Michael Huff on the trading block?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Huff on the trading block?

At the season-ending press conference, Lane Kiffin hinted that Huff, slightly built for a strong safety and more of a form tackler than a big hitter, might be on the move to free safety. Since then, it remains to be seen just how much input Kiffin will have with regard to Huff or anyone else, and two league sources said during the week that it is no secret in league circles that Huff is available by trade.
    Full story: http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2...ty-challenged/

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

I remember hearing in 2006, that he was able to play CB.
    Do you think he could still play it now?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

I don't watch the Raiders or Huff but he was drafted 2 years ago 7th overall I think. Why would u take him. Theres no way they would get a 7th overall for him now. Seems like a wasted pick that only would set a team back.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

I'll give them our 2nd this year for him :)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Panthers should go after him, we need a free safety.

Comment

send them our first round pick, get him in Green and Gold. Hell, even offer them Bigby if all I care.

Comment

I love this guy. I dont think the Falcons would trade for him, but we definitely have some extra picks to get him. I wanted him so badly in the draft.

I think he can still be a stud.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I would love to pick him up..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

I've no idea why the Raiders didn't play him at free safety from the start, that's where he should play. His game in range and coverage. Frankly, to play him at strong safety is stupid imo. It's not like Oakland has another safety worth a darn on the roster to not play him at free safety.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

This is just Jerry Mac giving his opinion.. The Raiders haven't said he is on the block.. I doubt the Raiders trade Huff

Comment

meh...

I would not put too much into this. Michael Huff's average performance is more due to him playing out of position than him actually playing bad. Don't be surprised if the Raiders draft a SS in rounds 3/4 this year or go after one in FA. Eugene and Schweigert are not the answer.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                        I'll give them our 2nd this year for him :)
                        A 2nd? Ehh, I don't know about that. I do like him as a player, though. I heard he was up for trade a few weeks before the trading deadline this past season too so who knows?
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

If you draft a guy 7th overall, i'd hope you would play to his strengths. He's not a thumper type of guy, so playing him at SS never seemed like a good fit, but i guess it was the greater position of need.

Personally i was never very high on Huff coming out, but i certainly won't pretend to act like i've watched a million Raider's games over the past 2 years, so my assessment of him to this point may be off. He never was a 'playmaker', rather a dependable, steady, and versatile guy.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Raiders shouldn't give up on him just yet. I could still see him being very effective at the other safety position plus the market probably won't command him fair value imo.

Comment

I think the raiders would be wise to be patient with Huff. If Asomugha has taught them anything, its that patience can be a huge virtue. For the first couple of years I remember people around here were calling Asomugha a bust, but now he is one of the best young cbs in the game.

Personally, I don't know that he will ever live up to his lofty draft status and contract, but I am biased because as a 49er fan I like nothing more than to make wise cracks about the raiders. I hope he develops into a playmaker though, because that defense is starting to look real nasty with all that young talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information