X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jags sign WR Jerry Porter

let's see if i can get this one right. Jags sign Jerry Porter

Matthew 19:26
    Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Have you got a link???

Comment

it's being reported by PFT...

it's a good move...

Comment

assuming jerry plays nice ... this could be a great move for them. He could give them their most versatile WR. This would also give them draft flexibility to bolt up for a DE if they wanted, because as it currently stands, DE value is gonna be borderline at their current spot.

Comment

yea, if they don't get a DE here in FA I would look for them to trade up in the first round to try to get a DE that can come in and start right away...

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3270901, they also SIGNED CLEO LEMON, Cleo Lemon was a good pickup for a backup. Hes much more qualified than Quinn Gray. As for Jerry Porter, I like the move but I dont like that its a 6 Year Deal. Im sure the only way they could get him is with a long term deal. Jax is now 8 deep at Wideout, I wonder if Reggie Williams has worn him welcome out along with Matt Jones?

Comment

Originally posted by CARDIAC CAT 7 View Post
              http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3270901, they also SIGNED CLEO LEMON, Cleo Lemon was a good pickup for a backup. Hes much more qualified than Quinn Gray. As for Jerry Porter, I like the move but I dont like that its a 6 Year Deal. Im sure the only way they could get him is with a long term deal. Jax is now 8 deep at Wideout, I wonder if Reggie Williams has worn him welcome out along with Matt Jones?
              how could a guy who caught 10 td passes have worn out his welcome in Jax...

come on, be intelligent...

Comment

6 years, $30 million contract, with $10 million guaranteed. LOL.

Comment

Hope it works out. I think the Jags really needed to just flush out everyone in the WR department and start over.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    6 years, $30 million contract, with $10 million guaranteed. LOL.
                    who's better that was available?

I'm not sold on Berrian being better...he's just better speed and everyone covets that...

the Jaguars have a history of overpaying for people that everyone else thinks is not worth it...

Brian Williams (turned out to be pretty good)
                    Tony Pashos (great signing)
                    Reggie Hayward (great signing until he tore his Achilles)

Comment

Who are the Jags WRs now? Is Matt Jones a FA?
                      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                        Who are the Jags WRs now? Is Matt Jones a FA?
                        you've got

Reggie Williams (10 td's in 2007)
                        Jerry Porter (7 td's in 2007)
                        Dennis Northcutt
                        Troy Williamson
                        Mike Walker
                        Matt Jones
                        John Broussard

Matt Jones is not a FA but he could be cut before the season starts...

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                          how could a guy who caught 10 td passes have worn out his welcome in Jax...

come on, be intelligent...
                          He average 2-3 catches a game as basically a starter for Jacksonville, and what type of reciever do you think Jerry Porter is, hes basically a upgraded version of Reggie Williams. I hope your right and they keep Reggie Williams but they are loaded at wideout.
                          1. Joey Porter
                          2. Dennis Northcutt
                          3. Reggie Williams
                          4. Troy Williamson
                          5. John Broussard
                          6. Mike Walker
                          (This assuming Matt Jones will be cut and Ernest Wilford is not offered a contract.)

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                            who's better that was available?

I'm not sold on Berrian being better...he's just better speed and everyone covets that...

the Jaguars have a history of overpaying for people that everyone else thinks is not worth it...

Brian Williams (turned out to be pretty good)
                            Tony Pashos (great signing)
                            Reggie Hayward (great signing until he tore his Achilles)
                            It's not about who's better and yes, Berrian has better hands. But it's the fact that teams continue to pay these guys big money just because they are the best available. They aren't paying them according to their talent worth... they are paying according to availability worth.

In comparison, the Cowboys extended Crayton prior to the start of FA during the season at a deal worth 4 years, $14M. That's how you do it.

Comment

that's because Crayton wanted to stay with the Cowboys...

you're always going to overpay for less than stellar talent...if the Jaguars had not given Porter that deal, some other team would have...

they extended Crayton during the middle of the season I thought?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information