No announcement yet.

Why delay it? Eli vs. Ben vs. Rivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The homer inside me wants to pick Roethlisberger but the non-homer has to go with Big Ben.

Originally posted by bsaza2358
    For all the entertainment I have offered, she'd better be getting me some fellatio and a cup of coffee...

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
      Ben at his worst is worse than Eli at his worse.
      I don't know about that. I don't recall Ben throwing 3 TD passes, to another team. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
        I don't know about that. I don't recall Ben throwing 3 TD passes, to another team. I could be wrong though.
        So what a defender does with the ball in his hands after an INT is the basis of your opinion?

You'll get far with that one.
        Originally posted by Paul
        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

I find it amusing that Eli was being touted as a bust by many on this board and now is considered better than Ben despite throwing for 9 less touchdowns and 9 more INTs this season. His passer rating this season was 73.9 compared to Bens 104.1. Due to Willies low YPC, Ben had to be called on to pick up first downs, which he did on 41.6% of his passes, tops in the league followed by Brady, Romo, Peyton Manning, Garrard. Eli was 31.2% of all throws, behind Griese and in front of Trent Edwards, #28 overall.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

So what a defender does with the ball in his hands after an INT is the basis of your opinion?

Well, I could say 4 INTs, 3 of which were TDs. Certainty not putting your team in a position to win that game.

We can pull up some stats of all their careers. But I know that won't satisfy a lot of people.

Comment

Ben is the better tackler... (AFC game vs Indy) sarcasm

Seriously though, I dont like any of 'em, but If I were to rank them it would go

1. Big Ben
              2. Eli
              3. Rivers

Comment

I love Eli (See sig) but Big Ben is the best of the 3.

Comment

Oh I will. Just wanted to see some of you accuse me of you know what.

Wait until you see my opinion next time.
                  This is going to be fun......

I might take your opinion somewhat seriously if you weren't a pompous jackass in your responses.

Comment

I am going to have to agree with most people on here that because Eli HELPED the Giants win this Superbowl all you Giant fans are getting a hard on for your boy Eli. He isn't as good as Big Ben. He isn't close to as good as Big Ben. What could you possibly use as argument for that?? Eli has won a Superbowl?? Well Big Ben is the youngest QB to ever win a Superbowl?? Eli was the 5th seed and went on the road during the playoffs to get to the Superbowl?? Check that one off for Ben as well except add a seed. Ben might not have helped win the Superbowl but he didn't lose it and sure as hell was the reason we were there. This argument is getting ridiculous. Its been Big Ben since his rookie season. Get over it. It's not like you have a bad QB, you just don't have one as good as the Steelers. You still have a ring though. So enjoy it.

Originally posted by bsaza2358
                    For all the entertainment I have offered, she'd better be getting me some fellatio and a cup of coffee...

Comment

Originally posted by skiinginNJ View Post
                      yea and a #1 reciever on one leg, no #3 reciever, a #2 who had a case fo the yips, a RB who couldnt stay healthy, a TE that was used only as a decoy, a LT who struggled with allowing sacks and a LG who shouldnt have been a starter.

not to mention that the giants lead the nfl in drops

and thats not even touching the scheme
                      I would say Steve Smith is a pretty good and more Reliable WR than Nate Washington.

Amani Toomer = Hines Ward
                      Plax > Holmes at this point.

You want to talk about OL?

Ben was sacked 47 Times on 404 attempts..

Eli was sacked 27 times on 529 attempts.

Ben has been sacked 93 times the past 2 years, Eli? 52.

I don't think OL should go in Bens Favor.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
                        I find it amusing that Eli was being touted as a bust by many on this board and now is considered better than Ben despite throwing for 9 less touchdowns and 9 more INTs this season. His passer rating this season was 73.9 compared to Bens 104.1. Due to Willies low YPC, Ben had to be called on to pick up first downs, which he did on 41.6% of his passes, tops in the league followed by Brady, Romo, Peyton Manning, Garrard. Eli was 31.2% of all throws, behind Griese and in front of Trent Edwards, #28 overall.
                        So if that is the basis...which is what the notion you are letting out....do you think Eli is worse then Griese and barely better than Edwards?
                        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                          I would say Steve Smith is a pretty good and more Reliable WR than Nate Washington.

A lot of times I notice Ben takes sacks from holding onto the ball too long. And if a Giants fan said Amani Toomer = Hines Ward in the middle of this season, we would have caught crap.

Comment

My opinion has been pretty much the same since last year -

1) Ben
                            2) Rivers
                            3) Eli

Eli Manning has to put together a quality 16 game season before he moves up out of the basement of the 04 QB rankings. He had a great playoff run, worthy of praise, but so did Jake Delhomme for example in the 03-04 playoffs.
                            aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              I might take your opinion somewhat seriously if you weren't a pompous jackass in your responses.
                              Oh chill out I'm trying to lighten the mood....it's early and you'll see how serious this gets in a week.
                              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

steve smith missed a majority of the time in the regular season. he played in 5 games, 3 of which he had 1 catch or less

burress played all year on a torn ankle ligament and was severly impacted by it for a while.

toomer equal to ward? maybe in his prime

yea theres a large discrepency in the sack numbers, but the fact that big ben holds on to the ball way to long might have something to do with that

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information