Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears sign grossman to a 1-year deal

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=4400

I am happy he signed, I still think he can be a good quarterback given the right situation.

TeamBoard!!

Comment

complacency
      Main Entry: com·pla·cen·cy
      Function: noun
      Inflected Form(s): plural com·pla·cen·cies
      Date: 1650
      1 : self-satisfaction especially when accompanied by unawareness of actual dangers or deficiencies

Comment

Probably the worst definition for Grossman. He knows that he hasn't played well. Way to just say anything.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
          Probably the worst definition for Grossman. He knows that he hasn't played well. Way to just say anything.
          Originally posted by NEtimehester View Post
          http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=4400

I am happy he signed, I still think he can be a good quarterback given the right situation.
          10 characters

Comment

Its not like there is some sure thing in FA.

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
              complacency
              Main Entry: comĚplaĚcenĚcy
              Function: noun
              Inflected Form(s): plural comĚplaĚcenĚcies
              Date: 1650
              1 : self-satisfaction especially when accompanied by unawareness of actual dangers or deficiencies
              And our other options are........?

Anyway, this means that Griese will be cut shortly. We won't have a 33 year old QB making 2 mil as 3rd on the depth chart.

I was actually hoping that it would be a two year deal. Either way, this means there will be a legit competition b/w him and Orton (both have only one year left on their contracts), but makes it that much more likely we'll go for a QB in rounds 2-4.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Thats a great deal for the Bears.. But for grossman I think he could have done better in FA..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
                  Thats a great deal for the Bears.. But for grossman I think he could have done better in FA..
                  Eh I am not so sure. What other job would be basicly be handed the starting position? And then who would pay him, a Qb troubled w/ injuries, and inconsistancy, to come in and start. I want to think it will be a fair competition in camp, but Rex is a better practice player than a game player, so he will most likely start barring injury or terrible preformance. My hope is that he doesnt do that good this year so then we can get rid of him.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                  who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

I think he is a good back up and in FA he would of gotten better than a 1 year deal IMO. And I think he needs a change.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
                      I think he is a good back up and in FA he would of gotten better than a 1 year deal IMO. And I think he needs a change.
                      I agree he needs a change, but he basicly blew his contract year last year, so this is another chance to prove himself. If he does...it pays off big time.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that the one-year contract signed by Bears quarterback Rex Grossman today includes $1.5 million in guaranteed money.

Overall, Schefter reports, it's a one-year, $3 million contract, with half of that guaranteed and with another $2 million in incentives.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          And our other options are........?

Anyway, this means that Griese will be cut shortly. We won't have a 33 year old QB making 2 mil as 3rd on the depth chart.

I was actually hoping that it would be a two year deal. Either way, this means there will be a legit competition b/w him and Orton (both have only one year left on their contracts), but makes it that much more likely we'll go for a QB in rounds 2-4.
                          Draft a quarterback? It's time to tear down and rebuild in Chicago. I suppose signing him to a one-year deal isn't a huge risk though.

The definition of insanity is trying the same things and expecting a different result...

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Williams View Post
                            The definition of insanity is trying the same things and expecting a different result...
                            Which is why you maybe play Greg Olsen, and get a better OL if you're the Bears.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Williams View Post
                              Draft a quarterback? It's time to tear down and rebuild in Chicago. I suppose signing him to a one-year deal isn't a huge risk though.

Of course we're going to draft a quarterback. Signing Grossman to a one year deal (a very cheap one at that) doesn't change anything.

It does provide some competition for Orton (who should go into OTA's as the #1) and it means that whatever quarterback we draft likely won't see the field in 2008, which is a good thing.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information