No announcement yet.

Patriot Fans Getting Nervous?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patriots probably will sign Moss sometime soon. I don't see a team giving him an offer that much better than what New England gives him considering New England gives him far and away the best chance at getting top statistics and a super bowl shot.

Comment

I am pretty much ready to consider him as good as gone. It's abundantly clear that he is holding out for every last nickel he can get. Either that or the Pats were completely ******** and low-balled him.

They need to get their heads out of their asses and get this done. At this point, we are already going to HAVE to put together an Indianapolis Colts style team that relies on outscoring the opponents and losing Moss just won't cut it.

So far no one has come out with any concrete report based on anything other then speculation, but it is getting tough to hold out hope that he's coming back...

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
        I think the Patriots have shown by now that they can compete with wide receivers the likes of Jabar Gaffney, Reche Caldwell, and David Givens, and make those receivers into suitable starters when they haven't found much success anywhere else. Same thing goes for corner - Hank Poteat, Troy Brown, Earthwind Moreland? We might not be a juggernaut without Moss/Samuel, but we could still win the Super Bowl.
        That was back when their defense was elite instead of ancient. Now they're without one of their bgest defensive playmakers, and they're not gonna be getting any advantage from taping (cheating), which even Goodell has said they were doing since 2000.

I'm not gonna get into the whole subject again, my point however is this; The Pats need Randy desperately if they want another crack at the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
          I am pretty much ready to consider him as good as gone. It's abundantly clear that he is holding out for every last nickel he can get. Either that or the Pats were completely ******** and low-balled him.

They need to get their heads out of their asses and get this done. At this point, we are already going to HAVE to put together an Indianapolis Colts style team that relies on outscoring the opponents and losing Moss just won't cut it.

So far no one has come out with any concrete report based on anything other then speculation, but it is getting tough to hold out hope that he's coming back...
          Exactly what I said throughout the year. Im just too lazy to go back and look through all my posts, but like I said earlier, this one year of Randy being a "good" guy hasnt changed him from 13 years of being an "asshole". I always said that once he hits FA, and someone throws big money in his face, the Patriots or getting a ring wont really matter that much.

Comment

They didn't have any video all year and still set the NFL scoring record running the exact same, boring offense. Stop crying.

You are completely right that they can't lean on their defense next year, though...

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
              some sites say he could go to the Titans...I said it before they should have Tagged him.
              Probably more a rumor started by some uninformed source who put two and two together with the Titans' WR need and their cap space, without looking a little deeper. Fisher said last offseason when he was on the trading block he would not want Moss on his team. The Titans are a run first offense. VY is not ready to deliver an impatient #1 WR his 1400y seasons. The Titans spending big in free agency is a rarity. Under the conditions, I really think they rank #32 on Moss's list, and I don't see the FO wanting him anyway.

Point remains though, maybe they should have tagged him.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                Exactly what I said throughout the year. Im just too lazy to go back and look through all my posts, but like I said earlier, this one year of Randy being a "good" guy hasnt changed him from 13 years of being an "asshole". I always said that once he hits FA, and someone throws big money in his face, the Patriots or getting a ring wont really matter that much.
                Well, we don't know what the Patriots are doing, either. If they are coming out and trying to take advantage of Moss by low-balling him, then they deserve this smack in the face.

Comment

With an aging defense that just lost a LB and 2 starting CB's I think they should be worried about losing Moss. This team has been fairl exsposed by the Giants on how to beat them and without a dominate deep threat WR to keep teams honest, the plan will only work better.

Keep in mind that if this team gets busted for Spygate 2, the rumor is Bill Belicheat will be forced out.

I see the Patriots falling fast.

Comment

PFT is talking about Randy maybe heading to Philly.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

I hope that Tom goes wherever Randy goes for real...some place with a mediocre OL to show how much of a BUM he is. Actually, I'd rather see the Pats just fall apart...buncha cheaters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                        Well, we don't know what the Patriots are doing, either. If they are coming out and trying to take advantage of Moss by low-balling him, then they deserve this smack in the face.
                        Yeah, I know what you mean. But like it was prevously stated, we can work with no name guys, and a corps of Welker, Gaffney, Jackson and Washinton (maybe if they are re-signed). Then again, we had a defense in their prime who bailed us out. To be honest though, I dont see the front having any problems. When I say front, I mean the front 5. Wilfork, Seymour, Warren, Thomas and Vrabel are great, and right now are at the top of their game. The inside guys (although I love him to death) Bruschi is getting olde, but I have no doubts about him. Im not too worried about the defense right now.

After all, they really didnt A BAD job this season, and didnt really get "burned" or "eaten" as everyone on this board is suggesting.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgBone View Post
                          With an aging defense that just lost a LB and 2 starting CB's I think they should be worried about losing Moss. This team has been fairl exsposed by the Giants on how to beat them and without a dominate deep threat WR to keep teams honest, the plan will only work better.

Keep in mind that if this team gets busted for Spygate 2, the rumor is Bill Belicheat will be forced out.

I see the Patriots falling fast.
                          Yippee!!! There is a god!
                          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

I would be getting nervous if I were a Pats fan. They are going to lose both of their starting CBs, and have holes to fill at LB with (name inserted here) being cut and Seau having surgery. Moss is questionable, but he may be back anyway, but a good third WR in Stallworth is gone.
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Though to be honest, the Giants are losing a lot as well. They may not be losing the calibur of starters, but they sure are losing a lot.
                              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                                I would be getting nervous if I were a Pats fan. They are going to lose both of their starting CBs, and have holes to fill at LB with (name inserted here) being cut and Seau having surgery. Moss is questionable, but he may be back anyway, but a good third WR in Stallworth is gone.
                                Losing both CB's? LB being cut and we have holes to fill? The OLB are one of the best duo's in the league, and we have a reliable Tedy Bruschi in the middle. We just have the one spot to fill. But we do have guys like Eric alexander and Pierre Woods who have shown bright flashes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information