Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the first big name free agent to sign..and what team will they sign with

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Turner - Lions or Bears

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

Comment

Originally posted by adamprez2003 View Post
      Michael Turner - Lions
      Briggs to the Fins

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

Briggs to the Redskins..they will sign him at 12:02 AM
        Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
          You guys just don't learn do you??

You play man-to-man, you can't keep signing zone corners just because they were good in their system and expect them to be good in yours. Samuel lacks elite speed to play in man, he's an opportunist with good instincts and is the perfect zone corner. You did this with Jason Davis, how did that work out for ya....
          It depends how good the corner is in man to man. Certainly Samuel will be better in zone coverage. His size would hurt him more in man to man than his speed.

Al Harris and Charles Woodson have below average speed and are in man to man 95% of the time and are shut down corners 95% of the time. Except when it's a big ass guy like Owens or Burress.
          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
            You guys just don't learn do you??

You play man-to-man, you can't keep signing zone corners just because they were good in their system and expect them to be good in yours. Samuel lacks elite speed to play in man, he's an opportunist with good instincts and is the perfect zone corner. You did this with Jason Davis, how did that work out for ya....
            I think its stupid that you compare Samual to Jason David...

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
              I can see Snyder throwing a ton of cash to Briggs and thus making the Redskins further in salary cap hell. =D
              we havent even cut people and we are like 7 or 8 mill over
              RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by KRS1 View Post
                I would think it's probably going to be Samuel. I would rather have him than Nate Clements and that was the guy last year. I could see a number of teams after him and someone will throw stupid money at him and it will get done quick.
                Samuel is not a complete corner like Clements.

Comment

I can see Faneca to the Bears as well.

Comment

Justin Smith to the Jags...

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                      I could see the bears signing Corey Williams early to team up with Tommie Harris. I hope we sign Michael Boley!

Good luck with that. I contract is close, and he is a great player. Dimitroff knows this, and I doubt he gets away. I'd be beyond pissed if he did though.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                        Well I guess you can end this, Mike Wahle just signed with the Seahawks.
                        Wahle was a vet that was cut, not a free agent. Not the same thing.

As for your other comment, we won't sign Corey Williams. I sure hope not anyway.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          I'm having trouble finding a great match as well. For such a good player, thats strange. I could see not many teams wanting to pay the type of salary he is looking for, for a LBer. A lot of teams who would probably want him, already have their stud linebacker. Maybe a team like the Vikings?
                          The Vikings aren't going to give Briggs the big deal he wants. The Vikings don't need another LB. Chad Greenway in his first year starting played very good year at WLB. EJ Henderson had a great year at MLB and was a pro bowl alternate. Ben Leber also had a pretty good year at SLB.

I'm guessing Briggs is going to wind up in New Orleans.

Comment

Anyone have the current cap numbers?
                            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

The Falcons could end up overpaying somebody. I mean, it happens every year.

Hopefully we end up with one of the Colts guards to play RG, or a servicable tackle like Maurice Williams. Maybe a cornerback because we are two deep. We have Trey Lewis at nose tackle, maybe someone there. Or even under tackle, where Babineaux is alone now. Marcus Wilkins was cut, so LB depth could be had, and we are one deep at each of the LB spots. Chris Crocker is leaving so we have no FS depth and could sign someone there. Lawyer Milloy could end up cut and Darren Stone is not proven, maybe a signing there too. Could use a pass rushing defensive end to spell Abraham. At QB we could resign Chris Redman or sign a journeyman quarterback to fill in. Runningback Michael Turner would be OK, but free agent runningbacks usually do not turn out too well. Maybe someone less high profile. Crumpler was cut, so a tight end is possible. At wide receiver Jenkins is leaving next year and I could see Joe Horn cut, we could use someone there, maybe a guy like Jabar Gaffney. At center we are undersized, so maybe.

At fullback we are fine, we just payed eighteen million last year who lead Warrick Dunn to like 3.2 yards a carry. But the numbers don't tell the whole truth, he is actually ok.

I think that is everything.
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Asante Samuel to the Cards

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information