Vilma to the Saints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vilma to the Saints

I was checking www.nfl.com and my eyes came upon this information....

Saints nearing Vilma
    Posted by Jimmy Smith, The Times-Picayune February 28, 2008 7:51PM
    Categories: Saints
    The Saints are close to finalizing a deal that will bring middle linebacker Jonathan Vilma to the team in a trade with the New York Jets, league sources said.

The deal could be announced as early as later Thursday night or sometime on Friday.

Vilma, 6 foot 1, 230 pounds, is a four-year NFL veteran.

He played in nine games for New York, his season shortened by knee surgery. He had 43 total tackles in the nine games he played in 2007 for the Jets.

As a big time Jets fan its sad to see him go becuase he was once "the future" of our team but Mangini feels otherwise. Hope we get decent value either some OLB/DE or picks...

Via BoneKrusher

Saints need it, if they can get some corners and d ends they will be able to stop somebody.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

It's said to see him go. I like Mangini but hate him for implementing the 3-4, it is completely retarted to run it with a weak personnel. What is he being traded for?

Comment

knees are bad, but like him as a player and person, hope he does well.

Comment

Not official yet...
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Gang Green View Post
            It's said to see him go. I like Mangini but hate him for implementing the 3-4, it is completely retarted to run it with a weak personnel. What is he being traded for?
            pick next year depending on his production, so how well he does and how many snaps he plays (like Deion Branch trade to Seattle from Pats)

Comment

I google imaged Vilma and I got this.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Detroit fans can't be happy about missing out on Vilma.

Comment

I won't start celebrating til there is a press conference.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

assuming this is true, I believe Shawn Rogers may be headed out west to either Oakland or Denver. Both teams were showing a lot of interest and want to bolster up their line.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      that just means shaun rogers will be coming to jacksonville...

Comment

Why? Vilma dosen't play wide receiver.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see detroit still pull it out. I honestly don't beleive anything until 12:01 tommorrow morning, and than i won't beleive it until it's made official by the teams themselves.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Inless we got that three way trade goin down becuase I heard that Denver had a lot of interest in Dewayne Robertson also...but so did Jacksonville...who knows..LETS GET TO F/A ALREADY!!!

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

Saints | Team close to acquiring Vilma?
                              Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:08:32 -0800

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports the New Orleans Saints are close to acquiring New York Jets LB Jonathan Vilma, according to two sources. The Jets will receive a conditional draft pick, likely in the 2009 NFL Draft, based on Vilma's production, according to a league source.

Just make this happen. Please?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information