Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players you regret your team letting go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With as bad as our line has been, John Tait, even if it was a few years ago.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Ryan Clark, he was one of the strongest points in or D
      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Sam Adams and Pat Williams.

Together, they brought almost 700 lbs. to the middle of our d-line. You would be crazy to try and run up the middle.
        Now, you're crazy not to...

Others include Antoine Winfield, and Nate Clements
        Last edited by Bills2083; 02-21-2008, 07:58 AM.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

I can't really think of anyone, though I would think that if we had Adam Vinitiari in the Super Bowl, they might have gone for the FG instead of going for it on 4th and 13 in the second quarter.

That said, he probably would have missed it.

The only player I can ever remember leaving that I was pissed about was Ben Coates, but he didn't do a whole lot after leaving (partly because he became a second TE in Baltimore).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
            You could say Plaxico, but he wasn't that player 3-4 years ago..
            Well what does that say then. Your offense didn't allow him to utilize all his talents. With the way the offense is now, I bet you wish you had him.

As for the Giants. There isn't really anyone who I can honestly say I regret letting go. There are plenty of people I regret signing, but not letting go. I guess Cornelius Griffin would be the best choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              Well what does that say then. Your offense didn't allow him to utilize all his talents. With the way the offense is now, I bet you wish you had him.

As for the Giants. There isn't really anyone who I can honestly say I regret letting go. There are plenty of people I regret signing, but not letting go. I guess Cornelius Griffin would be the best choice.
              Some will say Ryan Grant, but every RB we had ahead of him was better than him anyway.

What about Ron Stone? He was a PB caliber guard when we let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Some will say Ryan Grant, but every RB we had ahead of him was better than him anyway.

What about Ron Stone? He was a PB caliber guard when we let him go.
                I can't say Ryan Grant yet. He's good, but like you said, we have better. And I have to see him do it again anyway.

Ron Stone was good, but only played a handful of years after we let him walk. Few of which he played very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  I can't say Ryan Grant yet. He's good, but like you said, we have better. And I have to see him do it again anyway.

Ron Stone was good, but only played a handful of years after we let him walk. Few of which he played very well.
                  Yeah, Im trying to think of other names, but Griffin and Stone are the only 2 that come to mind. We've done a pretty good job of letting guys go at the right time. If you want to go way back Tyrone Wheatly played pretty good after he left the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                    Only person for the Steelers is Mike Vrabel. Some may say Plax, but I'm not so sure.
                    Vrabel and Rod Woodson are the only two I can think of.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                      Ryan Clark, he was one of the strongest points in or D
                      I would add Antonio Pierce to this list.
                      Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

Comment

Honestly there aren't that many for the Eagles. That's probably because players that are brought into Philly are

1) Guys with "starting talent" that somehow only our front office can see when they're mediocre backups at best. For example:

Todd Pinkston
                        James Thrash
                        Freddie Mitchell
                        ND Kalu
                        Brandon Whiting
                        Corey Simon (to his credit, he was alright for a while)
                        Darwin Walker
                        Mark Simoneau
                        Nate Wayne
                        Matt McCoy

2) Vets who just hit a wall when they get here. For example:

Jevon Kearse
                        Darren Howard
                        Ian Scott
                        Montae Reagor
                        Dorsey Levens

Al Harris, Rod Hood and Derrick Burgess were all guys that got away, but Harris wasn't this good until recently and Burgess had a seemingly faulty first year with Oakland. Hood had a solid year starting in Arizona but (in my opinion, a lot of people like him) sucked here so I wasn't mad when we let him go. I'd take him back now though...

To the organization's credit, we're not too bad at letting guys walk when it's time for them to go. Duce Staley (ha Steelers), Bobby Taylor (ha Seahawks), Troy Vincent (ha Bills/Redskins), John Welbourne (ha Chiefs), Jermaine Mayberry (ha Saints), Hank Fraley (ha Browns), Jeremiah Trotter (ha Redskins/Tampa Bay) are all examples of this.

But the point of this long rambling post is, the Eagles haven't had enough talent recently for me even to "regret letting go". Aside from QB, RB, OT and CB, every position has been a revolving door or simply in a long, drawn-out, trial-and-error transition.
                        Last edited by GaMeTiMe; 02-21-2008, 09:38 AM.
                        Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

Comment

For the Steelers in recent years, I only regret losing Chris Hope. Randle El was my favourite player, but the Redskins waaaay overpaid for him, so losing him at that price was fine. Porter was also one of my favourites, but he would have commanded too much money, and Harrison outperformed him this past season anyways.

Comment

Bills fans of the world collectively state that the answer is undoubtedly:

PAT WILLIAMS

Comment

steinbach.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                                Thank you very much for that one by the way.

Recently, off the top of my head;
                                Pete kendal - only because adrian clarke was the football equivelant of a turnstile
                                Don't insult turnstiles like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information