Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parcells reels in Wilford, Torbor and Starks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
    I think he mite be moved inside. Considering we have JT, Joey and are talking with Pace. I assume they signed Torber knowing he wasn't gonna get time Outside. So yea we need a guy next to Channing Crowder inside. I could see Torber getting some time in a rotation at ILB next to Crowder if a top guy doesn't fall to us in the draft.
    Torbor would definitely be an OLB in Miami. He is horrible in coverage was played DE in college. I think everything points to him being a 3-4 OLB.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Everything we do is subjective, you know that. It goes both ways, as I need nobody's permission to move/close/deleate/etc.

If that many people care, so be it, but I find "Dolphins sign lots of uninteresting people" about as relevant as the "Bengals sign nobody" thread.

Like I said, schwatever. Admin away.

Like you said, it's subjective. You might find the signing to be uninteresting but many people think Wilford, Smiley, Pace and Starks would be great additions to their teams and those are guys they wanna talk about.

Comment

Yep called it yesterday, good move for a young qb like Beck, he contrast Ginn perfectly.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
          Torbor would definitely be an OLB in Miami. He is horrible in coverage was played DE in college. I think everything points to him being a 3-4 OLB.
          Just cause he was a DE in college doesn't mean he will move to OLB. The Dolphins need a run thumper inside since Zach is gone and Torbor can do that in a rotation. There's been plenty of college DEs that move to ILB in the 3-4.

Comment

and we are expected to sign Calvin Pace and Luke McCown none really grossly overpaid either

You must mean Josh McCown, unless your trading with the Bucs.

Comment

Well this is not good for the Jets. But I applaud the Dolphins. This is how every last place team should be in the off season. They knew they needed new talent and they are getting it. Great job
              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by tylerb929 View Post
                You must me Josh McCown, unless your trading with the Bucs.
                Yea sorry, Josh. I've been calling him Luke all day and I've been able to catch myself and change it before I post until this one. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09
                  yea he has. 5 years, 21 million and 7 million guaranteed. Not too bad for a 24 year old guy with some high upside.
                  Holy **** did you guys get ripped off!

Starks would play UT next to Albert Haynesworth in our 4-3 DEF, and still get absolutely manhandled by the OL. Man am I glad to see him go, and so is every other Titans fan. We've been waiting for this guy's upside and potential to finally show through for 3 seasons. No doubt he has talent, but he is a zero effort player. And with this contract, I wouldn't expect his motor to all of the sudden start running, unfortunately.

No way he can play NT in the 3-4. His only chance is at DE, and I don't think it's very good. You guys bought yourself a nice backup at worst. I do hope he gets his act together, though. Ex-Titans usually boom or bust.
                  Last edited by TitanHope; 02-29-2008, 04:00 PM.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

well... Dolphins just signed Josh Mccown...

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?...o&confirm=true

I'm guessing you wanted him on the Saints?

He, Smiley and Eugene Wilson and Jacque Reeves where the 4 main guys I wanted in FA.

They got Smiley and Starks. I know Reeves is visiting the entire planet and will be overpaid so I'm over him but has anyone heard anything about Wilson.
                      Why would you want Jacques Reeves? He is arguably the worst corner in the NFL, and is constantly picked on in coverage.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Randy Starks? But I thought Miami was actually trying to improve.

Comment

Starks can be a good rotational guy...but they paid too much money for him...

Comment

Well, since this thread is sticking around, I guess I'll comment here as well.

I like the moves. Gotta love Ferguson for a 6th swap and a future 6th. Solid veteran move.

McCown? Solid stopgap QB. Buys time for Ryan, Flacco, another prospect ... or even Beck. Although with McCown there and the likelihood high of drafting a QB, I'd shop Beck to see if I could get anything.

Wilford? Fine possession target.

Starks? Underachiever, but a try in the 3-4 could be intriguing with his skillset.

Torbor? I'm thinking OLB, and I'm thinking adios Joey Porter.

David Kircus? no thoughts there.

Smiley? Well, 3/5th of the OL is there now. Of course, the LT spot is the key.

I think the most telling thing will be if they sign Pace. If that's the case, it screams Taylor is being moved for picks ... and it could also scream that OLB isn't the direction at 1.

A lot of intriguing moves so far, and steps in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                              Why would you want Jacques Reeves? He is arguably the worst corner in the NFL, and is constantly picked on in coverage.
                              Have you met Jason David? Guess not.
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                                Well, since this thread is sticking around, I guess I'll comment here as well.

I like the moves. Gotta love Ferguson for a 6th swap and a future 6th. Solid veteran move.

McCown? Solid stopgap QB. Buys time for Ryan, Flacco, another prospect ... or even Beck. Although with McCown there and the likelihood high of drafting a QB, I'd shop Beck to see if I could get anything.

Wilford? Fine possession target.

Starks? Underachiever, but a try in the 3-4 could be intriguing with his skillset.

Torbor? I'm thinking OLB, and I'm thinking adios Joey Porter.

David Kircus? no thoughts there.

Smiley? Well, 3/5th of the OL is there now. Of course, the LT spot is the key.

I think the most telling thing will be if they sign Pace. If that's the case, it screams Taylor is being moved for picks ... and it could also scream that OLB isn't the direction at 1.

A lot of intriguing moves so far, and steps in the right direction.

It's already been reported numerous times that Parcells has already sat down and spoken with Jason Taylor and that they are on the same page and Taylor will be a Dolphin next season. Barring some team offering a 1st and another pick, or something crazy, he's here next year.

Don't see why Titan fans are all up on arms about the money we gave Starks. I'd take him over Tommy Kelly any day. Oh course the guy has problem with his game and he doesn't give consistent effort. I wouldn't expect a 24 year old kid with his physical ability to hit the open market if he didn't have some issues.

What's stopping the kid from maturing as he reaches his mid 20s and starts hitting his prime? He only got 7 million guaranteed so it's not like we will be set back at all if we cut him. He's got great physical tools, he's a young kid and your risk is limited with a small amount of guaranteed money so it's worth a gamble on him to see if he handles a move to 3-4 DE well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information