Zach Thomas Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Thomas Released

One of the faces of the Miami Dolphins is no longer with the organization.

Miami has informed perennial Pro Bowl linebacker Zach Thomas they will release him Thursday, FOXSports.com has learned.

Thomas, like the rest of the Dolphins, suffered through a miserable 2007 season. He suffered a concussion on the field and injuries in a car accident that limited his play.

After missing several games, the Dolphins finished Thomas' season for him when they placed him on injured reserve in December.

Thomas instantly became a fan favorite his rookie year and went on to become one of the league's most well-known tackling machines.

In the last couple of months, Thomas has told FOXSports.com he thought his release was imminent due to his salary. However, Thomas also said that he is not ready to hang up the cleats.

Read this article at:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7797 ... ler-Thomas

Does he have anything left in the tank or is it time to retire?

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

The correct link to Jay Glazer's story:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...-Bowler-Thomas
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I think he may have another year or two. Like anyone in need of a LB to hold it down for a year or so. I think a team like the Lions may make a run at him, just to hold that spot until someone is ready to step up.

Comment

its probably a tough one for phins fans to swallow because of what he has meant to the organization over the years, but from an outsiders perspective its prob the right move

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

The Patriots will go after him.
            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
              I think he may have another year or two. Like anyone in need of a LB to hold it down for a year or so. I think a team like the Lions may make a run at him, just to hold that spot until someone is ready to step up.
              The Pats should grab him they like old linebackers

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
              Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
                The Patriots will go after him.
                Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                The Pats should grab him they like old linebackers
                I dont understand one bit. Tedy Bruschi and Junior Seau havent ruled anything out yet. I know we will draft an LB to play inside. We do have Oscar Lua waiting as well, and I think he will get a shot at some PT next year. I dont see it all.

Comment

I've thought that too for a few months now, I know I mentioned that to toonster before.

I really think that Belichick isn't going to groom a high draft pick at inside linebacker, that he sees the league is favorable to offense anyways, so he'll take his chances and his lumps with veteran linebackers he'll continually plug in.
                  Last edited by Geo; 02-14-2008, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    I've thought that too for a few months now, I know I mentioned that to toonster before.

I really think that Belichick isn't going to groom a draft pick at inside linebacker, that he sees the league is favorable to offense anyways, so he'll take his chances and his lumps with veteran linebackers he'll continually plug in.
                    But when we have Tedy Bruschi, Junior Seau and Adalius Thomas all for two spots, why would we waste money on Thomas?

Comment

Thomas has at least 2 years left. His positioning is just amazing and he is a very smart LB. He would be great for a team with young LB that needs to learn the game.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Hmm... wouldn't be a bad a quisition for Oakland, we could move Kirk to SLB.

Comment

And Parcells reforming everything

Comment

Zach just know how to find the ball carrier. Great VET LB

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

Good point, I suppose. Although Thomas can play outside though like Vrabel, and might be more suited/valuable there. Colvin is signed through 2008 with a $7.6M cap charge this season, so he might be gone this offseason if not next as a free agent. I think outside linebacker is a bigger concern for Belichick.

Since we're discussing value according to Belichick, I don't think he values cornerback enough to take him with their first round pick either. I think he'll wait at least one round to pick up the first prospect to develop, like he did with Samuel, Hobbs, and Randall G.

But I expect mockers to keep giving them an inside linebacker or a cornerback, like they do a guard for the Colts early. Some people just don't understand that certain teams value positions differently.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information