Raiders slap exclusive franchise tag on CB Asomugha

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders slap exclusive franchise tag on CB Asomugha

Good move by Oakland keep there best cb, and don't let know one talk to him, they have the room to afford the 9.8 million. No reason to pay him 5.6 or somthing and let him talk to people.

He is awesome.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

A wicket hotlink would be shuper shweet!

It's not that I don't trust you, it's that I don't trust anyone...

*looks at bored of education shuper shuspiciously*
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
        A wicket hotlink would be shuper shweet!

It's not that I don't trust you, it's that I don't trust anyone...

*looks at bored of education shuper shuspiciously*
        Raiders place exclusive franchise tag on CB Asomugha

Comment

Good job by the Raiders. Now they just have to fix the management there. If that happened, I would consider that a successful offseason if I were fan of that ball club.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

hmm, that's a huge contract. Him and JaMarcus will be taking up some serious cap space in the near future

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
            You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

yeah they take up space, but who else is going to they don't have any real super star players that will take up a lot, and Russells first deal is probably not one that takes up a lot of space right now. Probably in the future and if he becomes good or bust along the way they don't have to take the hit if they backloaded it.

Comment

Oakland has something like 40 million dollars in cap space, and that's before Porter opts out of his contract and Jordan is cut. They have money to spare.

edit -

Let's be clear, if Oakland hadn't made this move I might have had to take a year off from watching football.

Comment

Best move the Raiders have made in 3+ years. I am guessing that Al Davis didn't have anything to do with it. He is probably still perplexed how they took Asomugha considering his sub-Raiders standard 40 time.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    Oakland has something like 40 million dollars in cap space, and that's before Porter opts out of his contract and Jordan is cut. They have money to spare.

edit -

Let's be clear, if Oakland hadn't made this move I might have had to take a year off from watching football
                    exactly, this was the single most predictable move of the entire off-season. Still a good move though.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

No surprise. Just as happy to hear about the big cap space. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post

edit -

Let's be clear, if Oakland hadn't made this move I might have had to take a year off from watching football.
                        http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

According to this you only HAD $25.98 million in cap room.

Comment

He'll probably just end up like Charles Woodson. Take the franchise tag for a couple of seasons and then leave for greener pastures.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                            He is awesome.

Bingo. The man is a beast. A move everyone probably saw coming, but still a good one.

Comment

I'm not liking the fact that this puts Asante on the market as the only premier player... I'm starting to get on board the "he's as good as gone" bandwagon...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information