Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calvin Pace to NYJ

By Bucky Brooks, SI.com

According to a league source, the Dolphins have agreed to terms with free agent defensive end Calvin Pace.

The fifth-year pro is coming off his best season after recording 98 tackles, including 6 1/2 sacks. The financial terms haven't been disclosed but is believed to include over $20 million in guaranteed money.

Pace's signing leaves Joey Porter's status with the team in limbo after being the team's marquee signing a season ago.

wow...Pace is not worth 20 mil guaranteed...what is Parcells doing...

this just means Justin Smith's price tag will sky rocket even further...

Comment

Hahaha...I knew this would happen. I even told one of the Dolphins fans to wait for the other shoe to drop before ripping on fans of other teams for overpaying.

What a joke.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Somebody post an updated projected starting line up after all the movement.

Parcells is hurricane shopping.

Comment

Who?

Lol, no seriously...

Who?

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            Hahaha...I knew this would happen. I even told one of the Dolphins fans to wait for the other shoe to drop before ripping on fans of other teams for overpaying.

What a joke.
            it's getting ridiculous...

now even a player such as Antwan Odom or Travis Laboy, or hell even Bobby McCray will command $20 million dollars now...

Comment

Well if you look at it this way. They saved themselves 10 million getting Pace rather then paying 30 million to an unproven rookie in Chris Long or Vernon Gholston. I think the Dolphins are going OT Jake Long with the #1 pick and Joe Flacco with the high second rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
                Well if you look at it this way. They saved themselves 10 million getting Pace rather then paying 30 million to an unproven rookie in Chris Long or Vernon Gholston. I think the Dolphins are going OT Jake Long with the #1 pick and Joe Flacco with the high second rounder.
                Yeah but they are probably sacrificing 5-6 sacks a year too. I mean...I understand that it gives them the ability to now either go with Long or Matt Ryan, but still....20 million for a guy whose career year is 6 1/2 sacks? Meh...

Comment

Personally, I think this paves the way for a trade down or McFadden. Ryan would really shock me and IMO, I just can't see Parcells taking Jake Long #1 overall.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Yeah but they are probably sacrificing 5-6 sacks a year too. I mean...I understand that it gives them the ability to now either go with Long or Matt Ryan, but still....20 million for a guy whose career year is 6 1/2 sacks? Meh...
                    Bobby Fricking McCray had a 10 sack season....scary to think what he will get...

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Somebody post an updated projected starting line up after all the movement.

Parcells is hurricane shopping.
                      Perhaps a more knowleadgable Dolphins fan could correctly but I'm thinking something like...

DE- Matt Roth
                      DT- Jason Ferguson
                      DE- Vonnie Holiday

OLB- Jason Taylor
                      ILB- Channing Crowder
                      ILB- Charlie Anderson/Reggie Torbor
                      OLB- Calvin Pace

Comment

I like this move. Sure, it's overpaying, but that's the market.

It'll be interesting what impact this means for the draft. Torbor could start at OLB ... or he could slide inside to ILB. He's not a great talent, but he was miscast as a 4-3 OLB early in his career.

This does give the leeway for Parcells to wait a bit on drafting an edge guy. If not OLB, but my guess here would be Ryan, because of the possibility of finding a solid OT with the 32nd pick. Then again, it could be Chris Long, with Torbor sliding inside. I'd still go OLB/QB at the top. Just not sold on Jake Long there yet.

Comment

seems like the Dolphins are trying to build through FA so far

Comment

OLB Calvin Pace ILB Reggie Torbor ILB Channing Crowder OLB Jason Taylor

OLB Matt Roth
                            OLB Joey Porter???? Possible cut???
                            OLB Reggie Torbor (bench or start in the inside)
                            OLB Abraham Wright

DE Randy Starks DT Jason Ferguson DE Vonnie Holliday
                            DE Rodrique Wright DT Paul Solai DE ?????????????

LT
                            LG
                            C Samson Satele
                            RG Justin Smiley
                            RT Vernon Carey

QB Josh McCown,John Beck, ???????

Total secondary needed

Comment

Perhaps a more knowleadgable Dolphins fan could correctly but I'm thinking something like...

DE- Matt Roth
                              DT- Jason Ferguson
                              DE- Vonnie Holiday

OLB- Jason Taylor
                              ILB- Channing Crowder
                              ILB- Charlie Anderson/Reggie Torbor
                              OLB- Calvin Pace
                              They did sign Randy Starks. My guess would be Starks/Ferguson/Competition (probably a rookie will get added as well). OLB looks possible depending on what other moves are made.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information