Randall *** signs with Saints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hes a league average guy, I guess.

But hey, thats an improvement for us. I'll take it.

Comment

Right now we'll have Usama Young, Jason David and Randall *** battling for the #2 CB spot. Not great, but not bad either. Hopefully we can draft Cromartie or whoever is the #1 ranked CB on the Saints board at 10, if Dorsey and Ellis are gone in the top 5.

Comment

When *** is healthy he is pretty good, but thats the issue usually. This has been a brutal week for the Pats.

Comment

*** they overpayed.

Comment

No, the Eagles overpaid for Samuels.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Actually, the Saints player personnel guy said *** excels at nickel and the #4 slot, and that's what they wanted him FOR. So he seems to be a depth signing.

Also, the Pats do play man-to-man sometimes aside from zone. The Saints also play a decent amount of zone on top of that.
              Last edited by Saints67; 03-02-2008, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Well, when one of your cornerbacks is so bad that opposing teams are gaining more yards per attempt throwing at him than throwing at uncovered recievers, you should do whatever it takes to eject his ass.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Randall is a very good player. He allowed only 5.8 YPA last year, and no deep balls were completed on him all season. Samuel allowed 6.4, and Jason David allowed something like 9.0 or 10.0.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                    Randall is a very good player. He allowed only 5.8 YPA last year, and no deep balls were completed on him all season. Samuel allowed 6.4, and Jason David allowed something like 9.0 or 10.0.
                    Jason David actually gave up 14.5 ypa. QBs averaged 11.9 ypa when throwing into a hole in zone coverage.

I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

I'm guessing he was signed for backup purposes, because he's not good enough to be a starter.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Good deal considering Jacque Reeves got more.

Comment

He can't be worse than Jason David, I think. Then again I think an athlete from the Special Olympics would be a better cover corner than Jason David.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            He can't be worse than Jason David, I think. Then again I think an athlete from the Special Olympics would be a better cover corner than Jason David.
                            Not having anyone there is actually better than Jason David.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information