Raiders Re-up Fargas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders Re-up Fargas

Fargas has been rewarded with a new contract. According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, it's a three-year, $12 million deal with $6 million in guaranteed money

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

thread about this on Draft Forum but this is a good sign for raiders. Think fargas can be feature back and excel too.

Comment

Now I except Grant to get around the same amount from us. Steal signing for the Raiders, if he doesn't plan out he still isn't hurting them.

Comment

Raiders re-sign RB Fargas

Good move.

Comment

I really like the steal. I kinda wanted to draft DMAC though.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
            I really like the steal. I kinda wanted to draft DMAC though.
            I still they could. Fargas and DMac would be a nice tandem, IMO.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
              I agree you can never have to many good RB's.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                it would be stupid to draft McFadden now..your gonna spend a pick on a rb to go along with your other 3 RB's..and just ignore the real problem in oakland witch is DT..

and you take in how much money McFadden will want.and after Oakland had the number 1 pick last year.

to much money going into 1 position..
                Last edited by Young Legend; 02-13-2008, 11:38 PM.
                Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Good signing. Hopefully Bush pans out because he and Fargas would make the perfect pair.

Comment

yay!!!!!!!screw you McFadden.
                    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Interesting move. Obviously the coaching staff knows first-hand what they can get from Fargas, he rushed for over 1000 yards in the offense despite having a total of 24 carries in 7 games last season.

Of course, that doesn't exactly speak to his being able to stay healthy for all 17 weeks as the starting back, so I would think they hang onto Dom Rhodes who they signed through 2008. At least until they see if Michael Bush returns to complete health and can hang in the league. I would bring Rhodes in on third downs and every so often, to help the passing game as well as help keep Fargas fresh through the season.

LaMont Jordan is gone, that was already a given.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

lamont is gone and maybe rhodes. were going dorsey,ellis,long for sure now.

Comment

No way they draft McFadden now...that's just way too much money to put into one position. Falcons look like the first team that will consider him.

Comment

thats a steal, always good to have a cheap quality RB

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              Interesting move. Obviously the coaching staff knows first-hand what they can get from Fargas, he rushed for over 1000 yards in the offense despite having a total of 24 carries in 7 games last season.

Of course, that doesn't exactly speak to his being able to stay healthy for all 17 weeks as the starting back, so I would think they hang onto Dom Rhodes who they signed through 2008. At least until they see if Michael Bush returns to complete health and can hang in the league. I would bring Rhodes in on third downs and every so often, to help the passing game as well as help keep Fargas fresh through the season.

LaMont Jordan is gone, that was already a given.
                              If we're talking about a #3 RB, I think Rhodes very well could be gone. Adimchinobe Echemandu could do just fine in the role that Rhodes would have and for much less as well. (and with less of an ego) Rhodes had a serious problem with his lack of playing time in 2007, which could be understandable, but on the other hand the Raiders were going with the hot hand which was definitely not Rhodes.

I think we could see the Raiders going into 2008 having rid themselves of both Rhodes and Jordan while not drafting Darren McFadden in the 1st round. Fargas, Bush and Etch would be the top 3 backs on the team and in this system they would be fine.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information