No announcement yet.

Broncos WR Smith likely finished

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one guy who did more talking with his play then his mouth.sad to see injury force him out but then again the dude was a Chiefs killer wo I won't miss him when they play KC

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
      More BRandon Stokely IMO.
      Stokely is our Wes Welker. Marshall is our Moss.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
        Stokely is our Wes Welker. Marshall is our Moss.
        That was a good one.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
          Big receiving numbers are getting more common as the NFL progresses more and more into a passing league. Which is why when the time he's eligible, it's going to be very hard for him to get into the Hall of Fame. Wide receivers have a hard enough time getting in in the first place, and he'll be up against some tough competition. Not only that, but he didn't dominate during any of his years. He had a lot of yards during certain seasons, but there wasn't one point where he was regarded clearly as the best wide receiver in the league. It was always someone else. Another person that faces the same problem is Issac Bruce.
          I know I'm a Rams fan, but Bruce is not going to have a problem making the Hall. He is currently 6th in receptions all time, he is 9 behind Andre Reed. He will finish at least 5th all time. Bruce is also 3rd all time in receiving yards. He is 13th all time in receiving touchdowns with 84. If he gets 4 touchdowns next year he will be 9th all time. So yeah, Bruce is not going to have a problem making the Hall.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Well, he was a great player. I think he has a 10% of chances to making the HoF.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
            1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
            2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
            3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
            3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
            4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
            5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
            6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
            7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
              I know I'm a Rams fan, but Bruce is not going to have a problem making the Hall. He is currently 6th in receptions all time, he is 9 behind Andre Reed. He will finish at least 5th all time. Bruce is also 3rd all time in receiving yards. He is 13th all time in receiving touchdowns with 84. If he gets 4 touchdowns next year he will be 9th all time. So yeah, Bruce is not going to have a problem making the Hall.
              Tell me again, is the guy #2 all time in basically every receiving record out there in Cris Carter, is he in the HoF?

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
                Tell me again, is the guy #2 all time in basically every receiving record out there in Cris Carter, is he in the HoF?
                He will be. I doubt anyone expected him to be first ballot.

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
                  terrible argument, Cris Carter is definitely going in and a lot people thought he got robbed this year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Uh, yes he is. Curtis Martin is 4th all time on the rushing yards list. Does that mean he isn't going to have problems getting in? No. Look at the contributions on the field, not just statistics. Bruce was never at one time, the best receiver in the NFL hands down. He was always competing with the likes of guys like Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Michael Irvin, and Jerry Rice in his own division. And since the Rams were losers for quite some time, he never really shined. Even win the Rams started winning, Holt took over as "the main guy". Wide receivers have a hard enough time getting in the Hall of Fame anyways. So don't be surprised when his name isn't called when he's finally eligible.
                    Last edited by Ness; 02-16-2008, 11:47 PM.

Comment

This guy used to tear the Chargers up. Its sad to see such a great player on and off the field retire but at the same time its not lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                        Uh, yes he is. Curtis Martin is 4th all time on the rushing yards list. Does that mean he isn't going to have problems getting in? No. Look at the contributions on the field, not just statistics. Bruce was never at one time, the best receiver in the NFL hands down. He was always competing with the likes of guys like Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Michael Irvin, and Jerry Rice in his own division. And since the Rams were losers for quite some time, he never really shined. Even win the Rams started winning, Holt took over as "the main guy". Wide receivers have a hard enough time getting in the Hall of Fame anyways. So don't be surprised when his name isn't called when he's finally eligible.
                        There is no point in really debating this, but I'd be willing to bet everything I own that Bruce is making the Hall. He will finish top 5 in catches and yards, that means he is in. Curtis Martin will also make it in, at some point.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

There is no point in really debating this, but I'd be willing to bet everything I own that Bruce is making the Hall. He will finish top 5 in catches and yards, that means he is in. Curtis Martin will also make it in, at some point.
                          He might make it in one day, I'm not debating that. I'm saying it might be a very long time before he gets in. Which contradicts your point of saying it won't be a problem. Obviously the more it's delayed means there's something wrong. Hence, a problem. He might be dead by the time it happens. Doesn't matter how good his "stats" were. His impact on the field wasn't as great as other wide receivers around the league during his prime and even on his own team in my opinion.
                          Last edited by Ness; 02-18-2008, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Mile High Salute to Rod Smith

When I think of a team football player, I think of Rod Smith. Smith always put team above himself. He never complained when he didn't get the football. He would just block down the field for Terrell Davis, or take double coverage with him to open up somebody else.

I am tired of all of the me first players being talked about as Hall of Famers, but not guys who just put team first and win. Yes, Rod Smith didn't toot his own horn, so I will toot it for him. He belongs in the Hall of Fame and I believe he will eventually get in after a brief wait.

Comment

Originally posted by 20yardline View Post
                              When I think of a team football player, I think of Rod Smith. Smith always put team above himself. He never complained when he didn't get the football. He would just block down the field for Terrell Davis, or take double coverage with him to open up somebody else.

I am tired of all of the me first players being talked about as Hall of Famers, but not guys who just put team first and win. Yes, Rod Smith didn't toot his own horn, so I will toot it for him. He belongs in the Hall of Fame and I believe he will eventually get in after a brief wait.
                              Yes, it's quite rare to get a player like him with very good manners, and big play ability.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information