No announcement yet.

Brett Favre is going to retire today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe I just now thought of this for the Packers.

I dunno if he would be willing to play 2nd string, and I don't think it's really fair to Aaron Rodgers to make him now compete with another vet for his job, but damn it makes perfect sense.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      How fast does Jon Kitna come out and say the Lions are now the team to beat in the NFC North? Anyone taking bets?
      I still think Roy Williams saying "we were so close to scoring 40 its scary" when they only scored 6 points trumps Kitna on the dumbass scale.

Comment

• I think he should've kept playing.
        If they added a couple good players in the Draft, they would have a good chance of making it to the Superbowl.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• you know what....i wouldn't put him on a beach just yet. Im just saying....

Comment

• I'm glad he's retiring, I'm getting tired of hearing One more Season. He's got nothing more to prove he's broken a good portion of all the records.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              I can't believe I just now thought of this for the Packers.

I dunno if he would be willing to play 2nd string, and I don't think it's really fair to Aaron Rodgers to make him now compete with another vet for his job, but damn it makes perfect sense.

did he say he was coming back?

Comment

• No but I miss the ******* Snake. Haha...

I think he'd come back if he thought he had a chance to play and win a Superbowl. That's the catch, the Packers would have to convince him that he can compete for the starting job without actually meaning it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• It wouldn't be a bad move to get him back as an insurance policy for Rodgers. It almost makes sense.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Brett Favre left Chris Mortenson a voicemail saying that the reason he's retiring is that he's mentally worn down.
                    Favre apparently told Mortenson that the Packers' failure to acquire Randy Moss wasn't the driving cause behind his retirement, and that even getting to the Super Bowl and losing would have been too mentally draining. Still, Mortenson speculates that if the Packers had acquired Moss, Favre would have continued to play.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl...?urn=nfl,69938

my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

I cant see the picture, but based on the comments, are you talking about Jake Plummer?

Comment

• Farewell to the toughest football player I've ever seen.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
                          I'm glad he's retiring, I'm getting tired of hearing One more Season. He's got nothing more to prove he's broken a good portion of all the records.
                          Your name speaks voulumes and this post is pretty much classless....if I had any respect for you it is all gone

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

You're right, Jesus would be the perfect 2nd string QB for us.

Seriously, I could see Plummer in that role, but I can also see Trent Green doing it or pretty much any veteran who's had even the slightest amount of starting experience. Bottom line is, we have to bring in someone now whether it be from the draft or any free agent that is left. But for the draft, I wouldn't want to spend anything higher than a 4th for it.

On Favre retiring.....it truly is a sad day and all of Wisconsin is mourning now but really oh well. The man gave his mind and body for us for 16 (I think) years so I'm glad to see him walk away relatively unharmed and still the same personality that he always has been. But it will truly be a different Packers organization and even NFL without Brett around. So long Brett, have a good one.

Comment

is that Jesus? i suppose that would be the natural progression after having God at QB for all those years.

Comment

• hmm dont see it happening i want it to happen but dont see it

also dont the bucc like OWN him lol maybe we can trade a 2009 6th Round

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information