Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Jets will get this guy in return

Comment

Oh no. Both of those guys will end up in New Orleans :)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Shaun Rogers wouldn't be bad, but I want draft picks...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

i still find it humourous that this thread was started by a coach simply saying "he's a heck of a player", which clearly offers next to no insight into anything, rather is a statement that a coach could make about any player in the league to be nice

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

patriots are one of the most hated teams in nfl history.

Comment

Jacksonville and New Orleans are among Vilma's likely destinations. The Jets are believed to be seeking a third-round pick.
              Full story: http://www.nj.com/giants/ledger/inde...l=1&thispage=2

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Wow Jacksonville would be a sick defense for him to play on, but NO needs him more, they are probably going to win that war.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                  Third round pick for Vilma.

They do that and any faith I had in the Jets FO will be completely gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                    Third round pick for Vilma.

They do that and any faith I had in the Jets FO will be completely gone.
                    I agree that it would be stupid, but not surprising, it's a very "jet-like" thing to do, Vilma will go on to become a hall of fame LB after they trade him.

Comment

Goddamnit, c'mon. Trade for him. DOOO IT.

Please? :(
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                        I agree that it would be stupid, but not surprising, it's a very "jet-like" thing to do, Vilma will go on to become a hall of fame LB after they trade him.
                        I like vilma as much as the next guy, but he's not a guaranteed hall of famer like some people make him out to be. He was a very good player on a not so good defense; he made a ton of tackles, but i never saw him constantly in the back field or hitting the back at the line of scrimmage. I don't like getting a third for him, but if we keep him and he struggles again he is just going to walk away in free agency. (We could get a high conpensatory pick, but those things aren't guaranteed)

I am wondering whether or not the lions are actually interested in vilma at all. Obviously he could flourish on their team, but all he said was he's a heck of a player. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. (I think the rumors of jacksonville make a bit more sense considering Donnie Henderson is there and vilma is from florida)

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Profootballtalk.com reports that the Lions are the current favorites to land Jonathan Vilma.

He would fit beautifully into their defense, who has desperately looking for a middle linebacker all decade. Any deal for Vilma will depend on a physical. He is coming off a serious knee surgery.

Comment

Vilma in Detroit, right now, taking physical:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...076/1049/rss14

Comment

Well, it looks like the lions are indeed quite interested in vilma. Per rotoworld he went into today for a physical and i would imagine if they like what they see a trade will be announced friday; i'm just wondering if it's going to involve rogers or just a straight draft pick.

"Jonathan Vilma is in Detroit Wednesday to take a physical.
                              Vilma, the No. 12 overall pick in 2004, is recovering from reconstructive knee surgery, which he underwent in November. He has experience in a Tampa 2 defense like Detroit's, having played for Herm Edwards 2004-2005. If he's cleared physically, a trade could be announced on Friday."

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

I hope something gets done. Hopefully the Jets force the issue that Rogers would have to be included. I love Vilma as much as the next guy, but he clearly isn't right for the Jets. Since most assume he'll be terrific again in the 4-3, one would have to assume that the Jets would be saying the same thing to whomever is interested and using that as leverage to get more out of the deal.

Rogers and a 2nd for Vilma and Robertson would be pretty solid.
                                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information