Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Patriots filmed Rams walthrough Before Super Bowl XXVI.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Handel View Post
    Yeah right....

It is just awesome it is released....today

You can kick everyone out during walkthroughs, so if the rams were stupid enough to allow access they were asking for it. That's not suggesting NE actually filmed them, just that it's something easily prevented.
    Yes, they would be stupid for allowing it to happen but I wouldn't say they would be asking for it. It's illegal any way you put it so nobody is ever really asking for it.

Comment

Good luck now Giants. Seriuously, as a Rams fan, I could give a flying ****. U see football, is a game of execution, and the Patriots executed better than us, and if the Rams cared, maybe they shoulda been looking for a Patriot person. I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Handel View Post
        Yeah right....

It is just awesome it is released....today

You can kick everyone out during walkthroughs, so if the rams were stupid enough to allow access they were asking for it. That's not suggesting NE actually filmed them, just that it's something easily prevented.
        That's the wrong way to look at it. I mean its like your saying its okay to do something illegal because its the victim's responsibility to catch you, not your responsibility to say "hey this is wrong..."
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Bye bye 7th overall pick?
          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
            Bye bye 7th overall pick?
            They couldn't take that one away from them. It's not like the alledged taping of this walkthrough had any effect on the Patriots draft day trade with the 49ers 6 years later . . . that would start screwing up even more things in the NFL. Would the 49ers then need to forfeit Joe Staley? haha
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

At the absolute worst, and this probably won't happen, they will be stripped of the Super Bowl, similar to the NCAA. My guess is that there will be a fine and a probationary period where if the Pats are caught doing something wrong again, then there will be serious consequences.

Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                They couldn't take that one away from them. It's not like the alledged taping of this walkthrough had any effect on the Patriots draft day trade with the 49ers 6 years later . . . that would start screwing up even more things in the NFL. Would the 49ers then need to forfeit Joe Staley? haha
                Yeah, I dont think so either. Its so far in the past. You could fine the organization and Belichik maybe. Theoritically you could strip the Patriots of their championship that year but the likelihood of that is between slim and none

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                  At the absolute worst, and this probably won't happen, they will be stripped of the Super Bowl, similar to the NCAA. My guess is that there will be a fine and a probationary period where if the Pats are caught doing something wrong again, then there will be serious consequences.

Like what? Contraction from the league? haha

The NFL would never strip a team of a Super Bowl unless it was determined that something more blatent had occured to directly effect the game as it was being played. The NFL has a proud history, they don't want a blip in their history books like the taking away of a Super Bowl.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                    blah blah blah, who cares? That was so long ago.
                    quoted for truth!

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                    <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                    <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

And honestly, if the Rams organization doesn't make an issue of this . . . does it really matter? It'll be interesting to see if they make a comment . . .
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Like what? Contraction from the league? haha

The NFL would never strip a team of a Super Bowl unless it was determined that something more blatent had occured to directly effect the game as it was being played. The NFL has a proud history, they don't want a blip in their history books like the taking away of a Super Bowl.
                        No, you are right that that will never happen, but taking away a team's entire draft picks would be a pretty bad consequence.

Originally posted by Halsey
                        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

And honestly, if the Rams organization doesn't make an issue of this . . . does it really matter? It'll be interesting to see if they make a comment . . .
                          Here it is, WE DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                            Here it is, WE DON'T CARE!
                            I already knew you wouldn't care, yoda . . . you only care about one thing . . .
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Great. Like the Pats needed more motivation. Ugh. Hopefully they start pressing when they try to "run up the score" against us, and it plays into our own hands.

*crosses fingers*

BTW, if this is true, this is a huge blow to the reputation of that dynasty. Im not going to overreact, im going to wait and see what is made of all this before I jump to conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                                blah blah blah, who cares? That was so long ago.
                                That makes it right?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                                Originally posted by Borat
                                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information