No announcement yet.

Gregg Williams hired as Jags DC...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ultimately Del Rio has the final say so but I believe he will let Williams run the defense seeing how Williams is the most accomplished coach he's ever had on staff...

Comment

Very nice pick up.

Comment

Congratulations Jaguars fans. You've hired an excellent defensive coordinator.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
          Thank you. I payed for his flight over ;)

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/redskins/

Washington Times has said it's not a done deal yet, and he could look to see if NY opens up.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
              http://video1.washingtontimes.com/redskins/

Washington Times has said it's not a done deal yet, and he could look to see if NY opens up.
              Look below it. They edited it to say that it had been confirmed that he was signed.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Good hire, that defense will be solid

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Del Rio is a pretty aggressive guy in my opinion, at least he was in Carolina where they had a huge amount of sacks without any really stellar players other than Fields.

Comment

yea, Del Rio is an aggressive coach who likes aggressive players...I tend to think he's more aggressive on offense...with that said, I do think we will see some more aggressive players added to the roster in the offseason...

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                      I dont know about all that
                      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                        I dont know about all that
                        well...explain?

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                          Del Rio is a pretty aggressive guy in my opinion, at least he was in Carolina where they had a huge amount of sacks without any really stellar players other than Fields.
                          Del Rio has never been super aggressive on defense. that Carolina defense generally go pressure from he front four: Ruckers, Peppers, and Jenkins.

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                            well...explain?

Well he sure did piss me off alot with his non blitzin ass and his 10 yard kushin
                            RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                              Well he sure did piss me off alot with his non blitzin ass and his 10 yard kushin
                              do you think that's more due to the personnel Williams had to work with...he didn't exactly have stud linebackers and a big front four....

Comment

I have not been a fan of gregg williams since he lost his confidence in the blitz. He would sit on our leads rather than being aggressive and going for the kill... though gibbs may have had some influence on some of that. He absolutely lost us games... and embarrassed us with the worst defensive performance i have ever seen against the patriots. Anyway jags fans are probably defending him and touting his o5 season.. and maybe with a DL worth talking about he'll do well. But if he calls it the way the way he did this season (cover two, cover two cover two, prevent) and lets peyton manning pick his secondary apart twice a year, i don't think it will be a long stay. But maybe he reverts back to his old ways... all the same, i don't think it's a match made in heaven per say, but it's not terrible either.
                                Last edited by McBain; 02-06-2008, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information