No announcement yet.

Corey Williams To Cleveland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't actually expect Grant to be moved, but unless I'm mistaken, Grant actually has an option bonus coming up, so if they did want to move him, with his poor production, off-field concerns, and Will Smith needing a big deal soon, I was under the impression it would be now.

Although maybe I have the bonus year wrong. Could be next year.

Comment

That Grant signing was terrible at the time. That money should have been saved for Will Smith.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        That Grant signing was terrible at the time. That money should have been saved for Will Smith.
        Horrible? I'd hardly call it that. DE's got paid big money, and when they signed, he'd come off a 6 sack year, which for a guy his size, isn't bad. He'd also started his career with 7, 10, 10.5, 2.5 sacks. Overall, good production, and their lack of an interior push perhaps was a motivating factor (don't remember exactly).

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
          Horrible? I'd hardly call it that. DE's got paid big money, and when they signed, he'd come off a 6 sack year, which for a guy his size, isn't bad. He'd also started his career with 7, 10, 10.5, 2.5 sacks. Overall, good production, and their lack of an interior push perhaps was a motivating factor (don't remember exactly).
          I callled it terrible, not horrible.;)

6 sacks?? 6 SACKS!?!?!!

That should get you benched, not a 20 mil bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            I've liked Ted Thompson almost from the very beginning, but I think the Packers are going to have to at least make a Superbowl to put that mantle on him. The fact that Favre is still their most important player is a bit of a tarnish on that as well considering that TT obviously had nothing to do with that.
            Yeah, I can see you point there but there is no denying how savy he really has become. I think time will show(as it is beginning to) that he is an elite GM.

BTW did Emmit Smith really say that?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              Yeah, I can see you point there but there is no denying how savy he really has become. I think time will show(as it is beginning to) that he is an elite GM.

BTW did Emmit Smith really say that?
              Well it sounded like rice....I wouldn't put it past him. There is a youtube clip somewhere.

Comment

I think that's the same rice they throw at weddings. Rice of passage.

As for Williams, I wonder what the long-term deal the Browns will sign him to will be.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

The way things have been going, 8 mill a year...
                  I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Browns fans better hope they don't give him a Tommy Kelley deal, haha.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Schefter confirms the trade, it seems.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I wonder what kind of deal he would sign.

Isaac Sopoaga and Jay Ratliff, both 3-4 DL, signed similar contracts (5 years, 20 million). Id say corey williams is probably better than both, but how much of an increase of those two deals would he be looking at? 30, 40 million total?
                        Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 02-28-2008, 11:35 PM.

Comment

I'll make an official guess:

6 years $48 million, $18 Million guaranteed
                          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                            Schefter confirms the trade, it seems.
                            Muy Bein!
                            I'm going to look so stupid for asking this, but how the heck does one find these breaking reports from NFL.com.(Schefter in particular). I can't figure that damn site out because in electronic terms I'm the one that flew over the cuckoo's nest.

Also, how stupid does the Justin Harrell pick look now?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

Comment

so browns will not have 1st day pick i hope we get someone good

Comment

Upon acquiring DE Corey Williams from the Packers, FOXSports' Jay Glazer reports the Browns will sign him to a "lucrative, long-term deal."
                                Williams should be on the phone thanking Al Davis for setting the market outrageously high with the deal he gave Tommy Kelly. Unlike Kelly, Williams is coming off a healthy season. He's also been much more productive.
                                Source: FOXSports.com
                                Locking him up, obviously.

they get smoked.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information