No announcement yet.

Jags sign WR Jerry Porter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter won't stretch the field at all, and he isn't quite as physical as he used to be, but he'll catch everything. At that cost though, I don't think he's really worth it.

Comment

porter is not a terrible wr. he can be pretty good if he trys

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
        you're always going to overpay for less than stellar talent...if the Jaguars had not given Porter that deal, some other team would have...
        You're right... and the Jags are that team who just overpaid. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
          Porter won't stretch the field at all, and he isn't quite as physical as he used to be, but he'll catch everything. At that cost though, I don't think he's really worth it.
          well...who in this free agency period is worth the money they are going to be paid....everyone over spends...it's the nature of the beast...

I think Porter will be a decent compliment to Reggie Williams...

Comment

Raiders might have had some QB issues last season but Porter still failed to post a 100 yard game. I've always liked his skill set and he should turn out to be a nice role player on an already great offense.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              In comparison, the Cowboys extended Crayton prior to the start of FA during the season at a deal worth 4 years, $14M. That's how you do it.
              Crayton isn't near as good as Berrian or Porter, so it stands to reason he'd get paid much less.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                well...who in this free agency period is worth the money they are going to be paid....everyone over spends...it's the nature of the beast...

I think Porter will be a decent compliment to Reggie Williams...
                I guess I don't support paying what used to be #1 wideout money to guy who's probably best suited to be a #3 no matter what the market climate is, but that may just be a reaction to my favorite team's own ******** deals.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                  Raiders might have had some QB issues last season but Porter still failed to post a 100 yard game. I've always liked his skill set and he should turn out to be a nice role player on an already great offense.
                  I don't expect him to come in and be the number one guy...I do expect him to but up better numbers though due to having a better QB...

I think the Jaguars now have a unique set of WR's...

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    Crayton isn't near as good as Berrian or Porter, so it stands to reason he'd get paid much less.
                    And how exactly do you justify that?

Comment

Justify what? My opinion that Crayton isn't near as good as Berrian and Porter?

I don't know, it's an opinion. The guy isn't even a good #2 imo, he's servicable at best. He's a good #3 I suppose, which is what he essentially is in Dallas with TO and Witten being Romo's primary targets as well they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        And how exactly do you justify that?
                        I don't think there's any question that Berrian is a much better player and prospect than Crayton. Crayton is a career #3 guy. He's got solid intangibles but really offers no upside at all. If he was playing for the Bills nobody would even know who he is.

I agree that it was a crafty resign by the Cowboys, but it's wrong to think that Crayton would command that much money on the open market. He resigned for pretty cheap to be the #3 guy for a reason.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Did I miss a season or something? When the hell did Patrick Crayton become Greg Jennings? He's a decent guy who can play in a very talented Cowboys offense and put up good production because of it, but that's it.

In the case of Berrian and Porter, both guys are borderline #1s in my mind. Or at least, very good #2s. But they need to go to good offenses.

Comment

well...Porter has gone to a very good offense...I think it's safe to say that Porter can be very productive in a good offense...

Comment

I agree for the most part. With Garrard at quarterback and the offense line staying strong (Mo Williams needs to be replaced I believe), he'll bounce back closer to his earlier years in Oakland.

I think the Colts will have to keep Marlin Jackson at RCB in their nickel defense, to keep on him. Play a smaller guy on Northcutt in the slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                                I agree for the most part. With Garrard at quarterback and the offense line staying strong (Mo Williams needs to be replaced I believe), he'll bounce back closer to his earlier years in Oakland.

I think the Colts will have to keep Marlin Jackson at RCB in their nickel defense, to keep on him. Play a smaller guy on Northcutt in the slot.
                                I would love for the Jags to resign Mo Williams but he will get paid very handsomely....we have guys who can step in for him though, mainly Richard Collier and Uche Nwaneri

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information