• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do it for the love of yourself Jerry!
    I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

And so it begins.....Jerry is going to ruin this team again, and I've got my popcorn ready for the disaster.

Barber and both firsts might not be enough to move up to #1. I think that is why they are saying undisclosed draft picks, because it will be more than the two firsts.

Can't wait until Barber and Flozell are playing Miami and Dallas is running sweeps to left side with Davis at LT and McFadden running the ball. Dream come true. Cowboys fans will appreciate Barber even more then because McFadden has never gotten a tough yard in his college career.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
        I hope it's more than #22/#28/Barber for #1.. because that would value Marion Barber as about the #7 Overall Pick.

I think it's a bad trade for both teams.
        yes according to the NFL draft value chart the 1st pick is worth 3000 points. The 22nd pick is worth 780 points and the 28th pick is worth 660 points. That woul leave 1560 points left which is between the 6th pick (1600 points) and 7th pick (1500 points). I think that even though that might be a little steep for Barber the Dolphins at this point woul make out alot better although they dont need Barber but they need picks. Dallas would make out fine without alot of holes but it depends on if Dmac turns out to be AP #2.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

.......God. I really see no reason to this. We were just a 13-3 team. Just a few tweaks here and there and I would feel very confident in this team, I mean I already feel good about the team now. It is just rumor, so I hope it just stays that way.

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
            I wouldn't be surprised if Miami asked to throw in Bobby Carpenter too.
            That's what I am thinking as well. With Parcells in control, you have to think BC will be part of the deal.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

If you go by the points system, there is absolutely no way that the Dolphins are going to get fair points value. 2 #1's and MB3 is probably the best they would do.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Barber and TWO firsts in any way shape or form is a bad deal.

You people are too quick to judge based off rumor. I can't even remember the last bad deal that Jerry made. Now all of sudden he's going to ruin this team... AGAIN? The first time he took over he brought 3 Superbowl Championships and completed the best deal ever in the Hershel Walker trade. If he's going to ruin the team again, like he did the last time, BRING IT ON!

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                  That's what I am thinking as well. With Parcells in control, you have to think BC will be part of the deal.
                  I'm still thanking Parcells for releasing Zach Thomas into our hands. I've lost faith in Carpenter. I'm fine with letting him go.

But Barber is a Top 5 back in the league. He alone is worth 2 first rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    Barber and TWO firsts in any way shape or form is a bad deal.

You people are too quick to judge based off rumor. I can't even remember the last bad deal that Jerry made. Now all of sudden he's going to ruin this team... AGAIN? The first time he took over he brought 3 Superbowl Championships and completed the best deal ever in the Hershel Walker trade. If he's going to ruin the team again, like he did the last time, BRING IT ON!
                    Jerry Jones also hired Dave Campo as the Head Coach of the Cowboys...

Originally posted by Halsey
                    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                      As a jets fan I would love this trade to happen, because it means chris long will still be on the board. It's a great trade for miami, but i just keep thinking that the cowboys are getting fleeced.
                      I think you are probably misled, because if Chris Long doesn't go #1 to Miami he almost certainly will go #2 to St.Louis who are dying for a DE.

Comment

This trade actually would be very stupid for Dallas. Sure they'd get a great RB, but RBs don't last that long, maybe 9 years tops, and they are a dime a dozen really in this day and age where a great team needs a great QB and defense, not a great RB. Giving up a proven pro bowl back and 2 first rounders plus a little more for a RB would be dumb. See 2004 SD/NYG trade.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          I'm still thanking Parcells for releasing Zach Thomas into our hands. I've lost faith in Carpenter. I'm fine with letting him go.

But Barber is a Top 5 back in the league. He alone is worth 2 first rounders.
                          Barber is not worth 2 first rounders. If you believe that, then any logical discussion with you in this thread is over.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                            This trade actually would be very stupid for Dallas. Sure they'd get a great RB, but RBs don't last that long, maybe 9 years tops, and they are a dime a dozen really in this day and age where a great team needs a great QB and defense, not a great RB. Giving up a proven pro bowl back and 2 first rounders plus a little more for a RB would be dumb. See 2004 SD/NYG trade.
                            How is the 2004 SD/NYG trade even comparable to this? That trade strictly involved picks and was for a franchise signal-caller, which is completely different than a RB. Also, you can't argue against the current trade and then use 2004 trade as an example of a bad trade when Eli Manning just won a super bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              Barber is not worth 2 first rounders. If you believe that, then any logical discussion with you in this thread is over.
                              When Marion Barber carries the ball more 20 times more than once over the regular season, then you can come back with that argument. Until then, he is a very good, complimentary back.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                                When Marion Barber carries the ball more 20 times more than once over the regular season, then you can come back with that argument. Until then, he is a very good, complimentary back.
                                I think he can be a back that carries more than 20 times a game. He just hasn't been given that opportunity yet. Regardless the list of players who hold a trade value of 2 first rounders is small, and Marion Barber isn't on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information