Vilma to the Saints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
    It could go either way. Some people recover just fine from bone chip removal. But on the other end, I know someone that had bone chips removed from their elbow and it was never the same. So who knows. I'd bet that he'll recover perfectly though.
    You could possibly chalk that up to average doctors/surgeons. We are talking the best of the best when you're a pro athlete.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
      If its that bad, thats why the jets are giving him away, and for not as much. Its not just because of David Harris.
      "Always bet on stupidity". The Jets just fleeced themselves. Good job New Orleans, if true, you just moved one step closer back to the playoffs. :(

Comment

Mark Simoneau to Jonathan Vilma. This is going to be a HUGE upgrade.

Comment

This is a fantastic deal for the Saints if it is true. With Vilma's salary off the books I wonder if the Jets are going after some big-name FA's and/or Gholston?

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Ouch. Conditional 09 huh. Ouch. That said, I guess, if you do future value calculations, it comes out to basically the value that was expected for an 08 pick (3rd-4th). I don't get the Jets not pursuing a current year pick instead, though. That said, 09 could be a deeper year, albeit not at QB.

Comment

This is a low risk/high reward for NO...if it works out they got a huge steal, if not it was well worth the risk, he's going to be making plays if he can go, he could change that whole defense if he gets back to old form.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

It also gives the Saints a lot more flexibility. They can still pursue a Shockey and try to work something with the 3rd and more perhaps. Or they could pursue another veteran. Or maybe they get bold and try to shoot up the draft boards for a DT. A lot of options now.

Comment

Still kinda curious as to what they do with the 10th. Is it Rivers? Is it a corner? Man, I love this time of year!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

If the rumors about Samuel to Philly are true, which I kinda hope are just because I don't want to give someone a 10 year deal..I guess that means they can stay at 10 and take the best corner on the board (Aqib Talib? McKelvin? Maybe Rogers-Cromartie, if you want to reach a little bit?)

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                      Ouch. Conditional 09 huh. Ouch. That said, I guess, if you do future value calculations, it comes out to basically the value that was expected for an 08 pick (3rd-4th). I don't get the Jets not pursuing a current year pick instead, though. That said, 09 could be a deeper year, albeit not at QB.
                      I don't understand why a 2nd in 09 is worth about a 3rd this year?? If we have the chance of getting a 2nd next year wouldn't that be better than a 3rd this year?? I dont understand the logic??

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

How about we trade down and pick up and extra 2nd or 3rd and get Cason, DRC, or Talib in the late first? Or we could just team Rivers up with Vilma and Fujita to form a hell of a trio and pick a corner in the 2nd. I doubt all of the top corners are gone by the time we pick in the 2nd. Or do we get lucky and have Dorsey fall in our laps?

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Talib won't be around late in the first, imo.

DRC..seems like he will but his stock has been soaring lately. Hes probably my favorite corner after Aqib, though.

Comment

Maybe he and Deuce McAllister will rehab their bum knees together...

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              Maybe he and Deuce McAllister will rehab their bum knees together...
                              Drew Brees worked out fine...
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                                Drew Brees worked out fine...
                                Drew Brees had a bum knee?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information