No announcement yet.

Eli as Coverboy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peterson is already so popular with the fans so he has been my pick for awhile but he could easily turn it down so who knows. I wouldn't mind Eli on the cover tho.
    Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Even though VY didn't really tie into a new feature specifically (he was a 'weapon', but then so are most decent players in the game), this time around I'd bet the coverboy is somehow related to some new feature.

I've always wanted them to revamp the coverage system, and allow gamers to go into a third person style mode with a cornerback on demand during any game mode, where the controls take on a different form. Kinda like if they made a mini-game in the game itself to cover WR's at CB etc (but mini-game is a poor choice of wordage, it wouldn't be corny but very realistic feeling and well representive of playing CB/S). Then they can have Bailey on the cover.

If EA really wanted to earn back some respect from the more sim gamers out there, redo the entire blocking system and have Marcus McNeil or Jason Peters on the cover. That would be unexpected. But then EA seem to take the stance their coverboy has to be mainstream marketable, and I've gotta say, probably the most mainstream marketable name after last year is AP right now.

Comment

In recent years it's kind of based on the 'new feature' they're implementing in Madden, so I'm not sure if Eli plays into that or not yet.

Hey, as a Giants fan, I'd love to have him on the cover. I don't really believe in 'the Madden curse', so it wouldn't bother me. Plus Eli is one of the most durable QB's in the NFL, so I'd feel comfortable with him on it.

Also my sleeper pick to get on the cover is Antonio Cromartie. I have a feeling they might do something with the defense.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Poor Eli, just when his career was looking up

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Personally, I think they should put David Tyree on the front to have it correlate with some revamp of the gameplay on the offensive side of the ball. DB AI was improved last year, but quite honestly, the WR AI (on next-gen) was a joke. The receivers don't even go after the ball if it was slightly under thrown. Instead they'd just keep running the route and let it get picked off. Hence, where David Tyree comes in. After all, he pretty much defined what going after the ball meant.

The cover would be easy to do. Just put him on the cover making that infamous catch. Plus worse case scenario is we lose out on a Pro-Bowl caliber special teams player if the supposed 'Madden Curse' strikes him. Not as big a loss as Eli.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Ever notice how much WR's in the game dont catch a fly over their shoulder on the run, no matter how good the pass is

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I swear I read the topic as:

"Eli as a Cowboy?"
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Patrick Willis would be sweet.
                  Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                    Poor Eli, just when his career was looking up
                    Well maybe he can reverse the madden curse? He already seemed like he was playing with the madden curse when we played the eagles this year.

Comment

I can not see Eli as the cover guy.....Go with Bob Sanders

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

That would be an intresting pick, Sanders is probably the best guy on that defense

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

albert haynesworth, they D line needs to get worse when your on O and better when your on D

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                            albert haynesworth, they D line needs to get worse when your on O and better when your on D
                            Great idea by EA, put a headstomper on the cover. LOL. That would just be bad publicity

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                              Ever notice how much WR's in the game dont catch a fly over their shoulder on the run, no matter how good the pass is
                              It drives me up the wall!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Im really hoping it isn't Eli. Anyone but Eli.

Hopefully someone talks him out of it. He just silenced so many critics, and can finally play a carefree season without so much pressure, and now he wants to add all this mumbo jumbo to his plate? I hope its not him...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information