it came to first rounders. Robert Jones was also a a nice player from what I remember. Really fit that small but athletic LB that JJ liked. Started at MLB when Ken Norton left I believe, it was either him or Dixon Edwards.

Comment

Dallas is just as bad as most of these other teams:

1994 Shante Carver DE Best season was 6 sacks in 97.
                              1995 NO PICK
                              1996 NO PICK
                              1997 Dave LaFleur TE Best year was 1999 with over 300 receiving and 7 TDs. Out of the league 2 seasons later.
                              1998 Greg Ellis DE Isn't Randy Moss.
                              1999 Ebenezer Ekuban DE Worthless.
                              2000 NO PICK
                              2001 NO PICK
                              2002 Roy Williams S Instant impact but career has definitely trailed off. For his draft position, bust label may be appropriate.
                              2003 Terence Newman CB First good 1st rounder for Dallas in OVER A DECADE.
                              2004 NO PICK (Are you sensing a trend?)
                              2005 Demarcus Ware OLB / Marcus Spears DE I'd say 50/50 is still pretty good for a first round.
                              2006 Bobby Carpenter OLB It's early, but not looking good for Carp.
                              2007 Anthony Spencer OLB Early, but has shown flashes.

It's a wonder we're competitive at all really.

Comment

Oaklands drafts havent been anything special but they arent the worst.

07 JaMarcus Russell to early to tell.

06 Micheal Huff has done an excellent job covering great TEs.

05 Fabian Washington hasnt been great.Had a good year in 06 but bad year in 07.

04 Robert Gallery coaching has really hurt him.but he never was the LT we hoped for him to be.makes a good G though.

03 Nnamdi Asomugha great pick.easily one of the top 3 corners in the league.
                                Tyler Brayton.Never did anything except knee Jeremy Stevens in the groin.which unsuprisingly didnt hurt Stevens at all.

02 Phillip Buchannon didnt do much and was traded.
                                Napoleon Harris was solid but nothing special.traded.

01 Derrick Gibson absolutely abismal pick.watching him was very,very painful.

00 Seabass we really didnt need to use a 1st rounder on this guy.Hes terribly inconsistent.but hes still on the team oddly enough.
                                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information