Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raiders Re-up Fargas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raiders Re-up Fargas

    Fargas has been rewarded with a new contract. According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, it's a three-year, $12 million deal with $6 million in guaranteed money

    Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

    WHO DAT

  • #2
    thread about this on Draft Forum but this is a good sign for raiders. Think fargas can be feature back and excel too.

    Comment


    • #3
      Now I except Grant to get around the same amount from us. Steal signing for the Raiders, if he doesn't plan out he still isn't hurting them.

      Comment


      • #4
        Raiders re-sign RB Fargas

        Good move.

        Comment


        • #5
          I really like the steal. I kinda wanted to draft DMAC though.


          Thanks to jackalope

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
            I really like the steal. I kinda wanted to draft DMAC though.
            I still they could. Fargas and DMac would be a nice tandem, IMO.



            Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
              I still they could. Fargas and DMac would be a nice tandem, IMO.
              I agree you can never have to many good RB's.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                I still they could. Fargas and DMac would be a nice tandem, IMO.
                it would be stupid to draft McFadden now..your gonna spend a pick on a rb to go along with your other 3 RB's..and just ignore the real problem in oakland witch is DT..

                and you take in how much money McFadden will want.and after Oakland had the number 1 pick last year.

                to much money going into 1 position..
                Last edited by Young Legend; 02-13-2008, 11:38 PM.
                Derrick Morgan > All

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good signing. Hopefully Bush pans out because he and Fargas would make the perfect pair.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    yay!!!!!!!screw you McFadden.
                    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Interesting move. Obviously the coaching staff knows first-hand what they can get from Fargas, he rushed for over 1000 yards in the offense despite having a total of 24 carries in 7 games last season.

                      Of course, that doesn't exactly speak to his being able to stay healthy for all 17 weeks as the starting back, so I would think they hang onto Dom Rhodes who they signed through 2008. At least until they see if Michael Bush returns to complete health and can hang in the league. I would bring Rhodes in on third downs and every so often, to help the passing game as well as help keep Fargas fresh through the season.

                      LaMont Jordan is gone, that was already a given.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        lamont is gone and maybe rhodes. were going dorsey,ellis,long for sure now.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          No way they draft McFadden now...that's just way too much money to put into one position. Falcons look like the first team that will consider him.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            thats a steal, always good to have a cheap quality RB

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              Interesting move. Obviously the coaching staff knows first-hand what they can get from Fargas, he rushed for over 1000 yards in the offense despite having a total of 24 carries in 7 games last season.

                              Of course, that doesn't exactly speak to his being able to stay healthy for all 17 weeks as the starting back, so I would think they hang onto Dom Rhodes who they signed through 2008. At least until they see if Michael Bush returns to complete health and can hang in the league. I would bring Rhodes in on third downs and every so often, to help the passing game as well as help keep Fargas fresh through the season.

                              LaMont Jordan is gone, that was already a given.
                              If we're talking about a #3 RB, I think Rhodes very well could be gone. Adimchinobe Echemandu could do just fine in the role that Rhodes would have and for much less as well. (and with less of an ego) Rhodes had a serious problem with his lack of playing time in 2007, which could be understandable, but on the other hand the Raiders were going with the hot hand which was definitely not Rhodes.

                              I think we could see the Raiders going into 2008 having rid themselves of both Rhodes and Jordan while not drafting Darren McFadden in the 1st round. Fargas, Bush and Etch would be the top 3 backs on the team and in this system they would be fine.

                              Oldie but a goodie.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information