Haloti Ngata vs Vince Wilfork

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haloti Ngata vs Vince Wilfork

I really like both these players and even though Wilfork made the probowl this year, I really thought that Ngata should of been lining up next to him. Ngata outperformed Hampton in everyway this past season. So, my question is if you were building a 3-4 defense from scratch and you wanted a future hall of fame NT, who would you pick Ngata or Wilfork and why.

Well the thing is when the Ravens lined up in a 3-4, Kelly Gregg was usually the NT, and Ngata played as a DE. But i would chose Ngata without a doubt...better player and more versitility

Comment

Future HOF NT woud be Vince Wilfork. Ngata plays end in the 3-4, and the job that Wilfork does in keep OL off of Bruschi and such is amazing.

Comment

Well I started this thread with the notion of projecting Ngata as a 3-4 NT. So please base it off the # of times he lined up over the center and was he effective at doing so.

Comment

If age isn't a factor, Wilfork, since we know he can play the NT spot at a very, very high level.

Comment

there weren't enough times that he did line up there. but no he didn't outperform Hampton at the NT position. I would choose Wilfork (even though he is a dirty mother) over Ngata for the NT position.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

The better question'd be Seymour v. Ngata

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                The better question'd be Seymour v. Ngata
                going off just this season, it would be Ngata, but Seymour has been a beast for longer. Ngata did outperform him this season. when Seymour came back healthy, i don't even think he played the best on his team.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

I'd take Ngata over Wilfork.
                  By the time their careers are over, I think Ngata will be the better player.

BTW, I agree with Addict. Seymour vs. Ngata would be better.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                  my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                  But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

ngata is an absolute stud, and i think he is a much better athlete then wilfork is...however right now, wilfork plays nose and ngata doesnt. But ngata is a stud at end, and i think in a few years he will be one of the best dlinemen in the league...also, ngaata iis very versatile there were a few plays this year where he lined up at MLB and blitzed...very amusing to see, also surprisingly effective.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Wilfork is the top NT in the league in my opinion

Comment

I'd say Wilfork. As said, not very fair to compare the 2.

Comment

3-4 DE vs. 3-4 NT just doesn't make sense. I'd take Ngata though, since a good 3-4 DE is very hard to find.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

for the Jets, give me Wilfork. Until Ngata proves he can consistently do the NT position, i take wilfork because IMO that NT position is tough to fill, and getting a player of Wilforks caliber is a difficult task

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                            You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Well Ngata can play both NT and DE. Although he started at DE, he would play a few snaps a game at NT and he did very well (from what I saw from the 2 or 3 Ravens games I watched). Personally I like Ngata better, but Wilfork is probably the better NT.
                              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information