Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitzgerald offered contract, figures not released...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitzgerald offered contract, figures not released...

Do you guys still think its a chance he could be released or traded, he's making over 15 million the next two years, thats pretty damn high...

The Cardinals have made their preliminary contract offer to Larry Fitzgerald.

At six years, it'll probably have to be in the $50 million range to get Fitz to bite. At seven years, $60 million. Fitzgerald has extreme leverage with Arizona on the hook for his remaining base salaries of $14.592 million (2008) and $17.355 million (2009). The Cards' only way of avoiding those payments is by trading, releasing, or signing the 24-year-old Pro Bowler to a new deal.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Isn't it sick that he is only 24 years old? At a position with a long-age life, that is just absurd. It might sound like blasphemy, but just imagine what the Cards could get for Fitz if they were to trade him. He is easily worth a top-15 pick in the draft.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I think Fitz will decline the deal, and then be traded.
      Then, he will work out a long-term deal with that team.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
        I think Fitz will decline the deal, and then be traded.
        Then, he will work out a long-term deal with that team.
        What would lead you to believe that, he wants to be in Arizona and has said so multiple times, even if they don't extend him this year we still have 30 mil left in cap space, plus his asking price would be ridiculous, something like 2 1sts and a quality player

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
          What would lead you to believe that, he wants to be in Arizona and has said so multiple times, even if they don't extend him this year we still have 30 mil left in cap space, plus his asking price would be ridiculous, something like 2 1sts and a quality player
          I don't want to criticize because I do think he will be resigned, but the Cards have 30 mil in cap space every year because the penny-pinching owner never spends a dime. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
            two 1st and a player?? He would get released before somebody gave that up

Comment

I doubt the Cards fail to re-sign him, and if they don't they'll get some team to put down a hefty price for him. 24 years old, that athletic... no way he goes cheap.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Fitz is a monster. I'd honestly like to see him go to a place like the Eagles so he can put up better stats, and I'd get to watch him more often.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                  Fitz is a monster. I'd honestly like to see him go to a place like the Eagles so he can put up better stats, and I'd get to watch him more often.
                  I can't say I disagree.

Comment

id give the #8 overall and mark clayton for him in a heartbeat, hell you cna have steve mcnair too not that hes worth anything i just dont want ihm anymore lol
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      two 1st and a player?? He would get released before somebody gave that up
                      I'll give up two firsts and a combination of Ashlie Lelie and Darrell Jackson any day of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by no love View Post
                        I'll give up two firsts and a combination of Ashlie Lelie and Darrell Jackson any day of the month.

im sure you and alot of other fans would be willing to do that for their team, but will an owner be willing to do that for one player is another question...It would have to be a team that really didnt have too many needs because thats alot to give up for one guy

Comment

Does the idea that Dallas could give up two first rounders for the Fitz make sense to anyone but me?
                          Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                          Dave is right
                          Originally posted by duckseason
                          Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.

Comment

Better stats? He just put up 1,400 yds and 10 TD's this year. lol

He won't be traded. If it comes down to it, the Cardinals have enough cap space to eat that 14mil and STILL tag Dansby.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                              Does the idea that Dallas could give up two first rounders for the Fitz make sense to anyone but me?
                              If Jerry is going to give up his 2 1st rounders it will be to get D-MAC thats who he wants. I dont think T.O would be to happy with anyone else taken anymore of his balls anyway.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information