Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players you regret your team letting go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Players you regret your team letting go?

    Are there any players you ever regret letting go, either recent or all time?

    I'd have to say, recently, it hurts letting T.O. go. I wish we could have done everything we could to keep him. The best WR currently in the NFL imo. He's one of my favorite all time players and i always wish him best of luck, even though i don't like the cowboys i always root for T.O. He's a nutcase sure, but guys with his kind of talent are rare. Definitely we wish we had him back..


  • #2
    Clinton Portis, but only if we also get to keep Champ.


    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

    Comment


    • #3
      Actually there really isn't for the Bears. I mean it'd be nice to have Marc Columbo, but I'm not really losing sleep over it.

      We do a pretty good job of keeping the players we need, it's the whole draft thing that's been hit or miss in the last decade.


      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

      Comment


      • #4
        Jimmy Smith saw little to no time when he was with the Cowboys, but sure had a nice career after that now didn't he? Not sure if I totally regret it, seeing that we did have great success in the years after. But it would of been interesting to see what would of happened if he was still here when Alvin Harper left.

        Comment


        • #5
          We didn't release him, but...





          http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Pat Williams and Nate Clements.

            Comment


            • #7
              None, actually. Just recently I was thinking how hard it was to remember any Titan who left recently and did anything significant elsewhere. I guess Kevin Carter was decent in Miami?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                Are there any players you ever regret letting go, either recent or all time?

                I'd have to say, recently, it hurts letting T.O. go. I wish we could have done everything we could to keep him. The best WR currently in the NFL imo. He's one of my favorite all time players and i always wish him best of luck, even though i don't like the cowboys i always root for T.O. He's a nutcase sure, but guys with his kind of talent are rare. Definitely we wish we had him back..

                Why would you want someone that didn't want to be with the ball club? There's nothing we could have done to change his mind. He hated being in San Francisco.

                "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hmmm, the long story of questionable personnel decisions by the Rams.

                  London Fletcher- hey, he's undersized, any bigger LB would be better.....in steps Jamie Duncan

                  Ernie Conwell- great TE, hasn't really been replaced since, McMichael seems good though

                  Dre Bly- Apparently he is not the equivalent of Dexter "Toast" McCleon

                  James Hodgins- Martz apparently decided that keeping a stud FB for 750K was foolish

                  Ryan Pickett- Rams fans inappropriately lump him in with Jimmie Kennedy and Damione Lewis, Pickett is actually good

                  Dick Vermeil- DAAAMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNN YOOUUUUUUU MIIIIIIKE MAAARRRRTZZZZ

                  I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Would you like me to write a book?

                    here are some off the top of my head

                    Simeon Rice
                    Aeneas Williams
                    Michael Pittman
                    Thomas Jones
                    Garrison Hearst
                    Larry Centers
                    David Boston
                    Kwame Lassiter
                    Joe Namath


                    Damn Cardinals

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Only person for the Steelers is Mike Vrabel. Some may say Plax, but I'm not so sure.


                      Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I am proud to say the only one is Jay Feely. =D


                        Originally posted by Halsey
                        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ness View Post
                          Why would you want someone that didn't want to be with the ball club? There's nothing we could have done to change his mind. He hated being in San Francisco.
                          True. I just miss having his kind of talent and production around.

                          Julian Peterson could also make a case, but he didnt fit the 3-4. However, could you imagine a 4-3 with Lawson, Willis, and Peterson as the LB core. That would be great.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                            Would you like me to write a book?

                            here are some off the top of my head

                            Simeon Rice
                            Aeneas Williams
                            Michael Pittman
                            Thomas Jones
                            Garrison Hearst
                            Larry Centers
                            David Boston
                            Kwame Lassiter
                            Joe Namath


                            Damn Cardinals

                            Thank you very much for that one by the way.

                            Recently, off the top of my head;
                            Pete kendal - only because adrian clarke was the football equivelant of a turnstile
                            Jason Ferguson - If only we knew we would have been running a 34 in a few years
                            Kareem Makenzie - He would have replaced our other turnstile at RT
                            Laveranues Coles - The first time, however i won't be upset if they do it again

                            "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              Actually there really isn't for the Bears. I mean it'd be nice to have Marc Columbo, but I'm not really losing sleep over it.

                              We do a pretty good job of keeping the players we need, it's the whole draft thing that's been hit or miss in the last decade.
                              I kind of wish we never lost Marty Booker even though Ogunleye worked out fairly well. Also I didn't disagree with Thomas Jones trade at the time but with the way Benson has played I wouldn't have minded Jones sticking around for a year or two.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information