Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Player signs largest contract for a DT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Player signs largest contract for a DT

    And it's not who you think (Haynesworth).

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3269154

    Tommy Kelly re-signed with the Raiders for 7 years and $50.5 million. The plan is for Oakland to permanently move him to 3-tech UT.

    Still looking at Dorsey or Ellis? I think with Kelly locked up, Ellis might be a better fit perhaps?

    Oldie but a goodie.

  • #2
    This comes on the heals of the news that the Raiders will likely re-sign DE Chris Clemons to to "highly lucrative" contract sometime in the next week or so.

    That really muddles up what to do with the Raiders' defensive line, and especially the draft. Do you still draft Dorsey or Ellis to pair the rookie with Kelly inside? Or do you wait for the later rounds to draft the player that you really need--a 2-gap DT? Or do you draft a DE even if the Raiders re-sign Clemons? Gholston? Chris Long?

    Oldie but a goodie.

    Comment


    • #3
      Is this Oakland trying to make a statement? wow. Dorsey should still be our top option come draft time unless Chris Long is somehow still there.

      Comment


      • #4
        Way to overpay for an average player.

        Comment


        • #5
          wow I know it's 2 different posistions but if Kelly gets 50.5 how much will Jared Allen get

          Comment


          • #6
            Quick thoughts:

            1. Interesting deal certainly, topping by a bit Cory Redding last year who the Lions signed to a huge deal. There may be more than one common thread there.

            2. Keep in mind that the Raiders signed Terdell Sands to a 4-year, $17M deal before the 07 season.

            3. Considering the outrageous money these 3 tech projects are getting, only confirms that a truly elite 3 tech like Tommie Harris is going to command more.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
              This comes on the heals of the news that the Raiders will likely re-sign DE Chris Clemons to to "highly lucrative" contract sometime in the next week or so.

              That really muddles up what to do with the Raiders' defensive line, and especially the draft. Do you still draft Dorsey or Ellis to pair the rookie with Kelly inside? Or do you wait for the later rounds to draft the player that you really need--a 2-gap DT? Or do you draft a DE even if the Raiders re-sign Clemons? Gholston? Chris Long?
              In other news, the FBI has put a warrant out on for the arrest of Tommy Kelly. Charges are highway robbery.

              Comment


              • #8
                Kelly and his agent didn't put a gun to the Raiders' head, forcing them to offer the deal.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                  wow I know it's 2 different posistions but if Kelly gets 50.5 how much will Jared Allen get
                  I'm just glad we locked up Justin Tuck for seven years at a little over 30 million.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    Kelly and his agent didn't put a gun to the Raiders' head, forcing them to offer the deal.
                    Which makes it even worse.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I said it in the other thread, and I will say it here. Is this a joke? I mean seriously what would compell them to give this guy 50.5 mil?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If we don't draft Gholston, I sure hope you guys do so NE or NY doesn't get him!

                        Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Dude, stop, let us first lock up Tommie :(

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think this eliminates the Raiders from using their #4 pick on a DT. I can't see them investing that much at DT. This signing floors me.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              I'm just glad we locked up Justin Tuck for seven years at a little over 30 million.
                              S-T-E-A-L



                              But who are the Raiders looking at now if Mcfadden goes before them to Dallas just for arguments sake? Only person I can think of is Gholston.





                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information