No Salary Cap in 2011?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

double. oooops

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
      Awesome! All your best players are belong to us!
      http://www.nypost.com/video/?vxSiteI...&vxBitrate=300

Yeah, I know it's corny.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

The NFL salary cap system is the best designed and implemented in the world across any sport. It would suck to see it go. I can barely stand the mainstream attention big market teams get as it is now, can't imagine how tedious it would get when they're all actually good teams thanks to their buying power.

Comment

Sounds good to me :)

Comment

Great news
            RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Wouldn't really change anything for the Redskins....

Try to buy a championship and still....lose.
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

That wont happen, the owners will tell the players to eff off if they think they are going to be salary cap free.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                  The NFL salary cap system is the best designed and implemented in the world across any sport.
                  Really? You think it's a good idea that the number one overall pick is automatically the highest paid player? You're kidding, right? The NBA got the salary cap right.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                    Wouldn't really change anything for the Redskins....

Try to buy a championship and still....lose.
                    Please, if there was no salary cap we would easily be a top 5 team every year
                    RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                      Please, if there was no salary cap we would easily be a top 5 team every year
                      And why???? Because it wouldnt be a fair playing field. Winning a superbowl with a cap would be alot harder then winning without one for the rich teams. Therefore if you win with the salary cap your team deserves alot of credit and respect. Part of the reason the NFL is better then alot of other sports is because of the salary cap which gives an even playing field.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                        Really? You think it's a good idea that the number one overall pick is automatically the highest paid player? You're kidding, right? The NBA got the salary cap right.
                        What the hell has that got to do with the salary cap? That's related to the CBA. The NFL salary cap system is indeed the best. It is a hard cap that works, punishing teams who overspend (well, when there isn't a freebie spike like we recently had anyway). The NBA allows teams to go over the cap any time they want as long as the team is whilling to pay for it, plus the contract system is a total mess, where players are acquired in trades entirely for salary cap reasons.

Comment

I would absolutely hate it. That's all I really have to say.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

The perfect word i got from chad johnson, BOO-NO

Comment

It wouldn't be the same as baseball, as most of that disparity is due to certain teams owning their own broadcasting channels. I don't think teams like the Packers, who's season ticket list is several decades long, would suffer all that much. That said, the current system helps keep owners who just eat shared revenue investing in their teams, and it would certainly be more difficult without a standard to hold everyone to.

I like the cap, it creates a situation where winning is a matter of being smarter with your money, not just simply having more.

Comment

This is a bad idea as everyone has already stated, and would wipe out at least five teams in a matter of a decade, which is not good at all.
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information