Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and Worst offseasons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by FizzyFalcons View Post
    I kinda like the Tommy Kelly signing. He's young, has put up decent numbers.
    And with the going market for DT's being a couple day 2 picks, I dont think they really LOSE anything. I dunno how durable he is, but I'm sure he's missed less games than Jenkins, Rogers and Stroud has the last season or two.

    I think the Bears are having a horrible offseason. Re-Signing Grossman, Re-signing Briggs after he clearly didnt wanna be there last season and letting go off your top 2 recievers (Berrian's gonna see the Bears 2 times next year)

    I like what New England did. Got Moss Back, signed Sam Aiken to replace Donte Stallworth on special teams (for 30 million less) and didnt overpay Asante Samuel. I woulda kept *** though
    This ACL injury was Kelly's first injury.

    Oldie but a goodie.

    Comment


    • #47
      how is resigning briggs a bad thing? if he didnt want to be here, he would be somewhere else. it's really ******** to bring up something he said during a contract dispute. moose wasn't one of our top 2 at season's end as well. and no way does berrian, as much as i love him, deserve all that he got from MIN so bye. i'll let bf51 hit you up on the positives on grossman b/c his views make it seem smart in bringing him back...well almost :P

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by FizzyFalcons View Post
        I kinda like the Tommy Kelly signing. He's young, has put up decent numbers.
        And with the going market for DT's being a couple day 2 picks, I dont think they really LOSE anything. I dunno how durable he is, but I'm sure he's missed less games than Jenkins, Rogers and Stroud has the last season or two.

        considering what the giants paid for tuck, the kelley signing doesnt look great.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by skiinginNJ View Post
          considering what the giants paid for tuck, the kelley signing doesnt look great.
          I don't know what his details were, but in this market Tuck would have cashed in.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by FizzyFalcons View Post
            I kinda like the Tommy Kelly signing. He's young, has put up decent numbers.
            And with the going market for DT's being a couple day 2 picks, I dont think they really LOSE anything. I dunno how durable he is, but I'm sure he's missed less games than Jenkins, Rogers and Stroud has the last season or two.

            I think the Bears are having a horrible offseason. Re-Signing Grossman, Re-signing Briggs after he clearly didnt wanna be there last season and letting go off your top 2 recievers (Berrian's gonna see the Bears 2 times next year)

            I like what New England did. Got Moss Back, signed Sam Aiken to replace Donte Stallworth on special teams (for 30 million less) and didnt overpay Asante Samuel. I woulda kept *** though
            Your kidding, right? He missed most of last season with an ACL injury and you are saying he is more durable than the other guys?
            Last edited by kmartin575; 03-04-2008, 07:48 AM.

            Comment


            • #51
              Are there are big names still out there?


              "O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
              Mike Tirico

              Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

              Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun


              "(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                Which teams are having the best and worst offseasons?

                Best- Colts

                Although teams like the vikings and browns added many new players, it doesnt make it the best offseason (think 49ers 07). But the colts havent signed any Free Agents. So why the Colts?

                They're keeping their core players. They managed to re-sign Dallas Clark and Ryan Lilja, two core starters on the offense. They also haven't lost anyone significant in FA. Sometimes, just keeping your core players intact is the best thing you can do this time of year.
                Yeah because the 49'rs were extremely overrated in 06 means that because their offseason didnt improve them to a better team that it also means other teams won't improve when they add talent.

                Also, about the Colts keeping core players... How about the Browns retaining Derek Anderson and Jamal Lewis, and adding two good defensive linemen (Our worst position last year) as well as a speedy #2 receiver (something we don't have.)

                Some times the obvious answer is the right one, don't try to outthink yourself bud.

                Comment


                • #53
                  I'm not ecstatic with the Broncos at this point. Although I think Walker was bad for the team, and gold wasnt doing great, they were 2 starters. And so far all we've done is bring in Kerry Colbert...who'll be lucky to be the third or 4th WR on the team. Not a big fan. The last player I read about pursuing was Boss Bailey, who is a lot like gold, but with the bailey brand name on the back.

                  Only way I like the Broncos offseason, is if they end up with a good DT during draft or trade, or if they pick the players I want in the draft (chris williams and earl bennett)

                  Of course, defense is the biggest need, but they seem to think that this is a team with no holes.

                  Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                  Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                  i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                  Originally posted by Job
                  NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    The 49ers D is gonna be much improved.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                      I'm not ecstatic with the Broncos at this point. Although I think Walker was bad for the team, and gold wasnt doing great, they were 2 starters. And so far all we've done is bring in Kerry Colbert...who'll be lucky to be the third or 4th WR on the team. Not a big fan. The last player I read about pursuing was Boss Bailey, who is a lot like gold, but with the bailey brand name on the back.

                      Only way I like the Broncos offseason, is if they end up with a good DT during draft or trade, or if they pick the players I want in the draft (chris williams and earl bennett)

                      Of course, defense is the biggest need, but they seem to think that this is a team with no holes.
                      Believe it or not, I am using the Broncos to gauge this whole free agency. Denver evals talent as good as anybody. If they were unwilling to give up so much to get some of these defensive tackles, it makes me glad the Raiders didn't trade away picks to get one of them too.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by gdamac View Post
                        Believe it or not, I am using the Broncos to gauge this whole free agency. Denver evals talent as good as anybody. If they were unwilling to give up so much to get some of these defensive tackles, it makes me glad the Raiders didn't trade away picks to get one of them too.
                        What does evals mean?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                          Are there are big names still out there?
                          dj hackett
                          julius jones
                          clark haggans
                          jake scott
                          bryant johnson
                          ty law
                          javon walker
                          eugene wilson
                          boss baily
                          ben troupe
                          marty booker
                          warrick dunn

                          i think most of those are still avial

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                            dj hackett
                            julius jones
                            clark haggans
                            jake scott
                            bryant johnson
                            ty law
                            javon walker
                            eugene wilson
                            boss baily
                            ben troupe
                            marty booker
                            warrick dunn

                            i think most of those are still avial
                            isnt he with the bills

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by The Legend View Post
                              isnt he with the bills
                              from my understanding its like 95% but nothing is official

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by gdamac View Post
                                Believe it or not, I am using the Broncos to gauge this whole free agency. Denver evals talent as good as anybody. If they were unwilling to give up so much to get some of these defensive tackles, it makes me glad the Raiders didn't trade away picks to get one of them too.
                                yeah, denver is usually pretty good, but last year was dissapointing with the players that were good on other teams, but didnt fit with the Broncos. I guess they learned there lesson about goin after high priced free agents, but I think they went too far.

                                DT is a huge need, as is LB imo and neither has been addressed at all. Unless they plan on making a trade up in the draft for sedrick ellis or vernon gholston, then I think they made a mistake by not picking up a solid DT or LB.

                                I just dont like what we did last year, and I dont think that we are really heading in the right direction as of now.

                                But lets hope that we fix things up come draft. *fingers crossed* lol

                                Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                                Originally posted by Job
                                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information