Before the hype starts...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before the hype starts...

Congratulations to the Giants. I wasnt rooting for you guys but halfway through i said screw it, they are a rival team but if they win props to them. Part of it was because they still were rocking 21 and the pats took it off after the first week which offended me. But I give the Giants whole team credit they made it a great game and pulled off the upset. The eli escape play was epic and i will always rememeber that. That being said lets get some things straight.

- Tom Brady is still better than your teams qb. The dude had a bad game finally, lets stop with the bs that hes overhyped.
    - Eli Manning is not a top Qb yet. Sure he proved himself in the playoffs but these things happen sometimes. Not sayin he wont get better, but he is not in the top 5 yet at all.
    - Giants fans revel in it but please stop acting like u wanted Cofflin to stay and please stop acting like u had Eli's back since day 1. Ur a liar if u say otherwise. Most of u woulda said shockey was the problem but if u lost he woulda been a reason u didnt win.

other than that, good job and well deserved
    Last edited by 703SKINS202; 02-04-2008, 12:45 AM.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

For the first point, not if you're a Colts fan. It's not just a bad game, he didn't deliver in the Superbowl, which is what built his reputation in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
      For the first point, not if you're a Colts fan. It's not just a bad game, he didn't deliver in the Superbowl, which is what built his reputation in the first place.
      true, but he got them to 4 in 7 years and delivered in 3 > other qb's

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

As if Peyton Manning has been anywhere close to Tom Brady when it comes to post-season performance...

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
          true, but he got them to 4 in 7 years and delivered in 3 > other qb's
          Tom Brady had a fantastic situation fall in his lap. He inherited a great team. Peyton took a bad team in the Colts and brought them to the level of perennial powerhouse. Brady did a good job in the other three but gets too much credit for the first two. Don't forget it was Vinatieri who closed those out.

Comment

Congratulations to the Giants. I wasnt rooting for you guys but halfway through i said screw it, they are a rival team but if they win props to them. Part of it was because they still were rocking 21 and the pats took it off after the first week which offended me. But I give the Giants whole team credit they made it a great game and pulled off the upset. The eli escape play was epic and i will always rememeber that. That being said lets get some things straight.

- Tom Brady is still better than your teams qb. The dude had a bad game finally, lets stop with the bs that hes overhyped.
            - Eli Manning is not a top Qb yet. Sure he proved himself in the playoffs but these things happen sometimes. Not sayin he wont get better, but he is not in the top 5 yet at all.
            - Giants fans revel in it but please stop acting like u wanted Cofflin to stay and please stop acting like u had Eli's back since day 1. Ur a liar if u say otherwise. Most of u woulda said shockey was the problem but if u lost he woulda been a reason u didnt win.

other than that, good job and well deserved
            You are coming across as bitter. Can you please just save it for a week please? I mean, come on. We just got to watch arguably the best Super Bowl of all time and you are trying to pick out the negatives?

Not once have I ever wanted Coughlin fired and not once have I ever gotten off Eli's bandwagon. Ironically, I said I was going to wait until AFTER THE 2007 SEASON to rank the 2004 QB class. Ironic, huh?

Never have and never will say Shockey is a problem, he will be back next year and I want it that way, no question about it. But for real dude, keep this crap away and let the Giants fans bask in the glory because we took more crap from this board than deserved.
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

I disagree with you with a couple of things. Keep in mind this is merely my opinion.

First off, Tom Brady I thought made some pretty good decisions. Now whether his injury was effecting his play, I don't know. However, I do believe that he stood his ground firm and did his job quite well considering that the Giants were able to dominate the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball and get pressure. When a team gets pressure on you it doesn't matter who you are. Doesn't matter if you're Montana, Brady, Bradshaw, P. Manning, Marino, etc. You're going to look very ordinary. But then again, you could have been advocating that he had a bad game in the "team" aspect. As in he didn't play well because his team didn't. So I could be misunderstanding where you're coming from.

On another note, Eli Manning may not be a top quarterback in the opinionated "top five" category, but you don't need a top five quarterback to win the Super Bowl. It's a team sport, and it takes a team to win it all. So him not being with the likes of Brees, McNabb, Palmer, Brady, P. Manning, Romo, Favre, etc. is really insignificant in my mind. He's played lights out in the postseason and he's a world champion. A feat that more than half those guys I just listed haven't even accomplished yet. Just don't think it's that big of a deal. He plays well for the most part.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                You are coming across as bitter. Can you please just save it for a week please? I mean, come on. We just got to watch arguably the best Super Bowl of all time and you are trying to pick out the negatives?

Not once have I ever wanted Coughlin fired and not once have I ever gotten off Eli's bandwagon. Ironically, I said I was going to wait until AFTER THE 2007 SEASON to rank the 2004 QB class. Ironic, huh?

Never have and never will say Shockey is a problem, he will be back next year and I want it that way, no question about it. But for real dude, keep this crap away and let the Giants fans bask in the glory because we took more crap from this board than deserved.
                it might come across as bitter but the truth is i just hate people who are hypocratic when it comes to their teams, im not attackin the giants just the idiots on here who are defining this game as the past 5 and next 5 years of the nfl its idiotic, brady is great, eli isnt yet and of course everyone now loves eli and cofflin, read the damn thing

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

Tom Brady had a fantastic situation fall in his lap. He inherited a great team. Peyton took a bad team in the Colts and brought them to the level of perennial powerhouse. Brady did a good job in the other three but gets too much credit for the first two. Don't forget it was Vinatieri who closed those out.
                  I disagree to an extent. The 2001 Patriots weren't full of superstars by any stretch of the imagination. They just worked really well together. If you're advocating what I just said, that they worked well together, then I understand what you're saying. But a lot of the guys they had on their roster weren't household names.

Comment

Eli Manning had a heroic performance and lifted due to the game's enormity.

I've been one of his biggest defenders and I hope to see him continue his great play into the next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                      I disagree with you with a couple of things. Keep in mind this is merely my opinion.

First off, Tom Brady I thought made some pretty good decisions. Now whether his injury was effecting his play, I don't know. However, I do believe that he stood his ground firm and did his job quite well considering that the Giants were able to dominate the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball and get pressure. When a team gets pressure on you it doesn't matter who you are. Doesn't matter if you're Montana, Brady, Bradshaw, P. Manning, Marino, etc. You're going to look very ordinary. But then again, you could have been advocating that he had a bad game in the "team" aspect. As in he didn't play well because his team didn't. So I could be misunderstanding where you're coming from.

On another note, Eli Manning may not be a top quarterback in the opinionated "top five" category, but you don't need a top five quarterback to win the Super Bowl. It's a team sport, and it takes a team to win it all. So him not being with the likes of Brees, McNabb, Palmer, Brady, P. Manning, Romo, Favre, etc. is really insignificant in my mind. He's played lights out in the postseason and he's a world champion. A feat that more than half those guys I just listed haven't even accomplished yet. Just don't think it's that big of a deal. He plays well for the most part.

im defending brady, it wasnt his fault but he also didnt have his best game... u r misunderstanding a little and yes eli of course had to be good to win and he has the ring now but some people now put him in the top 3 on these boards and im sorry but im not having that yet

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

Well yo gotta give Eli props, yea he had an up and down regular season and all that, but when it counted he came through, and this whole post season he played on the road and played well...mistake free football for the most part, came up with huge plays in general...

But this is the classic example of why you dont jump to conclusions on a guy so soon, most guys have to fail before they have this type of post season, happened with both mannings...

And im not sure what "crap" Giants fans took on this board, thats going a little overboard, no one was given a chance to beat the pats this year, this isnt the first game, after the first month the pats were expected to run through everyone...winnng the superbowl is justification and glory enough

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                          I disagree to an extent. The 2001 Patriots weren't full of superstars by any stretch of the imagination. They just worked really well together. If you're advocating what I just said, that they worked well together, then I understand what you're saying. But a lot of the guys they had on their roster weren't household names.
                          However a team wins games doesn't matter as long as they do, and in that sense they were a very good team. Peyton turned a bad team into a good one, so its no surprise they haven't been to as many Superbowls is it? Although they weren't considered it at the time there were quite a few later to be recognized stars. Bruschi for example. Ty Law in his prime was no slouch either.

Comment

im defending brady, it wasnt his fault but he also didnt have his best game... u r misunderstanding a little and yes eli of course had to be good to win and he has the ring now but some people now put him in the top 3 on these boards and im sorry but im not having that yet
                            Well your opinion on Eli is completely subjective. As is everyone's. As for Brady, I think I understood what you said, because at the end of one of my paragraphs I told you "But then again, you could have been advocating that he had a bad game in the "team" aspect." You did say he had a bad game correct? I'm not knocking on Brady either. He's a very good player. Nor am I advocating that you're saying it's his fault totally. Which is why I stated the quote of my previous post I just gave you. ^.^

Comment

Wait who is actually putting Eli in the top 3? I wonder if Jason Campbell did what Eli just did these past 4 games...what your view would be. Would you create a thread like this?
                              Originally posted by Paul
                              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information