Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 NFL quarterbacks(All-time)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    favre should be higher than manning

    Comment


    • #17
      my list

      1. Otto Graham
      2. Joe Montana
      3. Brett Favre
      4. Dan Marino
      5. John Elway
      6. Sammy Baugh
      7. Peyton Manning
      8. Tom Brady
      9. Johnny Unitas
      10. Roger Staubach

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...rterbacks.html

        What are your thoughts about the list?
        Typical. [sarcasm]I'm absolutely shocked they have Tom Brady ranked as highly as they do.[/sarcasm]


        The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

        If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

        <Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

        Comment


        • #19
          I think that is a horrible list. Bart Starr was a game manager. He was very good at that, but he didn't strike fear into opposing teams. That was Jim Taylor and Paul Hornungs job. As great as Steve Young was, his career was too short, and he had only 3 complete seasons. I can't justify putting him in the top 10 for that reason.

          I don't like comparing pre-1978 qbs to post 1978 qbs because of the rule changes, but if I had to make a top 10 list it would be(I only use having a ring to break a tie, otherwise it doesn't matter too much):
          1) Johnny U-Simply put, the GOAT. Plus his middle name is Constantine.
          2) John Elway-No one has done more with less
          3) Brett Favre-Has all the records and had very little to work with
          4) Dan Marino-Favre and Marino are neck and neck, Favre has the records now, but he does have 1 int a year more than Marino(on average).
          5) Sammy Baugh-All I know about Baugh is what I have read and heard people talk about. He pretty much invented the modern pass game.
          6) Joe Montana- I know, I know, many people will disagree with this. However, Steve Young came in and did just as good, if not better when Montana got hurt. Could the team have made Montana that much better? I think so.
          7) YA Tittle- Again, another person I only know from reading and hearing about him. He had incredible stats for the time he played. He had back to back seasons with 30+ TDs. If he played longer, we may be talking about him being the GOAT instead of Unitas.
          8) Fran Tarkenton- The best scrambling QB in NFL history. He just made plays. He had the records until Marino came along.
          9) Peyton Manning- The best QB since 2000. Tom Brady may give him a run for his money before all is said and done, but right now, Peyton is ahead. Very likely he will move up. I expect him to be #1 by the end of his career.
          10) Otto Graham- I would put him higher, but too much of his career was in the AAFC.
          Honorable mentions: Tom Brady, Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, Steve Young, Sonny Jurgeson, Warren Moon.
          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
          Hunter S. Thompson

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by someone447 View Post
            6) Joe Montana- I know, I know, many people will disagree with this. However, Steve Young came in and did just as good, if not better when Montana got hurt. Could the team have made Montana that much better? I think so.
            Actually Steve Young struggled a lot when he first came in. And that was with guys like Taylor, Rice, Jones, Craig, and everyone else around him. In the later years, Young had a lot of help around him. Rice for his entire career. Taylor for a good amount of it. Jones as well. Hearst, Watters, Owens, the list goes on. Montana, in his first few years on the offense, didn't really have as much. Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon weren't marvels, but they got the job done. Same thing with guys like Russ Francis. And the running game wasn't that special until about 87. When Craig didn't play fullback anymore due to the presence of Rathman sustaining that position.

            "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Ness View Post
              Actually Steve Young struggled a lot when he first came in. And that was with guys like Taylor, Rice, Jones, Craig, and everyone else around him. In the later years, Young had a lot of help around him. Rice for his entire career. Taylor for a good amount of it. Jones as well. Hearst, Watters, Owens, the list goes on. Montana, in his first few years on the offense, didn't really have as much. Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon weren't marvels, but they got the job done. Same thing with guys like Russ Francis. And the running game wasn't that special until about 87. When Craig didn't play fullback anymore due to the presence of Rathman sustaining that position.
              Young couldn't have struggled that much when he first came in for Montana.
              2500 yards in 10 starts. 17 tds 8 ints

              I love Montana, he is my second favorite QB(behind Lord Favre) I just think he is slightly overrated. I almost had him at 5. Montana and Baugh could switch places on my list. Plus he is just a hair below Favre and Marino.
              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
              Hunter S. Thompson

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
                favre should be higher than manning
                Manning is pretty much the best QB of all time.

                Statistically at this time in his career there's never been anyone equal and there's now no team and no game and no active coach he's never beaten.

                I'll get flamed for this but whatever. Anything just about anything any QB you can name all time can do Manning can do better, except scramble.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                  Manning is pretty much the best QB of all time.

                  Statistically at this time in his career there's never been anyone equal and there's now no team and no game and no active coach he's never beaten.

                  I'll get flamed for this but whatever. Anything just about anything any QB you can name all time can do Manning can do better, except scramble.
                  Can Manning create something out of nothing like Favre and Elway?

                  I think Manning will be the GOAT when all is said and done, he just isn't there yet.
                  I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                  Hunter S. Thompson

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                    Manning is pretty much the best QB of all time.

                    Statistically at this time in his career there's never been anyone equal and there's now no team and no game and no active coach he's never beaten.

                    I'll get flamed for this but whatever. Anything just about anything any QB you can name all time can do Manning can do better, except scramble.
                    Ok, how about 'elevate his performance come playoff time'?

                    Peyton, even in 06-07, has struggled in the post season. He had a good Superbowl, sure, but if it weren't for his D and running game finally stepping up that playoffs, it would have been another early exit.

                    EDIT: And as the above post says, Peyton can look lost when plays break down and his system is rattled, which is often seems to be in playoffs matches as other team's step it up a notch scheme wise. He hasn't shown that clutch, something-out-of-nothing ability you see with so many greats. Peyton is definitely one of the best, but he's a different kind, relying more on intelligence than 'it'. If Peyton wasn't the game's biggest student, he'd probably be mediocre.
                    Last edited by OzTitan; 02-11-2008, 05:59 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                      Young couldn't have struggled that much when he first came in for Montana.
                      2500 yards in 10 starts. 17 tds 8 ints

                      I love Montana, he is my second favorite QB(behind Lord Favre) I just think he is slightly overrated. I almost had him at 5. Montana and Baugh could switch places on my list. Plus he is just a hair below Favre and Marino.
                      Errmmm...it was pretty bad. Especially in 88. If it wasn't for those players around him, he may have not had his "good days" when he had the chance to shine.

                      As for Montana, I really don't care where you rank him, I just disagreed with your initial statement.

                      "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Ness View Post
                        Errmmm...it was pretty bad. Especially in 88. If it wasn't for those players around him, he may have not had his "good days" when he had the chance to shine.

                        As for Montana, I really don't care where you rank him, I just disagreed with your initial statement.
                        I was talking about when Young took over for Montana in '91. When he actually started games, not when he averaged less than 10 passes a game.
                        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                        Hunter S. Thompson

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                          I was talking about when Young took over for Montana in '91. When he actually started games, not when he averaged less than 10 passes a game.
                          Your argument for Montana not being the best of all-time is that Steve Young....another one of the best QB's of all time......also did well with the same team....

                          Brilliant!

                          I could understand if it was Trent Dilfer coming in...but this is Steve freakin Young....

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                            Your argument for Montana not being the best of all-time is that Steve Young....another one of the best QB's of all time......also did well with the same team....

                            Brilliant!

                            I could understand if it was Trent Dilfer coming in...but this is Steve freakin Young....
                            I am arguing that both of them are overrated.
                            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                            Hunter S. Thompson

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Johnny Unitas #6?

                              Bbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllshit.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                To have Brady at 5 over the likes of Steve Young and company is an insult...Johnny U...I think they were just assuming a win for him on Superbowl Sunday...which he didn't get. And where's Bradshaw? This list is bogus.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information