Who is on the Chopping/Trading Block

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is on the Chopping/Trading Block

Hey, I was wondering who is "on the chopping block" at what positions. So if you guys could post who is on the block at what position and on what team, that would be awesome.
    Last edited by OSUGiants17; 03-02-2008, 10:51 AM.

SPLOOSH

Just speculation, but I'm guessing Dewayne Robertson of the Jets will be cut if a trade partner isn't found before the draft. Don't see him as a Jet in 08-09 but this probably wouldn't happen for a while.

Comment

Wouldnt teams have cut the players they didnt want anymore, before March 1st?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
        Wouldnt teams have cut the players they didnt want anymore, before March 1st?
        There are gonna be some cuts commin after june.
        RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Mort Said that the bills could trade Lee Evans.
          Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Bears lookin to trade Griese
            Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
            Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
              Just speculation, but I'm guessing Dewayne Robertson of the Jets will be cut if a trade partner isn't found before the draft. Don't see him as a Jet in 08-09 but this probably wouldn't happen for a while.
              His salary takes up a lot of the cap, but I don't think they'll cut him. If they can't trade him, they'll probably work him in a rotation at DL, possibly at DE, and definitely for pass rushing situations. I think they'll find a trade partner, DT seems to be a hot position this off season.
              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

I think they will too, actually. 3rd and a 5th seems to be the go. He may not get quite that though.

BTW, the June 1st cut is no longer as significant as I believe teams can now assign one or two veterans for cutting any time before June 1st but their cap hit is still prorated over the next two years. This was part of the prior CBA extension I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                  His salary takes up a lot of the cap, but I don't think they'll cut him. If they can't trade him, they'll probably work him in a rotation at DL, possibly at DE, and definitely for pass rushing situations. I think they'll find a trade partner, DT seems to be a hot position this off season.
                  Bingo..

I definitely don't see them cutting him, especially since they'd be trading him to help financially...cutting him wouldn't do that, they'd still have part of his contract affecting their cap I believe?

I'd say there's a strong possibility he can get a 3rd for him, he's really become a very good pass rushing DT, and I think Jets fans underrate him a little. I don't think he'll get what the other premier DT's are going for though, possibly he'll get a 4th and a 5th or a 4th and future pick, but I think a 3rd's a possibility.
                  Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

i want him to team with albert haynesworth

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                      i want him to team with albert haynesworth
                      That would be a scary interior line that leaves a scary hit on the cap.
                      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by Young Legend View Post
                        Mort Said that the bills could trade Lee Evans.
                        why would the bills ever consider doing that?

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

I'd do D-Rob for a 3rd and a 5th in a heartbeat, but doubt there would be any takers for that price. I heard Denver could be interested.

If we can't trade him, reconstructing his contract is a must.

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                            That would be a scary interior line that leaves a scary hit on the cap.
                            Im sure if the Titans traded for him they'd make sure he'd restructure his contract before they traded for him.

Comment

Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
                              why would the bills ever consider doing that?
                              That's exactly what I was thinking. Makes no sense to me..
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information