Rogers to the Broncos?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogers to the Broncos?

The same rocky mountain news that reported the broncos had interest in the jets dewayne robertson are not reporting that the Broncos are close to an agreement with the Lions to land Shaun Rogers.

This interests me, becuase I was under the impression that the Lions would only trade Williams or Rogers for a proven player; who exactly would detroit get?? They do thave last years trade for dre bly working for them. I was also wondering why the NFL doesn't allow trade talks two weeks prior to the free agency period, because it seems no one obides by the tampering rules.

"The Rocky Mountain News reports that the Lions are close to agreeing to trade DT Shaun Rogers to Denver. A deal couldn't be official until Friday.
    The terms are unclear, but this is typical high-risk, high-reward Mike Shanahan move. We think it's worth it. Rogers' effort and conditioning are suspect, but he's a Pro Bowl quality defensive tackle in his prime. Denver is desperate for some help upfront and Rogers is a quick fix. Its uncertain if he'll get new money as part of the deal. Feb. 25 - 6:15 pm et
    "

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

maybe...idk about his value or anything, but maybe they swap first rounder and the broncos get rogers

Comment

I remember talking to um, njx, awhile back and commenting on how this seemed like such a Broncos type move. If motivated and in shape, adding Rogers really boosts the Denver defense and could let the youngsters develop.

My guess is that it's probably a 4th for Rogers.

Comment

I actually think we could be looking at 2nd or 3rd from the Broncos... Marinelli and Millen pretty said how much they wanted to dump him but with Rogers there is enough activity from other teams looking to improve their line that a 4th wouldnt suffice to make a move this quickly. For the Broncos, they would be getting a player that would be their best on the d line and although he's a horrible negotiator and overall person Matt Millen would probably wait a bit on the trade if it was only a 4th round pick.

Comment

I dont think the Broncos have a 3rd round pick..
          Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Hmmm.. I could've sworn the Donkeys just said they were committed to building the team through the draft. So, yeah, sacrificing a pick for an overweight Rogers fits the bill. Only, not really.

I'm definitely not saying I'm surprised, though.

Comment

I can see Shanny pulling a move like this..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

I'd like to see the Saints trade for him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

I'm really hopeing its like a 2nd and Elvis Dummervil for Rogers.
                  Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                  oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                    I remember talking to um, njx, awhile back and commenting on how this seemed like such a Broncos type move. If motivated and in shape, adding Rogers really boosts the Denver defense and could let the youngsters develop.

My guess is that it's probably a 4th for Rogers.
                    ...gross.... Now I'm scared that this is going to happen.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                      I'm really hopeing its like a 2nd and Elvis Dummervil for Rogers.
                      Honestly.... that'd be a dream deal. Many Lions fans seem to be content with a 2nd... but that is only if we know he is on his way out. A 4th is absolutely gross. 2nd + Dumervil I'd be ecstatic about.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
                        Honestly.... that'd be a dream deal. Many Lions fans seem to be content with a 2nd... but that is only if we know he is on his way out. A 4th is absolutely gross. 2nd + Dumervil I'd be ecstatic about.
                        A 4th is terrible value for rogers, i'm surprised there not talking to the jets about vilma, considering Marinelli said he wanted a proven player and not a pick. I would rather take the chance on vilma coming back stronger than ever than on millen picking a player that will be better than vilma.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Such a Shanahan move.
                          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

I'd rather take Rogers putting half effort for a quarter of the season then for a 4th. Ugh.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Prob 1 or 2 of our 4th rounders.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information